ROM Hack Summon Night Swordcraft Story: Beginnings Stone

Pablitox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hello, im new at this forum. I have some questions about this translate, also i started playing it today n.n.
Why after the battle where you use the stone of Murno all text is in japanese till you get home? And after fighting against your summon too? It is cause these texts are meaningless like villagers quotes?
And finally do you guys know if someone is doing a translation of this swordcraft's series into spanish? Thats all, and thanks for doing this.

Ah, I see a person from my fellow country! I'm happy you enjoyed what little was translated. Still, not all of it has been inserted. What you see after the translation is cavespeaking, remains that were not translated yet.

I know an user from another forum, Wastor, tried to translate the first game to spanish, but the project was abandoned. I can say it's quite the task, considering the game's text boxes have a very complicated behaviour (the first one, not so much as this one, but it's still hard).

Reactions: lemmychhhhhka

Tomy66

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Ah, I see a person from my fellow country! I'm happy you enjoyed what little was translated. Still, not all of it has been inserted. What you see after the translation is cavespeaking, remains that were not translated yet.

I know an user from another forum, Wastor, tried to translate the first game to spanish, but the project was abandoned. I can say it's quite the task, considering the game's text boxes have a very complicated behaviour (the first one, not so much as this one, but it's still hard).

I found a week ago about the project of Wastor, i tried to contact him via e-mail but i didn't got response. I was wondering to try to do it by my self, maybe i will, but first i need to know what programmes do i have to use and start practising. I hope it is easy to understand because im not that good with that kind of software hahaha. I mostly want to try it so my friend finally will be able to know what's the story in the series because he want to play it and understand it but he barely understands english xD.
Saludos desde Chascomús amigo! Keep it up with the great work!

Reactions: Pablitox

Tomy66

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Ah one more thing i forgot to say. I got an error when trying to use savepoints in the game.
Screenshot_2017-09-14-12-24-26.png

PS: No, i didn't even know that this game had cheats.

Last edited by Tomy66,

Salixa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I tried accessing the site today to spend my free time helping with the script, but when I opened the site, I got redirected to a page that says that as of May 1st 2017, it has been moved to new members area, now how can anyone help with the translation?

Old site is borked, all progress is now being tracked on Github. https://github.com/salixa/SNSC3-Translation

Hi guys. Although i'm fairly new to this forum, i'm very grateful for your work on the translation of summon night 3. I just wanna know if i can be of any help cause even though i'm inexperience in many things, i have a lot of free time so i can help a lot. Let me know if you guys need help with something.

Best way for the average person to help would be to play through using oil_'s Subtitler program, and point out anything that seems incorrect with the grammar, phrasing, spelling, etc. Don't have a link to it on hand, it's somewhere in the thread. You can dig through his posts to find it too. For the more technical minded, you can clone the Github repository and make changes to the script yourself while playing.

kirito1215

Trophies
XP
Country
I want to ask _oil said that v3 of the subtitler is compatible with custom names but when I played with custom names it just goes untranslated like before.

SnakeFangz

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi, I just made this account today after finding out about this project and having tried a little bit of the patch. I recently finished SS 1&2 and I loved everything about them, I can easily see that the third installment is (probably) better than the first two, and that I am missing out on this amazing game. But having said all this, I sadly find the English so far... not so... great. I see all the people wanting to help with this project (I'm talking about the translating part) and it is truly amazing. The grammar and simple misspelling are just weird and unexpected. And so I decided to make an account to see if I can change/give any help. I am not a native speaker and my English is pretty low level, but I could see the problems in the patch. Again, I respect every single person helping and working on this project, bless all of you, I am not trying to shit-talk anyone. I also have the feeling that you use ( ' ) a lot, instead of whole words/sentences I keep reading they're you're I'll etc.

I have two questions:
Can I be of any help? (Translation)
Have you tried contacting anyone that worked on the Mother 3 fan translation? If not, please consider doing so.

I sadly don't speak Japanese.

If anyone has beginner tips for this site, I'll gladly take them.

Cheers

Last edited by SnakeFangz,

SnakeFangz

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi sorry to ask this, but I am kindoff confused by something in Swordcraft Story 2, when i first completed the game I put weapons in the chests in the fire fortress, I started a new game(using that file) and I got the the fire fortress but...the chests are all empty! I thought that you could take the weapons from your previous savefile?

MaverickZero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Im new here and i only made this account to follow this project, first i thougt it died years ago but right now i see that the last post was yersterday. So be warned i wont stop motivating you day after day until its finished:whip:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hi sorry to ask this, but I am kindoff confused by something in Swordcraft Story 2, when i first completed the game I put weapons in the chests in the fire fortress, I started a new game(using that file) and I got the the fire fortress but...the chests are all empty! I thought that you could take the weapons from your previous savefile?
Jup, you can and i did over 5 times, but it happened once that i forgot to save, after putting em into the chests. Also make sure to start the new game + through your finished save file.

SnakeFangz

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Jup, you can and i did over 5 times, but it happened once that i forgot to save, after putting em into the chests. Also make sure to start the new game + through your finished save file.[/QUOTE]

But why are my chests empty then?

Last edited by SnakeFangz,

MaverickZero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Jup, you can and i did over 5 times, but it happened once that i forgot to save, after putting em into the chests. Also make sure to start the new game + through your finished save file.

But why are my chests empty then?[/QUOTE]
If it wasnt because of the things i mentioned earlier, i cant help you as well sorry...:unsure:

MaverickZero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ok since im not allowed to post them i'll just tell about this, first all of you must think i'm stupid to try it even out but it worked!
Both the character and enemy modifier codes from summon night scs2 are working on summon night scs3.
Jup the american codes from 2 are working on the japanese version of 3, trust me and try it out.
You've got to find then by yourself because of the rules you know...
Have fun!

MaverickZero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
actually i have a document for this game's codebreaker code in a pdf file. i can post them here if you want
I'ts pretty nice of you, of course you can do it but i don't know if it's neccessery.
I just wanted to mention it 'cause i don't wanted to be so selfish and keep it for me

heatisland

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
here it is guys

Attachments

• dlscrib.com_2273-summon-night-craft-sword-monogatari-hajimari-no-ishi-j.pdf
    20.2 KB · Views: 225

SeanTYT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys! I'm new here... but I'm not new in hacking roms and such. Actually, my team is in a middle of translating the game called Black Matrix Zero (BMO). But since my friends talk about this game and about some people named Ritchburn, Oil, Pablitox and others were in progress on translating this game. So I've been thinking... maybe I can lend a help? But, sometimes maybe I can't help because like I said, I'm also in a middle of translating a game. But I will try my best to help you guys!

Reactions: mikeprado30

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hello, im new at this forum. I have some questions about this translate, also i started playing it today n.n.
Why after the battle where you use the stone of Murno all text is in japanese till you get home? And after fighting against your summon too? It is cause these texts are meaningless like villagers quotes?
And finally do you guys know if someone is doing a translation of this swordcraft's series into spanish? Thats all, and thanks for doing this.
translation is still in progress. what you downloaded is a demo of sorts

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s