Gaming Super Luigi U vs Mario world 3d

fatsquirrel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, Im buying one of these two games but I cannot decide which one to get !
Does any of you own both of these and if so, which one do you like more?

I really enjoy finding secret coins, is that the case in Mario 3d world too? Or just Super Luigi (mario) U ?

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Luigi is cheaper, but more like an expansion pack for New SMB U (though the retail release plays as stand alone).

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'd say Mario 3D World. It has green stars and stamps hidden in every level that more or less function as hidden collectables (even though you'll need the green stars to progress through the game and not all of them are exactly hidden). It also seems like a more varied and overall enjoyable experience.

fatsquirrel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I forgot to say that I havent played New SMB U and money is a big factor for me.
60€ vs 40€

which of these is longer, and which has more fun 2 player mode?

bountycky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I had super Mario 3D world and did not like it.. So I changed it to new super Mario Bros U and downloaded super Luigi u. I think multiplayer is funnier and more challenging in nsmbU than in 3D world.. But it's your choice, you decide :)

pudink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, Im buying one of these two games but I cannot decide which one to get !
Does any of you own both of these and if so, which one do you like more?

I really enjoy finding secret coins, is that the case in Mario 3d world too? Or just Super Luigi (mario) U ?

would not suggest luigi u because the game consists of 100 seconds courses which makes you rush all the time.You miss the fun of exploring and looking at the beautifully designed background images.

go with the 3d world

fatsquirrel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, I came to the conclusion too. Ill go with 3d world. My wife is having a birthday and Im gonna use it as an excuse to buy it >:)
Thank you all for the kind recommendations

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Mario 3D World.

I've tanked in quite a lot of hours already just to collecting all the Green Stars and Stamps but I'm yet to finish the Champion's Road and Mystery Box Marathon.

I'm guessing that a lot of players won't get to even reach the Final World because it'll be too hard to them, not to mention, I see on Miiverse that they enjoy the White Tanooki...

This is all the Green Stars I've collected so far on Mystery Box Marathon:

zlCfzRZt5887hf23DF

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Super Mario 3D World, that game is truly amazing, especially with friends. My bro and I went on a 2 day spree playing that game like, non stop until we had it 100% completed. It's decently long if you do all the side stuff, and it's too long if
you do the additional side stuff that comes later.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well I believe I'm about to get hit with a spring sinus infuction
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well I believe I'm about to get hit with a spring sinus infuction