EzekielRage

Hero of the Void
Trophies
Website
www.void-comics.com
XP
Country
Australia
As somebody who LOVES Super Mario 64 and completely sucks at 2D Mario I was not impressed when I first saw 3D Land. I figured 2D Mario in a 3D World means suck at the game and truth be told, i did suck at it.
But the game was super fun! And VERY LONG!

So if this follows the same template just bigger and cooler, count me in, even if i wanted a game like 64 or galaxy 1 (i really dont like galaxy 2).
i pre-ordered it today :)

Reactions: Hielkenator

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I certainly hope they change their mind about this or I will be very disappointed.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/...-3d-world-scratches-an-all-too-familiar-itch/

Super Mario 3D World is a sequel of sorts to the 3DS' Super Mario 3D Land. In this case, the "3D" in the title is a bit misleading, since without the 3DS' display, the Wii U game lacks the pop-out 3D effects of its portable predecessor (and a Nintendo rep confirmed that no 3D TV support was planned).

Players using the Wii remotes are also stuck moving around with the directional pad, which is a little less precise than an analog stick for moving in three dimensions (a Nintendo rep told us that no Nunchuk support was planned).

D

Dork

Um, you guys do realize this isn't a Galaxy successor right? Did you honestly expect one after such short dev time? One will eventually come sooner or later.

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I just can't see what's so great in Super Mario Galaxy... Personally I found it to be boring to play.

yeah im really tired since sunshine of the collecting shines/stars they just make the game drag on forever. galaxy 1 and 2 are also guilty about that, you need to play the game literary twice to get a 100%, and to do that you need to collect 242 stars in total. don't get me wrong i think galaxy 1 and 2 are amazing games, but the collecting stars/ shines is a concept that i grew tired of

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Awesome.
Depending on your age, this is a very welcome addition of mario.
( after playing SM64, Sunshine, Galaxy 1 & 2, plus all N64 banjo games...)
I really am tired of the "collect the star" gamemechanic in those 3d platformers.

Reactions: wolf-snake

d.d.d.

Trophies
XP
Country
I just got a 3DS a month or so ago and SM3DL... I really liked it and thought it was a great blend of 2D and SM64. I really wish this was coming out for the 3DS because the 3D really made SM3DL shine and I don't have a 3D TV (not that they'll enable 3D in 3D World).
Don't get me wrong, I'll 99% pick this up in December but, I really wish Super Mario Galaxy 3 was coming first.

SnAQ

Trophies
XP
Country
Day one purchase for me, no doubt about that!

And we can't really judge this game based on the little footage we've been shown.
It would be interesting to hear from someone that tried the demo at a BestBuy store.

EzekielRage

Hero of the Void
Trophies
Website
www.void-comics.com
XP
Country
Australia
I like the collect the Stars thingie. I also like hubworlds instead of just stage select. I like stages with more to do and the adventure parts. but thats all just preference.
what i really, REALLY dislike in 3D land, the NEW games and now 3D world is the fact that you dont have health. you get tiny and then die. you fall in the lava and die. that was the best part about the n64 game and galaxy and sunshine. get coins to refill your health. dont instantly die. i know this is oldschool, but as said, I SUCK at oldschool mario. sad :(

still a good game though, already preodered^^

fluffykiwi

Trophies
Website
www.gba.shorturl.com
XP
Country
I want a new version similar to SM64 or Sunshine, I missed some of the subtler touches with SM64 over Galaxy, i.e. snoring enemies you could sneak past, secret warp, etc. The retro levels from SM64 in Galaxy really showed up some of those omissions.

I do expect to play and enjoy this, especially multiplayer but will continue to hope for a full single player Mario.

btw I'd welcome more 3DS games being expanded and improved for Wii U, especially if they can be released quickly, especially Luigi's Mansion as I loved the original.

I also want a real new Paper Mario, and not some sticker nonsense.

Reactions: Slartibartfast42

EzekielRage

Hero of the Void
Trophies
Website
www.void-comics.com
XP
Country
Australia
Yeah the subtle details in SM64 were fantastic.
I wished Nintendo would just release a real VC on the WiiU already with GameCube titles in the library. They could make a fortune with a VC version of Luigis Mansion. They coudl release Eternal Darkness if Shadows of the Eternals is ever released. They shoudl release StarFox Adventures because duh... and let's not forget the amounts of money they would make if they release Sunshine around the same time as SM3DW.

A real VC couldr eally bring in some sales. I know people who would buy the console in an instant if they could play the above mentioned games on it. So Nintendo really should step it up...

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got a 3DS a month or so ago and SM3DL... I really liked it and thought it was a great blend of 2D and SM64. I really wish this was coming out for the 3DS because the 3D really made SM3DL shine and I don't have a 3D TV (not that they'll enable 3D in 3D World).
Don't get me wrong, I'll 99% pick this up in December but, I really wish Super Mario Galaxy 3 was coming first.

Developing something like SMG3 takes much much longer. The first one came out a year after the Wii, but they had started it much earlier, during the Gamecube era. It also wasn't as polished, with the Luigi stars being pretty much the same. It then took another 2.5 years just to go from SMG1 to SMG2.

If you want a game like the SMG2 gameplay, but with the story-complexity and originality of SMG1, well, you are going to have to wait. The longer we wait, the better the game will be. Hopefully they don't need to make it twice again. Make one great 3D Mario game like this, and then release some DLC for it every year.

Nintendo needs to just get any games out there now, so that people get hooked on the Wii U. Then in 2 and half more years, they can start releasing all their masterpieces. Have patience.

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah the subtle details in SM64 were fantastic.
I wished Nintendo would just release a real VC on the WiiU already with GameCube titles in the library. They could make a fortune with a VC version of Luigis Mansion. They coudl release Eternal Darkness if Shadows of the Eternals is ever released. They shoudl release StarFox Adventures because duh... and let's not forget the amounts of money they would make if they release Sunshine around the same time as SM3DW.

A real VC couldr eally bring in some sales. I know people who would buy the console in an instant if they could play the above mentioned games on it. So Nintendo really should step it up...

But you can still play all those games on your Wii if you really want to. Nintendo isn't going to upscale them or add new features, besides save state, so what would be the point of playing them on your Wii U instead of your Wii? If I really wanted to play GameCube games, I could put them on my hacked Wii for free, and play them with a real gamecube controller. Why would people want to pay Nintendo at least $20 to get virtual versions of Gamecube games running on their Wii U?

I was just playing WarioWare Smooth Moves on my vWii last night, and it looked worse on the vWii then it does on a real Wii.

d.d.d.

Trophies
XP
Country
Developing something like SMG3 takes much much longer. The first one came out a year after the Wii, but they had started it much earlier, during the Gamecube era. It also wasn't as polished, with the Luigi stars being pretty much the same. It then took another 2.5 years just to go from SMG1 to SMG2.

If you want a game like the SMG2 gameplay, but with the story-complexity and originality of SMG1, well, you are going to have to wait. The longer we wait, the better the game will be. Hopefully they don't need to make it twice again. Make one great 3D Mario game like this, and then release some DLC for it every year.

Nintendo needs to just get any games out there now, so that people get hooked on the Wii U. Then in 2 and half more years, they can start releasing all their masterpieces. Have patience.

I have a huge backlog so patience is never a problem (I'm playing Red Dead Redemption now, hah :D). It was just my one E3 wish I had, tis all. ;_;
Well SMG2 came out in 2010 so to have SMG3 at the end of the year/early 2014 doesn't seem outlandish at all.
On the "make it once and then DLC..." idea. I rather enjoyed SMG for everything it was and then SMG2 as a complete game. I wouldn't want DLC in the form of just a new world with 6~10 stages and then have to wait another few months. All at once like SMG was fantastic and one of the Wii's best at that.

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Awesome.
Depending on your age, this is a very welcome addition of mario.
( after playing SM64, Sunshine, Galaxy 1 & 2, plus all N64 banjo games...)
I really am tired of the "collect the star" gamemechanic in those 3d platformers.
don't forget donkey kong 64 O.o i got a 100% on that game and there was a lot to collect on that game

EzekielRage

Hero of the Void
Trophies
Website
www.void-comics.com
XP
Country
Australia
I am playing those games on my wii but thats my point: some people may be experiencing those games for the first time if nintendo releases them on VC WiiU. Not everybody is a gamer for as long as I am...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.