Hacking Sun/Moon Demo rebooting my O3DS?

Chipman42

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, using coldboot menuhax, if I'm not mistaken.

Alternatively, the present A9LH is very very much easier to install,
way easier than when I first installed A9LH (which was V1 at that point).

I just downgraded + A9LH my clear blue 2DS two days ago,
and it was very easy.

Plus if you are on Rxtools, you probably don't even need to downgrade to 9.2! (only need 2.0 ctr transfer),
so you just need to follow Phailect guide step by step (it'll even tell you when to skip steps)

Read it through first, though.
The only reason I haven't gone to Luma with A9LH yet is the fact I don't have a PC yet. I actually had no idea A9LH got easier tho, I set my CFW up in January so I had no idea

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
The only reason I haven't gone to Luma with A9LH yet is the fact I don't have a PC yet. I actually had no idea A9LH got easier tho, I set my CFW up in January so I had no idea

Yeah I had no idea too, until I decided to downgrade my other 2DS!

Basically only have to use downgrader once.
2.0 downgrade was originally risky, but with the CTR-nand transfer thing, it removed risk some more.
just never go into sleep mode when on 2.0

RCJayce

The Defender Of Tomorrow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you explian your friend's setting?
I used a OldXL with Rxtools, and Smash & MonsterHunter worked well. so the Reboot patch is there, SuMo uses the same method on the Old3DS so, if Smash/Monter Hunter works, SuMo should work too.

Setup: Old 3DS XL 9.2
Menuhax
RxTools (I don't remember the version, but it had the Old Splash when it was loading)

Last edited by RCJayce,

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
i used a OldXL with Rxtools, and Smash & MonsterHunter worked well. so the Reboot patch is there, SuMo uses the same method on the Old3DS so, if Smash/Monter Hunter works, SuMo should work too.
Then it's weird if he got reboot but the game doesn't run. Does it need to install both on SysNAND/EmuNAND similar to VC/DSi Apps?

RCJayce

The Defender Of Tomorrow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then it's weird if he got reboot but the game doesn't run. Does it need to install both on SysNAND/EmuNAND similar to VC/DSi Apps?
Nope, thats only for DSi and GBA games. I'm sure that is a seed problem he should check that iso site and download the seed from there and import it using FBI

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Nope, thats only for DSi and GBA games. I'm sure that is a seed problem he should check that iso site and download the seed from there and import it using FBI
He said he checked that ISO site already.

I was on that Iso site but thanks for the heads up

Last edited by nechigawara,

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Once you import the seed in using FBI, launching it reboots the 3DS to play the game, just like Smash bros. It's a hi-mem game, so it needs the extra memory.

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
i wonder if al uma patch can be made t prvent the extened memory from killing ntr
From how NTR works, No.
Just asked a friend with my OLD old XL and he said that he downloaded the Demo from Freeshop without problems it works good.

he's using my old setup so RxTools it's not the problem here.
So OP should use freeshop cia instead then.

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
gateshark does though however i think tis part of the cfw if they made a cheat system part of luma i guess that would work and it would be better then having to pull ntr up all the time
You could fork Luma and did that though. Since I'm sure that @Aurora Wright Won't do any feature about cheating.

Or the easier way, give yourself N3DS/N3DSXL.

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh, you said you were on 11.0. The demo came out on 11.1 hence the demo requires you to be on the most recent firmware. Just update your emuNAND FFS.

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Uh, you said you were on 11.0. The demo came out on 11.1 hence the demo requires you to be on the most recent firmware. Just update your emuNAND FFS.
Some body said this:
Surprisingly, I got it to work on my friends O3ds rxTools emu 11.0 or whatever the current firmware is.
Not sure if it's actually 11.0 or 11.0 though

musashi076

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm also having this issue on my O3DS A9LH Luma v11.1.0 but only after exiting the game, it will suddenly reboot. I got the demo from a decrypted cia and redownload it via repair.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk