• Start date
  • Views 12,381
  • Replies 84

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think that once you have A9LH installed you're supposed to boot Luma3ds from it's arm9loaderhax.bin file on root and not with HBL since you (I suppose) have an uptaded sysnand...and since you have Shadownand installed, instead of putting the arm9loaderhax.bin in the root you put it in homebrew/3ds and rename it boot.bin...

What happens if you press power+select? Do you see the Luma config screen?

GreaterDog

A True Warrior, A Warning 9 Warrior
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I think that once you have A9LH installed you're supposed to boot Luma3ds from it's arm9loaderhax.bin file on root and not with HBL since you (I suppose) have an uptaded sysnand...and since you have Shadownand installed, instead of putting the arm9loaderhax.bin in the root you put it in homebrew/3ds and rename it boot.bin...

What happens if you press power+select? Do you see the Luma config screen?

nothing
at
all

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
oups...that's weird...

What if you put luma's arm9loaderhax.bin file both in the root as is and in homebrew/3ds as boot.bin?
Do you see anything then? when booting the 3ds while pressing power and select at the same time?

GreaterDog

A True Warrior, A Warning 9 Warrior
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
oups...that's weird...

What if you put luma's arm9loaderhax.bin file both in the root as is and in homebrew/3ds as boot.bin?
Do you see anything then? when booting the 3ds while pressing power and select at the same time?

nevermind i fixed my 2ds lmao i fixed the soft brick

i check on hex editor on my a9lh.bin file to make the a9lh installer appear right when i touch power and reinstall the a9lh

yep everything works lmao

Last edited by GreaterDog,

pastwo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i updated my luma3ds with starupdater but when i go to options (with SELECT) the version appears is 5.5, why?

Viralz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i updated my luma3ds with starupdater but when i go to options (with SELECT) the version appears is 5.5, why?

Same here. The option to add a custom path doesn't even show up.

Also I use ctr as my boot loader. Will I have to disable it too? Also, if I disable it, won't the sysnand boot up instead of Luma?

Last edited by Viralz,

Erythros

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Having the same problem as OP, tried everything sugested in the post. Doesnt work. Maybe it's boot manager.

I use cakesCFW, and it uses a boot manager so that I can load both the CF and the homebrew when I want to (I don't remember which boot manager it is. It's a purple background one with a simple select menu). I did all this back in december 2015 so by now I don't remember almost any of it.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having the same problem as OP, tried everything sugested in the post. Doesnt work. Maybe it's boot manager.

I use cakesCFW, and it uses a boot manager so that I can load both the CF and the homebrew when I want to (I don't remember which boot manager it is. It's a purple background one with a simple select menu). I did all this back in december 2015 so by now I don't remember almost any of it.
The only solution is not using a boot manger. You should use a9lh. That will use luma3ds which will fix all yours problems with the demo if everything i said doesn't work. https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

Erythros

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
But can I keep my games' savefiles? And why is tampering with the sysnand better or safer than having an emunand?

katykat5099

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, so i have Luma3DS and i have 2 updater's, the luma3dsupdater and starupdater. One says on on latest version and one says in on an old version still.

So since that's messed up for unknown reasons idk how i an fix any issues with updating. Also is there a way to disable boot manager temperately so i can just load homebrew through menuhax? Then load luma3ds right after?
I just don't want to mess anything up.

maskdemask

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Updating Luma to the latest and setting a custom path worked! thank you all for the help!

whats funny is i just set the custom path back to where it normal starts /luma/ lol

I'm pretty sure the problems you were facing are precisely the ones I'm now trying to workaround.

Even after I import the seed using the latest version of FBI (I get a message stating "Seed Imported", so no apparent error is displayed) I keep getting stuck in a black screen, which comes right after the n3ds logo disappears.

Also, I don't understand why it is that the game I downloaded using the freeshop (or the official eshop) won't work either -- any other game I downloaded using the freeshop runs perfectly, even the most recent ones.

My 3ds uses the menuhax+rednand+autoboot (no A9LH here -- I used Temptress Cerise's tutorial). O3DS XL, CFW 11.1.0-34U, Luma3ds 6.3.1 and FBI 2.4.2 here, btw.

That said, could you please explain what it was that you did, exactly?

Following Amapola62's tips, I created a 'homebrew' folder. Inside of it I included a '3ds' folder. Finally, inside the 3ds folder I put a "Arm9loaderhax.bin" file, which was then renamed to "boot.bin". I didn't delete the "Arm9loaderhax.bin" on the root of the SD card, btw.

After that, I created a path.txt. I opened the file and there I wrote the following: "/homebrew/3ds/boot.bin" (without the quotation marks, obviously). Such file went to the "luma" folder that there exist on the root of the SD card.

Finally, (1) I inserted the SD card inside my 3ds, (2) accessed the homebrew menu, (3) launched the Luma3DS 6.3.1 and (4) marked the option "use custom path". I was then redirected to the CFW, where I launched the pokemon demo and... it worked!

HOWEVER, whenever I leave the demo and try to execute it once again, the black screen returns. What I have to do then is: reset the console, execute the homebrew launcher and, finally, launch the game.

So: isn't there an easier way to play games that demand more ram (for now, I really don't want to install A9LH...)? For example, isn't there a way the custom path can automatically be accessed (without me having to launch the homebrew menu every time I need to access the game)? How can I disable the boot loader and what is the downside of doing so?

I do want to migrate to A9HL eventually. However, I've already managed to put about every game to work, and I'm not so sure about going through an entirely new process once again.

Edit. I've just installed de A9HL. It was way easier than I thought it would be, and now the game runs smoothly. I'm glad I did it... :)

Last edited by maskdemask,

Josephimmanuel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I'm pretty sure the problems you were facing are precisely the ones I'm now trying to workaround.

Even after I import the seed using the latest version of FBI (I get a message stating "Seed Imported", so no apparent error is displayed) I keep getting stuck in a black screen, which comes right after the n3ds logo disappears.

Also, I don't understand why it is that the game I downloaded using the freeshop (or the official eshop) won't work either -- any other game I downloaded using the freeshop runs perfectly, even the most recent ones.

My 3ds uses the menuhax+rednand+autoboot (no A9LH here -- I used Temptress Cerise's tutorial). O3DS XL, CFW 11.1.0-34U, Luma3ds 6.3.1 and FBI 2.4.2 here, btw.

Following Amapola62's tips, I created a 'homebrew' folder. Inside of it I included a '3ds' folder. Finally, inside the 3ds folder I put a "Arm9loaderhax.bin" file, which was then renamed to "boot.bin". I didn't delete the "Arm9loaderhax.bin" on the root of the SD card, btw.

After that, I created a path.txt. I opened the file and there I wrote the following: "/homebrew/3ds/boot.bin" (without the quotation marks, obviously). Such file went to the "luma" folder that there exist on the root of the SD card.

Finally, (1) I inserted the SD card inside my 3ds, (2) accessed the homebrew menu, (3) launched the Luma3DS 6.3.1 and (4) marked the option "use custom path". I was then redirected to the CFW, where I launched the pokemon demo and... it worked!

HOWEVER, whenever I leave the demo and try to execute it once again, the black screen returns. What I have to do then is: reset the console, execute the homebrew launcher and, finally, launch the game.

So: isn't there an easier way to play games that demand more ram (for now, I really don't want to install A9LH...)? For example, isn't there a way the custom path can automatically be accessed (without me having to launch the homebrew menu every time I need to access the game)? How can I disable the boot loader and what is the downside of doing so?

I do want to migrate to A9HL eventually. However, I've already managed to put about every game to work, and I'm not so sure about going through an entirely new process once again.

Edit. I've just installed de A9HL. It was way easier than I thought it would be, and now the game runs smoothly. I'm glad I did it... :)
sir. can you tell me how to make path.txt? sorty for newb question. i really2 need yourhelp, because my 3ds is same like yours, please sir.

Josephimmanuel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia

i already followd your step and made the path.txt, still not working.

Josephimmanuel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Please. i need help guys. :'(

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

alrighty, i'll give this a shot after checking out the cia version

ok, seed and cia didn't work. gonna try custom path now
sir i already followed the steps to make custom path, can you tell me your way to make custom path please?

D

Deleted User

OP
Please. i need help guys. :'(

sir i already followed the steps to make custom path, can you tell me your way to make custom path please?
Try putting Arm9loaderhax.bin in BOTH the root & the Luma folder, and have the custom path set to /luma/.

Thats what I did and it ended up working perfectly fine in the end. Even have access to the GBA games that never seemed to work before.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse