Hacking Super Mario Galaxy 2 Backup loader info

hdhacker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
George Dawes said:
Priiloader isn't needed, and is a waste of time if you have bootmii as boot2.

BootMii doesn't block system updates. If you get a fixable brick, it's nice to be able to recover instead of going back to an ancient backup.

George Dawes

Wanker
Trophies
Website
www.indymedia.org.uk
XP
Country
Chad
Botmii doesn't, but startpatch does. If you have bootmii as boot2 and all you want is to block disc/online updates (and stuff like region free chans/disc, skip healthscreen) then startpatch is the obvious choice - absolutely no reason to use priiloader.

Ancient backup? I dunno about you but I have a backup from when I first installed bootmii and one from after my wii was fully configured the way I like it. If I was paranoid I could also make one before making any changes to my system (but I've never had a intentional brick and I doubt I ever am, so those two nand backups do me).

hdhacker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would you advise someone to literally patch the OS instead of installing a utility that does the same thing without potentially fucking up your Wii? It makes no sense.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a WiiKey 2 with an 4.2U and I keep getting an "Unable to read disc" error whenever I get a star. Does that "change game ID to RB4E01" really work? Doesn't sound very reliable to me.

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Hakoda said:
I have a WiiKey 2 with an 4.2U and I keep getting an "Unable to read disc" error whenever I get a star. Does that "change game ID to RB4E01" really work? Doesn't sound very reliable to me.
If you don't have Resident Evil 4 Wii edition (U), feel free to try it. (Resident Evil 4 uses "RB4E.")

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dialexio said:
Hakoda said:
If you don't have Resident Evil 4 Wii edition, feel free to try it. (Resident Evil 4 uses "RB4E.")
I see. I was going to say "why the trash post" until I read the parenthesis. Okay so that basically proves, that fix is bogus. Anyone else have any other ideas? I've downloaded the ISO at least twice. I'll try a non-scrubbed release this time.

bestperson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ran the latest version of pimp my wii and updated all my ios with it. i'm running 4.1u. I tried to play smg2 using usb loader gx with fix error 002 turned on and using ios 249 and I just get a black screen. From what I've read I should be able to get this game to work with these settings. What am I doing wrong? thanks in advance for all your help.

bestperson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dialexio said:
bestperson said:
do I have to uninstall rev 17 first before installing rev 19?
Nope, you could install over it.

Okay. I just installed cIOS249 rev 19 and I tried to launch the game again using both usb loader gx and wiiflow and this time instead of just freezing at a black screen it just went straight to the wii system menu.

I'm assuming I'm missing another IOS. Did I not choose the correct base IOS to install rev19 on?

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
bestperson said:
Okay. I just installed cIOS249 rev 19 and I tried to launch the game again using both usb loader gx and wiiflow and this time instead of just freezing at a black screen it just went straight to the wii system menu.

I'm assuming I'm missing another IOS. Did I not choose the correct base IOS to install rev19 on?
I'm pretty sure any base IOS would work, but I know the game works for sure with cIOS rev19 base IOS57 and Configurable USB Loader v57b7 (no funky options like forcing NTSC or anti 002 fix).

sambo2312

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi all I've got a PAL Wii 4.1e

Neogamma R9 b23
cIOS rev 14

The game loads up fine, I do have the wonky remote issue but my biggest issue is on the world map screen if you stay on that screen for longer than a few minutes the music disappears and I get a Disc Could Not be Read error.

Anyone else experiencing this, and more so have you found a fix for it?

My game is on a Sony DVD-R burnt at x4 using imgburn.

Thanks

D

Deleted User

elmerohueso said:
I've only ever had 1 problem (so far) with SMG2:
On the first star of 2-2 (Hot-Stepping Dash Pepper in Hightail Falls Galaxy), every time I get the star, the screen just goes black and freezes. Consequently, I am not able to get any stars in that galaxy. I've tried playing on to other levels and worlds and then come back, but it always freezes at the same point.
I'm using CFG Loader 57b4.
Has anyone else experienced this problem or fixed it. If so, what setup/options are you using?

Thought i would create an account and post this in case other people have been having the same problem. I have been troubleshooting this problem for over a week now. I tried 3 different backups trying to get it to work and was semi successful. i was able to get the first mission oh hightail falls to finish, but then the 2nd one froze, then the prankster star was locking up. I even went from a pal to ntsc rom and converted my save game... didnt help. In the end, I ran it on ios222 instead of 249 and it worked perfectly. Wish I did that in the first place. Good luck.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all