Hacking Super.Mario.Bros.Deluxe.EUR.VC.3DS.INTERNAL-BigBlueBox

bartimeaus91

Stanza Blot Burls Rocks. Meaningless? Maybe not.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gamesquest1, so after you trim SMBD to about 5mb, you have to hex edit the portions according to your screenshot with the parts in red and it'll save properly?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
this can be done the otherway around to convert card1 games to card2......you have to figure out the "writable" region yourself though :blink:.........could be handy for people with SPI errors...but still impractical, unless someone could make a lil tool that does it all automatically B-)

gamesquest1, so after you trim SMBD to about 5mb, you have to hex edit the portions according to your screenshot with the parts in red and it'll save properly?
yeah it will act like a card1 game....i.e saving to the 3DS's big SD

Reactions: cearp

RomAnOCrY

Trophies
XP
Country
France
this can be done the otherway around to convert card1 games to card2......you have to figure out the "writable" region yourself though :blink:.........could be handy for people with SPI errors...but still impractical, unless someone could make a lil tool that does it all automatically B-)

If you play it with Gateway.
If not, it's in the µSD with MT-CARD for exemple. :)

placebooooo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Gamesquest1, what hex editor did you use? This is my first time using a hex and i cant seem to find the lines you have in your image...

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I think it does. I've trimmed and try hexediting it and couldn't find the segments. Untrimming it and hexediting worked fine
yeah the save will be cut out, but if your converting to cart1 anyway the nand save wouldn't work, the actual area you hex edit is right at the very start of the file. 0x180 and 0x200 these are never trimmed out or the game wouldn't work

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu

hey, any more info on converting card 1 <-> card 2? or, where can i find out the writable region? is there always one there?
(if gateway gave the option to store saves on the same sd as the roms i wouldn't want to convert to card2, but it's nice to put my gateway in a different 3ds and still continue my progress etc)
thanks a lot :)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
We'll I had asked 3dsguy if he would add a card1 to card2 changer in 3ds explorer, he said he most likely would so figured I should leave it to the professionals rather than have 101 different tools for different things,

Unfortunately it appears 3dsguy has retired from the 3ds scene, I had actually privately helped one guy setting it up as he had spi failures on his card and he then wrote up a lil tutorial with the info.....no point me re-writing it so he here is his link http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_fo...pi-fails-converting-games-to-nand-save-format

hopefully someone will take the reigns of 3ds explorer and keep it as the all-round 3ds problem solver, that's why I hadn't shared any tutorial,

Btw I'm pretty sure 3dsguy did write a lil tool for converting to card2 just before leaving the scene but iirc it was a command tool, I will have a look if I can find it

Reactions: cearp

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Just bare in mind once you go nand saving you can't switch back without starting against...........you also can't take your current saves with you :P
ah... what is the reason for that? so card2 games actually use a different save encryption thing? hmm ok, thanks for the warning

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have any other eshop titles been converted to .3ds formats or was super Mario bros. deluxe the only one currently?
Weapon.Shop.de.Omasse.EUR.3DS-BigBlueBox
Steel.Diver.Sub.Wars.EUR.3DS-BigBlueBox
Pullblox.EUR.3DS-BigBlueBox
Pokemon.Link.Battle.EUR.3DS-BigBlueBox
Legend.Of.Zelda.Links.Awakening.EUR.GBC.VC.3DS-BigBlueBox
Legend.Of.Zelda.EUR.NES.VC.3DS-BigBlueBox
Liberation.Maiden.EUR.FIXED.PROPER.READNFO.3DS-BigBlueBox
Bird.Mania.3D.EUR.FIXED.PROPER.READNFO.3DS-BigBlueBox
Super.Mario.Bros.Deluxe.EUR.VC.3DS.INTERNAL-BigBlueBox
Phoenix.Wright.Ace.Attorney.Dual.Destinies.EUR.3DS-BigBlueBox
HarmoKnight.EUR.3DS-BigBlueBox

Site & Scene News