ROM Hack Summon Night Swordcraft Story: Beginnings Stone

Pablitox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
BTW Whats the differenc of crystaltile 1 & 2
For instance, Crystal Tile 1 does not exist, just Crystal Tile 2.

Anyway, about the text previewer one problem i didn't take into account was the character combinations used to save space. I'd need to go around to get each one of them to make the application show exactly how the text would be shown during the game. @EarthDarkness gave me a tool to check which combinations are being used so i'm gonna write them down.

I'm also thinking of adding a "VWF" option (as in, show how the text would be if the VWF were implemented). The font i'm going to base it off is the one that's already in the game ( will make a width table first though).

Other than that, there hasn't been any important updates regarding the script inserter.

lingling124

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been lurking this thread for about a year now and i just made this account to say great job with the work you are all doing to make this translation. after playing the 2nd game I've always wanted to see this one get translated and it makes me feel good that im not the only one who wants this game to get translated, much less even know about the series.

Pablitox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi everyone,

Sorry the delay, I have been pretty busy lately, and judging how things are, @EarthDarkness too. Also @Salixa is proofreading and I am slowly making the text previewer. I don't really know when will the next update will be, so the project will be on hold for now.

I apologise for the slowness of the project, but there is not really much we can do to speed it up.

Reactions: gamecaptor

Jhago

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi everyone,

Sorry the delay, I have been pretty busy lately, and judging how things are, @EarthDarkness too. Also @Salixa is proofreading and I am slowly making the text previewer. I don't really know when will the next update will be, so the project will be on hold for now.

I apologise for the slowness of the project, but there is not really much we can do to speed it up.

Oh, please Pablitox, I've been waiting for this ever since the first translation efforts have been reported around here. If anything, I only hate you a liiiitle bit because I had already given up ever playing this game in English (and I certainly would never be able to in Japanese), and you have been constantly teasing with progress (well, not exactly all the time, but still...). Just take your time, and thanks for all your work.

kirito1215

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone,

I understand I am also too busy these days

KiriKoshiba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want to cool everyone down who's waiting!! I'm waiting too but I don't use the forums much XD
Therefore, ahem, does anybody know about how sometimes in rom game patches or so, there isn a translator intro?
Apparently some people were annoyed by them, but I actually liked it~ The monkey one on Four Swords and Return to Dreamland, and the Mugs intro on Pokemon RS&E!
Does anybody else enjoy them as much as I do hehe?

AnnieTheGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I just want to cool everyone down who's waiting!! I'm waiting too but I don't use the forums much XD
Therefore, ahem, does anybody know about how sometimes in rom game patches or so, there isn a translator intro?
Apparently some people were annoyed by them, but I actually liked it~ The monkey one on Four Swords and Return to Dreamland, and the Mugs intro on Pokemon RS&E!
I see your point. Love both game series and that two games especially

emmauss

Trophies
XP
Country
Ghana
that was one hell of a banana.

Pablitox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi everyone! I bring exciting (and very surprising) news. I received a message yesterday (from the outdated page) from the user that helped me with the assembly stuff, Aent. He sent me a patch that makes the game use single byte characters, in his words:

My main goal since my last post was getting the single byte character loading working. I'm happy to report it's working quite well. Almost too well. I'll show you what I mean:

These ones were manually edited in. The original dialogue read "みぃ~". I wanted to extend it quite a bit and use line breaks. I can also add in the player's name via 0xFE. It's not shown here as my name is the default; doubled in length, lol.
jsk5yu.jpg

28jcdgi.jpg
These ones weren't edited at all, so this is the single byte reading where they were previously 2 bytes per character. You'll notice the one line runs over when talking to the guy outside the cave. This is because his first message is quite long in japanese and doubled in size in english. This actually caused the game to freeze.
2lw2k8z.jpg

2mdngjm.jpg
For example, 0x8260 used to give us the character 'A'. Now, just 0x60 produces the same character so we save a fair amount of space for adding in the translation. Another thing to notice is the gaps between letters. This will have to be repaired with a variable width font when the time comes. I made a patcher which allows me to patch the single byte automatically.

I like to think of it as a step closer to the VWF. Meanwhile the text is being inserted as we speak.

Last edited by Pablitox,

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Oh, just can't wait. Waiting for this patch as hard as I wait for Persona 5

I hope GBAtemp main page editors finds that newsworthy

Last edited by Reploid,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1