ROM Hack Summon Night X ~Tears Crown~ - SL TP

Will you play this game if it gets fully translated say, 10 months from now?

• Yes

Votes: 179 88.6%
  • Maybe/I'd like to if I can

Votes: 22 10.9%
  • No/I'm a punk

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lcleong

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Been busy. Not with this. I'm alive. I think Blazer's alive.

Flight-Plan's names still strike me as vaguely nonsensical. Who names the king of a country "Novice"?

900/916.

If anyone mentions Hajimari no Ishi in the thread, I will flip tables.
Did the translation of the 3rd GBA game ever get finished and released? If not, there's no point in starting another project before one is finished.

gratz u just won yourself a tables

macaronron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
/flips a table at JayRo

The logic that there's no point in translating SNX because Hajimari no Ishi's patch hasn't been release is like saying there's no point in bringing over Conception II or Akiba's Trip 2 because Conception and Akiba's Trip weren't brought over.

I'm not sure about Akiba's Trip, but Conception and Conception II are only related in that their titles and gameplay elements. Conception involves two high schoolers getting transported to another world to save it while Conception II involves schools dedicated to training up kids to fight in labyrinths full of evil or something.

SNX and Hajimari no Ishi aren't even set in the same world: SNX is set in Runeheim while Hajimari no Ishi, like all the Swordcrafts, is set in Lyndbaum. There are no characters in common. The summoning systems are completely different between the two games. They aren't even the same genre. What JayRo is saying is the equivalent of: "There was no point in Atlus bringing in the Swordcrafts because they didn't bring over the main series." (Though, again, I state my personal opinion that main series is superior in every way.)

The logic is so bad that it's shocking.

/flips another table at JayRo

ziyadichi

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I am one of your fans now.

Keep up the great work! And thank you so much in advance.
We are such a spoon feed, how I wish I could send you food.

Or flowers....or perhaps you can eat the flowers. I kid.

Cheers from Peru/Japan

:bow:

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
Flip all the tables you want at me, it's still painful to see Summon Night 3's translation stuck at 90%-95% without a release.

Irrelevant to this thread.
Which is *hint*, about Summon Night X Tears Crown.

I read your posts something to the effects of:

Fan-translating game A? Blasphemy!

Translators of game A, I bring out to your attention in your thread about game A that the unrelated game B I personally like is untranslated and YOU should feel bad about it.
You expressed your wish to keep this thread about game A. I hereby express my utter disregard and disdain for that wish, twice.
Releasing your (atm 95% done) game A translation is MEANINGLESS.
There's no point in even beginning translating game A while disregarding the existence of game B I happen to like and thus think of as the absolute and mandatory project for everyone who's into the series.

Unless you handle the whole translation project for game B, including the dirty and heavy needed hacking part (which is not trivial by any means in the specific case of SN:HnI), you have no right to release a translation for game A (which is progressing smoothly thanks to no major technical hurdles in the case of SNX), or even think about working on it.

Please stop. There's a dedicated discussion thread for Hajimari no Ishi elsewhere.
And NO, fan-translators and hobbyists don't have any contractual obligations to translate said game, or translate all games in said series in said order. Each one does what he likes and enjoys. Such posts don't make it a very enjoyable experience, to put it mildly.

I'm starting to really believe Summon Night X has some sort of a powerful curse behind it.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Irrelevant to this thread.
Which is *hint*, about Summon Night X Tears Crown.

I read your posts something to the effects of:

Please stop. There's a dedicated discussion thread for Hajimari no Ishi elsewhere.
And NO, fan-translators and hobbyists don't have any contractual obligations to translate said game, or translate all games in said series in said order. Each one does what he likes and enjoys. Such posts don't make it a very enjoyable experience, to put it mildly.

I'm starting to really believe Summon Night X has some sort of a powerful curse behind it.

Wow, get over yourself. I have opinions, and I WILL post them. #DealWithIt

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
Wow, get over yourself. I have opinions, and I WILL post them. #DealWithIt

Stop being a little child...It's people like you that translation don't get finished. If you want it done so bad then learn and do it yourself. Keep acting an ass and someone is gonna be waiting for you to fuck up and get reported. Also please remember no one has to give a rat ass about your opinion if you're acting an ass.

macaronron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would be more tolerant of JayRo if his information was actually accurate.

The translation of Hajimari no Ishi has been done for months. Every single piece of text that was dumped has been translated into English. This, of course, does not include images, because those were not dumped, but you can't blame any translators for that. The patch hasn't happened because of difficulties on the hacking end.

The translation is complete. The translation is complete. The translation is complete.

If JayRo wants to complain about the hacking progress and wants to hassle hackers working on other projects, well, he's technically free to do it, even though it makes him an ass. But complaining about the translation progress and bothering me about it? That is legitimately incorrect.

Reactions: Pablitox and GHANMI

Pablitox

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
wow, tables were flipped indeed.

I would be more tolerant of JayRo if his information was actually accurate.

The translation of Hajimari no Ishi has been done for months. Every single piece of text that was dumped has been translated into English. This, of course, does not include images, because those were not dumped, but you can't blame any translators for that. The patch hasn't happened because of difficulties on the hacking end.

The translation is complete. The translation is complete. The translation is complete.

If JayRo wants to complain about the hacking progress and wants to hassle hackers working on other projects, well, he's technically free to do it, even though it makes him an ass. But complaining about the translation progress and bothering me about it? That is legitimately incorrect.

As macaronron clearly says, the TRANSLATION IS OVER, you can play the game with the script as it is, it's very accurate so you won't be missing a thing (though someone said it needs polishing, it's good as it is) but it will be a hassle reading the txts and the game in separate.

Don't worry though, something is being done in that front at another site, and there is someone else who wanted to translate the first game in spanish, so i don't think this won't be left uncompleted, but it will take it's sweet time unless there's more help

on topic: This work is awesome! good luck with it! :3

Reactions: GHANMI

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
As macaronron clearly says, the TRANSLATION IS OVER, you can play the game with the script as it is, it's very accurate so you won't be missing a thing (though someone said it needs polishing, it's good as it is) but it will be a hassle reading the txts and the game in separate.

Don't worry though, something is being done in that front at another site, and there is someone else who wanted to translate the first game in spanish, so i don't think this won't be left uncompleted, but it will take it's sweet time unless there's more help

I saw that (it was the one translating the first GBA title to Spanish, wasn't it?). The guys in that spanish forum are a cool bunch and I'm optimistic about the progress (in fact, I'm following that project for a long while and I'm rooting for it... wanted to reply to that thread but my spanish is so rusty I can read but not write as well... a wonderful language by the way, that I studied years ago)
I think I gave some of my insight about that project... it faces the same hurdles as the Mother 3 project (ROM can't be expanded any further, text needs to be in 1-byte chars and display as variable width letters, naming screen arrangement)
But the Spanish, Italian and French scene are passionate. There's already a spanish Tales of Graces Wii translation, and currently efforts to translate Policenauts Saturn in both Spanish and later English. (*shameless self-plug* ) Our own Ni no Kuni DS English project owes a lot to the Spanish team and pleonex, who lent us their tools and ASM fixes.
Chances are that when the heavy hacking for the Spanish version is complete (since Spanish takes more space than English), inserting the English script would be trivial. I don't see any reason to worry that much.
/irrelevant off-topic

Oh well.

If anyone doesn't mind, I have been meaning to ask one question for so long about this project.
I remember Crimson Nocturnal closing up all their projects including this one specifically because people kept flooding them with whiny self-entitled requests about dropping whatever they have and do other games they like (*ahem* -_- ), disageeing with translation choices, "I WONT it NAOW", or "you suck" mails/PMs/forum posts to the point it became a toxic experience for them.

(You'd think such a mindset would have died off by now...
I had a chat with someone last week trying to convince me that loving whatever game you're translating "isn't necessary", translators (me, in that particular case) "must be herded to work on a game they hate for months because it's their obligation to make the scene active" (said games including FPS and MMOs set to close up servers in less than a year) and that "you can fund your efforts with (insert shitty link shortening ad site ending with the ly domain) so stop complaining about the hours and effort and stupid stuff like this and translate the game I like"...
It hasn't died off.)

However they did share some of their ressourcers about Saga 3 which is now released in a basically finished state.
Did they ever do the same with this project and share their previous work (at least, text dumpers/insertors the early drafts or the bare-bone Japanese rom with the VWF hacks and the like)?

Reactions: Skelletonike

DarthNemesis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
However they did share some of their ressourcers about Saga 3 which is now released in a basically finished state.
Did they ever do the same with this project and share their previous work (at least, text dumpers/insertors the early drafts or the bare-bone Japanese rom with the VWF hacks and the like)?

Not sure about the script, but I released the dumper/inserter publicly on this forum. Glad to see that someone picked up the project!

Constraint

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Say, where is this script exactly? I can't find it and would have no problem switching back and forth. It's humbling enough to even have a script translation. If kindly, I would like to know the whereabouts of the translated script. Never mind, I found it.

http://swordcraftfuntimes.blogspot.com/p/navigation.html

Never mind, that apparently is not complete. Where is the finished one?

Pablitox

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Say, where is this script exactly? I can't find it and would have no problem switching back and forth. It's humbling enough to even have a script translation. If kindly, I would like to know the whereabouts of the translated script. Never mind, I found it.

http://swordcraftfuntimes.blogspot.com/p/navigation.html

Never mind, that apparently is not complete. Where is the finished one?

Oh! the finished script is here https://github.com/wangds/sncsm3/blob/master/resources/scriptTXT.7z

You will find it easier, if you do understand hexa, as that is how they are in order.

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
916/916. Story's complete.

As for if any of the script came from Crimson-Nocturnal, I have no clue. I do know that I did the parliamentary sections and story from scratch.
You might have gotten the places/character names and summon beast names/description from me if you didn't do them from scratch since I was working with Marusero to translate this after crimson nocturnal

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
916/916. Story's complete.

As for if any of the script came from Crimson-Nocturnal, I have no clue. I do know that I did the parliamentary sections and story from scratch.

This is excellent :D
So, I assume the sidequest/menu/graphical text is what's left now? (besides the text insertion, that is)

macaronron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly threw out most of the names as previously translated. I went with official names when possible now that'll probably change during editin because in classic Flight-Plan fashion some of these names are ridiculous.

When I signed on, Blazer asked me to handle the text-heavy stuff, side quests and the story, and I've done that.

And since no one actually talks about SNX in this thread, I just want everyone to know that if you aren't playing Twin Brave, you're missing out. The 'serious' story mode is generic enough to be boring, but the 'comic' side is great.

Reactions: Pablitox

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
Since you mentioned Twin Brave, I have been wanting to ask: are the Action-RPG PS2 ones any good?
Besides being incomplete and minimal, the HG101 series review just classify the series as chara games-quality (aka average to mediocre licensed games), and I sure don't really agree with that point of view.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"