Super Mario Maker day one patch speeds up item unlock times

smmunlock-640x360.jpg

Nintendo has just announced that a Day One patch will be available for Mario Maker soon, which will severely increase the unlock rate of usable items in game. As previously reported by early reviews, the initial unlock time of items in game took close to the span of 9 days to be able to utilize everything. Now that time has been shortened to just under a few hours before having access to everything Super Mario Maker has to offer!

The current rate of unlocks varies according to reports, with some saying it takes as little as 5 minutes, to 25 minutes for an unlock to appear.

Be sure to keep an eye out for our official review of Super Mario Maker, generously provided by Nintendo, coming very soon!

:arrow: SOURCE

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What I don't like about this game is all the skins you can get only if you have the amiibos...
But well, I'm only interested in the sprites, so I'll just wait that someone on the internet rips them...

And besides, there's countless of Mario makers out there in the net for free, maybe they don't have the NSMB graphics,
but they can do the same thing as this plus more.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ZaeZae64

Trophies
Website
puu.sh
XP
Country
United States
What I don't like about this game is all the skins you can get only if you have the amiibos...
But well, I'm only interested in the sprites, so I'll just wait that someone on the internet rips them...

And besides, there's countless of Mario makers out there in the net for free, maybe they don't have the NSMB graphics,
but they can do the same thing as this plus more.
You can unlock every costume through normal gameplay.
As for the reason you would use this over free internet ones, is for global level sharing, exclusive item/character stacking, an engine that's actually close to the source material without the limitations of the original

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Actually I don't think this is the case, however amiibo does make it much quicker.

http://www.mariowiki.com/Super_Mario_Maker

Interesting...
I might get it then if the price's not too much...

You can unlock every costume through normal gameplay.
As for the reason you would use this over free internet ones, is for global level sharing, exclusive item/character stacking, an engine that's actually close to the source material without the limitations of the original

Guess those thing could be done with free ones too if you just program them, still, whatevs.
One thing that can't be done in this tho, is giving each characters is own moves or what.
I've played some of these engines with characters like Link or Megaman having the moves from their games...

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Actually I don't think this is the case, however amiibo does make it much quicker.

http://www.mariowiki.com/Super_Mario_Maker

As someone who has a Review Copy of the game, I can confirm that completion of the 100-Mario Challenge only unlocks one costume at a time, and that only includes costumes that don't have an amiibo yet.

You're gonna need to start buying up amiibos, guys.

Reactions: ihaveahax

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh shit I forgot that was out...damn now I definitely need to dust off my Wii U. So hyped for this game. Looks amazing.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Personally, I already set the time forward in order to unlock everything.
There just wasn't enough content unlocked out of the box to make an interesting level with.

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so do I (and so can't I) ... maybe if a new Zelda game were to be released... nah Nintendo would never do that

I find it kinda odd that they didnt release this on 3ds as well. It actually seems more suited to portable play. maybe they are just trying to sell wii U's?

Korin

Trophies
XP
Country
I find it kinda odd that they didnt release this on 3ds as well. It actually seems more suited to portable play. maybe they are just trying to sell wii U's?
I hear they were going to release it on 3DS, however the 3DS was too weak to handle the Ice Climbers Amiibo so they scrapped the whole port. /s

Deleted member 331788

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, looks like everyone that wants to be on an exploitable firmware has a decision to make now.

Well it is Nintendo's NEW way of getting user to update! ;)
It's been like that for the pass few major title... like here's a game (buggy as hell, missing content etc etc), then they advertise it with here's some new "update" features that we didn't include in the game because we want you to update your console ...paying for beta game on console??? :wtf:

Hyperstar96

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As someone who has a Review Copy of the game, I can confirm that completion of the 100-Mario Challenge only unlocks one costume at a time, and that only includes costumes that don't have an amiibo yet.

You're gonna need to start buying up amiibos, guys.
How did you get a review copy that's different from everyone else's? Every other site/reviewer I've seen says all costumes can be obtained through 100 Mario Challenge.

Side note: It's amiibo; no "s" at the end. Why do people have so much trouble with Nintendo's names?

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Side note: It's amiibo; no "s" at the end. Why do people have so much trouble with Nintendo's names?

Let me guess you also correct people who say legos instead of LEGO™ brand building bricks?

Anyway, it's silly that a game about making your own levels has stuff locked in the first place, but I guess it's good they shortened the time?

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
How did you get a review copy that's different from everyone else's? Every other site/reviewer I've seen says all costumes can be obtained through 100 Mario Challenge.

Well, so far, I haven't gotten a single amiibo costume from the 100-Mario challenge. I calls it how I sees it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs