Summon Night Swordcraft Story: Beginnings Stone

Discussion in 'GBA - Game Development, ROM Hacks and Translations' started by Pablitox, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Ryuzekia

Ryuzekia Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 30, 2017
    United States
    Made an account just for this, I had found out there was a 3rd game in the series about 4 years ago only to find out it was in Japanese, forgot about it then had the urge to play the series again recently. Found a link to here on a random YouTube comment and I'm glad to see there has been a translation in the works. Pretty excited and glad people remember and love these games. Tried what's available at the moment, can't wait for patch to be complete, keep up the great work.

Pablitox likes this.
  2. Mylon_The_Cat

Mylon_The_Cat Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 31, 2017
    United States
    Just a random commenter who made an account to comment. Been following for a while. So, question.

What's the importance of doing the credits? I don't tend to read the credits - and I don't know anyone that does. I'm really eager to play this game, and I'd rather it not take any unneeded (imo) time, y'know? Seems like a waste of time to me, the random commenter on the internet who has no idea how to do any of the stuff you're doing.

3. kirito1215

kirito1215 GBAtemp Regular

May 15, 2016
    Finally some news ^_^

What are the photos for help and support for?

And how can I help finally found my cousin who understands kanji?

4. Salixa

Salixa Member

Newcomer
    Jan 22, 2014
    United States
    Well, it's not making it go any slower either. The most important things right now are script insertion and translation/proofreading, but not everyone has the necessary skills or time. For quite a while now we've had only a single person able to do each of those roles. One of whom has been MIA for a very long time. Honestly the fact that people still have hope for this project amazes me. Anyway, point is everyone has their own way to contribute and that's fine. I certainly don't expect anyone to learn another language or start studying programming so they can help a group of strangers on the internet translate an obscure 12 year old game.

All the files are publicly available here: https://github.com/salixa/SNSC3-Translation
    So there's another hurdle here in that you'll have to learn how to use GitHub. The official tutorial (https://guides.github.com/activities/hello-world/) is a good way to start, and there are plenty of guides available.
    That will cover most of what you need to contribute. There are other tools I use, but that can wait for another time.

Last edited by Salixa, Nov 1, 2017
    Pablitox likes this.
  5. Tomy66

Tomy66 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2017
    Argentina
    I found of walktrough of this game that is subbed but idk is useful to you guys.Also i don't know if you prefer to translate it by yourself of using it as a guide.
    But i can't paste the link, i got an advertisement that says it's spam u.u

6. MaverickZero

MaverickZero Member

Newcomer
    Sep 20, 2017
    Germany
    Wow awesome!
    I cant wait for the next update, and cool idea with the banners too!
    One question, are teleport locations in the teleporter going to be translated?
    Because that would be kinda useful.

Last edited by MaverickZero, Nov 8, 2017
  7. Pablitox
    OP

Pablitox GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 18, 2011
    Argentina
    Hi everyone! I wanted to give a brief update on the project, as there are some news to give:

So far everything is going smoothly. @Salixa has made some improvements on the script of the game (which is always good). @Nevik_9191 , @GHANMI and I are translating the graphics. The only problem, though, is the script insertion. I decided to give @EarthDarkness time until 2nd January of 2018 to give us an update on the project. If he doesn't appear then I'll take it as a leave from the project (that means I'm going to have to look for another person to help us).

That's all the updates from my side. See ya soon!

Pablitox.

8. Nevik_9191

Nevik_9191 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2016
    Canada
    Hello everyone! I need your help!
    The translation team and I have a private discord for working on the game we would love it if someone here could make an image for the server icon.
    To remind us of the fantastic support you have been providing!
    BUT WAIT! I hear you say. Where can I show off my awesome art?!?

Well, I'm glad you asked. I'm happy to introduce The Summon Night Comunity Discord!
    Remember: Be kind and respectful GBA temp forum rules and discord rules still apply.
    Chat, make art, support us with encouragement, and best of all get more notifications about updates!
    Feel free to design a Server icon for the community as well. we'll use the best one you make.
    All submissions even if they are not used are seen and appreciated.
    Thanks for the support, we are working as quick as we can.
    @Pablitox will have to post the link as I cannot for some reason.

Dodain47 and Pablitox like this.
  9. Pablitox
    OP

Oct 18, 2011
    Argentina
    Last edited by Pablitox, Nov 10, 2017
    Nevik_9191 likes this.
  10. TheZu

TheZu Member

Newcomer
    Aug 20, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Necroing myself after an eternity of absence because I feel like I should apologize for bailing on short notice four years ago. Life n such, but that's a bad excuse.

The folks who stuck around to this day are unsung champions in my book.

Now, life n such means I won't rejoin the project, but the apology and words of encouragement were still in order.

WilliamSmith, Nevik_9191 and Pablitox like this.
  11. Pablitox
    OP

Oct 18, 2011
    Argentina
    old folks are coming back, now we need someone like Aent or Ritchburn and we'll probably get this done. xD

12. Mylon_The_Cat

Mylon_The_Cat Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 31, 2017
    United States
    Any idea when it -might- be done? (I know there probably won't be any actual estimates or exacts).

Sorry- I'm being impatient for a project I know I'll have to be patient for. But damn do I wanna play this game in English.

13. Dodain47

Dodain47 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 1, 2017
    Austria
    I would say roughly a year or so. It depends on @EarthDarkness staying m.i.a. or they find a replacement.
    @Pablitox Feel free to correct me.

Last edited by Dodain47, Nov 12, 2017
  14. Zooasaurus

Zooasaurus Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2017
    Indonesia
    Signed up just for this. So if it's finished will you post the whole translated rom somewhere? So it's not just the patch

15. Pablitox
    OP

Oct 18, 2011
    Argentina
    Can't share the rom (illegal and stuff). We'll just post the patch.

16. Zooasaurus

Zooasaurus Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2017
    Indonesia
    Ah heck, even on filehosting sites like mediafire or depositfiles?
    If so, where can i get the ROM?

17. Dodain47

Dodain47 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 1, 2017
    Austria
    Google Summon Night: Craft Sword Monogatari Hajimari no Ishi gba rom

18. RaijinEXE

RaijinEXE Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2015
    United States
    Honestly, you guys are heroes. Thank you for everything ;-;

Pablitox and Nevik_9191 like this.
  19. Pablitox
    OP

Oct 18, 2011
    Argentina
    Hey guys! Long time no see.

In an effort to clean up all that happened so far with this translation, I decided to update the main thread to reflect our current situation.

As you see, a good chunk of the game has been translated, but there are some positions we need to fill asap to ensure the game will get completed.

Any doubts/concern/people looking to help us is welcome to mail me at batoloco.080@gmail.com, either that or our discord: https://discord.gg/2FMCTs8

Many thanks!!!!!

(BTW @EarthDarkness pls come back!).

20. kirito1215

kirito1215 GBAtemp Regular

May 15, 2016
    Guys do you want to dub snsm3 in the near future. I'll volunteer to do the insertion. I saw a page teaching how hahaha