Super Mario 64: Last Impact - Huge ROM Hack

A new ROM hack almost 4,000 hours in the making has been created for Super Mario 64. 130 stars, 12 powerups, many new bosses and a large variety of completely new levels! You can visit places like rainbow road and don the famous frog suit on your new little Mario quest!

incidentallyscribble

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I managed to get stuck and I can't get out

gci4Zl5.png
Lol :lol:

maravig

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

A new ROM hack almost 4,000 hours in the making has been created for Super Mario 64. 130 stars, 12 powerups, many new bosses and a large variety of completely new levels! You can visit places like rainbow road and don the famous frog suit on your new little Mario quest!

Awesome!!!!!

Pikasack

What is a title
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Has anyone been able to get this working on Android? I have tried Mupen64Plus FZ edition but it isn't working out too well.

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone been able to get this working on Android? I have tried Mupen64Plus FZ edition but it isn't working out too well.

Dunno if'n its 100% completable err not, but I've gotten as far as the first star on mupen64+fz using Glide64-accurate plugin, on Shieldtv and my shield portable.

At the games beginning I've noticed if I jump in the box near Peach or the green tube it causes a freeze.

guedesbrawl

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Game is good, but i'd rather have the original's camera than what they did... i dunno why people feel the need to change what works.

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Emulator is the only option. I wanted to play this on real hardware also but no one likes to make rom hacks/mods that work on real hardware when it comes to n64.

Yes, emulator is the only option to play most SM64 ROM Hacks.
All you can do is plug a HDMI cable in and N64 USB Adapter to get a feeling, although maybe a bit.

Most GoldenEye 007 ROM Hacks works on Everdrive though. Those people actually care about the N64 ^^

Reactions: cvskid

Johnny2071

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, emulator is the only option to play most SM64 ROM Hacks.
All you can do is plug a HDMI cable in and N64 USB Adapter to get a feeling, although maybe a bit.

Most GoldenEye 007 ROM Hacks works on Everdrive though. Those people actually care about the N64 ^^
Maybe next generation, when someone creates a better N64 emulator that can run on real hardware.

Also PCs are an issue for me because:

1. Half the time, you're using a keyboard to get anything done.
2. PCs can overheat and shut down on you, or viruses can erase your data. Wiis and other systems don't have that issue.

I guess SM64: Last Impact is nothing more than a mere pipe dream for me. At least I was able to play Super Mario Star Road.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe next generation, when someone creates a better N64 emulator that can run on real hardware.

Also PCs are an issue for me because:

1. Half the time, you're using a keyboard to get anything done.
2. PCs can overheat and shut down on you, or viruses can erase your data. Wiis and other systems don't have that issue.

I guess SM64: Last Impact is nothing more than a mere pipe dream for me. At least I was able to play Super Mario Star Road.
The majority of this post has me scratching my head. What do you mean by an "N64 emulator that can run on real hardware"? Why does using a PC mean you have to use a keyboard for the games? What's this about PCs overheating and shutting down on you? If I were to guess, I'd say you're trying to use a laptop with no peripherals and using that as the standard for playing on a PC.

Reactions: Bladexdsl

Johnny2071

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The majority of this post has me scratching my head. What do you mean by an "N64 emulator that can run on real hardware"? Why does using a PC mean you have to use a keyboard for the games? What's this about PCs overheating and shutting down on you? If I were to guess, I'd say you're trying to use a laptop with no peripherals and using that as the standard for playing on a PC.
By N64 emulator, I meant something better than Wii64. Buy real hardware, I mean that the Wii has the Homebrew Channel, which has a Wii64 application. Maybe a new Homebrew channel on a more powerful system such as the Wii U or Nintendo Switch (they Wii U being more likely, since Nintendo has pretty much abandoned it).

And yes, I do have a laptop, with some virus protection (nothing state of the art), but my computer gets overheated and lags. One of the main reasons I don't keep my life's work (namely game data) exclusively on my hard drive.

Last edited by Johnny2071,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Talk about propaganda.