Super Mario Run Pre-Registration for Android is now live

rsz_super-mario-run.jpg

Got no iOS devices and been impatiently waiting to try out Nintendo's latest mobile game? It looks like the wait will soon be over for Android users.

On their twitter page, the Big N has announced that pre-registration is now available for Android:

Once pre-registered, you'll be notified when the game is available to download. Similar to its iOS version, Super Mario Run is available to download for free and enjoy some levels but the full content will be available after paying a set purchase price ($9.99 on the App Store to unlock all 6 worlds). And just like the iOS version, an internet connection is required to play.

Released for iOS on December 15, the game was downloaded more than 50 million times from the App Store in its first week of release.

The exact time before controlling Mario with one hand on Android devices is not known but in the case of iOS devices there was about three months between registration and launch, so expect something similar.

:arrow: SOURCE
:download: Pre-register here

RaMon90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Android user here, if they keep the internet connection requirement (always connected) it's a no for me. Some don't have internet data to play outside or if someone like me that have mobile data but without the 32kbp/s option. If i'm not wrong, up to 75 mb every hour.
I still gonna try and see if it's fun or not.

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
The fact that it's a pay-to-upgrade version means they get around the requirement of Android apps to be eligible for family library, so I'll be passing on this one. I've played the iOS version and, while it is fun, there's not much that sets it apart from other games like Rayman Run. Not much that makes it worth the high price, that is.

Reactions: guisadop

Bubsy Bobcat

funny rabbit
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
if that's that you need to be always online to play it...than yes they have :P
SafetyNet is a brutal root detection system that Android Pay and most banking apps use. Niantic added SafetyNet into Pokemon Go in September and I haven't been able to play it since and I'm pretty sure Ninty will be adding SafetyNet into Mario Run as well since they're paranoid.

Bubsy Bobcat

funny rabbit
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
you'll have to buy it than. LOL buy an android app are they MAD who buys android apps?! :creep:
That's not the point that I'm making. They already force you to be online to play which is already a good but annoying anti piracy tactic. If they add SafetyNet to their game then I wouldn't even be allowed to try it out or buy the game so they'd end up losing out. Kinda like how nobody plays Pokemon Go anymore (even though the main reason is because it was a fad) and I'd probably still be playing it now and again if they didn't block rooted phones and even unroofed custom roms and I don't want a stock ROM full of apps I'm not going to use.

LuxerWap

The Green Husky with a Broken Tail
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone remember Pokémon Jukebox? Yep, it was hated because The Pokémon Company, Inc. added a SafetyNet into the app. Which means the app would play for rooted phones and back then, the rating was 2/5 stars.

Don't know how it is now.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has there been an official statement to why they have an always online DRM? It feels anti consumer on a game that's mainly single player.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Really liked Mario Run on the iOS but hope that Nintendo gets rid of the online-only crap.. they probably won't.

I've tried pre-registering but it says my phone is incompatible despite being able to play Miitomo and Pokémon Go.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Has there been an official statement to why they have an always online DRM? It feels anti consumer on a game that's mainly single player.
Nintendo claims it has something to do fighting piracy. People will pirate it one way or another.

Reactions: Shadowfied

omega59

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SafetyNet is a brutal root detection system that Android Pay and most banking apps use. Niantic added SafetyNet into Pokemon Go in September and I haven't been able to play it since and I'm pretty sure Ninty will be adding SafetyNet into Mario Run as well since they're paranoid.

The latest Pokemon 0.51.0 is hacked IDK what your talking about. And there are 2 versions hacked with cheats, research it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all