Super Mario 64: Last Impact - Huge ROM Hack

A new ROM hack almost 4,000 hours in the making has been created for Super Mario 64. 130 stars, 12 powerups, many new bosses and a large variety of completely new levels! You can visit places like rainbow road and don the famous frog suit on your new little Mario quest!

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
and they run in vwii on the wiiu and are still slow. and even if there was a wiiu version it will still be shit cos the wiiu can't handle anything it just an upgraded wii with a gimmicky tablet :P

Last edited by Bladexdsl,
Reactions: Johnny2071

incidentallyscribble

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried it out, it was pretty cool! But on Not64 it froze when I want down a pipe, and there was some lag. Would be nice to see some sort of fix, but I doubt it.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Wii U VC compatibility:

The title loads, the Last Impact logo fades in, fades out, then the console freezes. :|

What was your config file? because I never got to the logo :/
I tried some stuff, but never reached this point so far, lol

Reactions: KiiWii

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried it out, it was pretty cool! But on Not64 it froze when I want down a pipe, and there was some lag. Would be nice to see some sort of fix, but I doubt it.

Yeah. same thing happened. Star Road is slow but playable. The Multiplayer rom only slows when the players are too far from each other. Last Impact is fast at file select, laggy in the central hub and just freezes at the pipe. BTW is this a totally different game from Star Road? Are the two rom hacks sharing some of the same levels?

mechagouki

Kill 'em all...
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not working on my Everdrive: V2, latest OS 2.12, NTSC (U) machine. I can see the game running but its a garbled mess, looks like a resolution issue.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and they run in vwii on the wiiu and are still slow. and even if there was a wiiu version it will still be shit cos the wiiu can't handle anything it just an upgraded wii with a gimmicky tablet :P
Whatever you say dude :rolleyes:

Doesn't work on Everdrive either, so...

Reactions: KiiWii

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
What was your config file? because I never got to the logo :/
I tried some stuff, but never reached this point so far, lol
It was the default SM64 config file. I tried to add in the RAM Size setting from F-Zero, but it didn't work.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States

Y'know? I see and hear some pretty stupid things all day, everyday. I honestly never think I'd come on here and see a post that tops that idiocy.. Until this...

Reactions: GamingAori

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Whatever you say dude :rolleyes:

Doesn't work on Everdrive either, so...
I find it funny. DS games run in fullspeed
It was the default SM64 config file. I tried to add in the RAM Size setting from F-Zero, but it didn't work.
weird, I still get a black screen with the SM64 config. what was your base game? I tried to run it over Yoshi's Story in Loadiine.

Reactions: the_randomizer

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Is the ram size setting in F-Zero the same for PD/DK64 etc? I'm not near my PC right now, but I imagine it's just a 4/8 or 0/1 value though....
It's a 0x400000 value. I tried to change it to 0x800000
I find it funny. DS games run in fullspeed

weird, I still get a black screen with the SM64 config. what was your base game? I tried to run it over Yoshi's Story in Loadiine.
My base game was Super Mario 64.

Reactions: KiiWii and VinsCool
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Have you tried Kyle's Mario 64 ED patcher? http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=1253.0

Tested on my 64drive and PAL N64 with expansion pak. NTSC games run fine on this TV from 64 and other consoles.

Unpatched:
The initial title screen loads correctly if I force PAL, but then black screen after that, no sound.
If I force NTSC or leave it on auto then I get the a garbled image similar to the one Drejjmit posted on an everdrive64, even on the title screen.

Patched:
Default (auto) or force NTSC, its garbled (looks like video timing), but less so and there is sound
Force PAL: it runs! I can see mario/the initial room in the castle and run around, but its glitchy in both sound and video. When you enter a world the graphics become a complete mess, it runs super slow then locks up (just after you take control of mario in the first world).

Potato video:

As others have said, sadly looks like this was designed around a specific, inaccurate version of PJ64.
Oh well, I'll give it a play on PC :)

Last edited by Count Duckula,
Reactions: zfreeman

omega59

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The one thing i hate about this game is the camera, what a shit experience, even on the original!

I already uninstalled and deleted this. THanks!

Last edited by omega59,
Reactions: petethepug

nasune

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, I just beat it (100%) and, while it's definitely a lot of fun, it does have some issues. The main problems are the camera, and invisible walls (there can be a lot of them). In addition, the power ups feel like one off gimmicks for the most part. Apart from the fireflower you use the powerups in one level at the most, and sometimes even only once.
Still it's large (took me a little over 9 hours), has a lot of fun levels (although some are clearly inspired by other games), and the bosses are different every time (instead of fighting Bowser three times).
As far as Mario 64 hacks go, I'd rate this second only to Star Road, and that's mainly because that one feels more polished and is 'purer' as far as just platforming goes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1