ROM Hack Summon Night Craft Sword Monogatari

DemonAngelSapureth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I'm currently working to get into ITT, while there I'm going to learn programming, when done I'm gonna make it my life's work to translate this game, as well as many other on the gba (like Slime Mori Mori Dragon Quest aka Dragon Quest Heroes 1). Too many great games were never translated. The problem with waiting for Summon Night X Tears Crown rom to be translated (like some have suggested) is that NDS emulators are virtually incapable of playing roms at full speed, so you can't fully enjoy the game. That's why I'm 100% dedicated to making sure that this game is translated, I've been waiting 7 yrs for this game (since I beat #2) and I will not accept anyone abandoning this project. I've got a talent for hacking, if you abandon this, I will find you and slap some sense into ya. (Heads up, I'm from the south so I mean it)
You are my new hero, dude :D

Reactions: TeguhImanWijayaS

XswordcraftX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
I'm currently working to get into ITT, while there I'm going to learn programming, when done I'm gonna make it my life's work to translate this game, as well as many other on the gba (like Slime Mori Mori Dragon Quest aka Dragon Quest Heroes 1). Too many great games were never translated. The problem with waiting for Summon Night X Tears Crown rom to be translated (like some have suggested) is that NDS emulators are virtually incapable of playing roms at full speed, so you can't fully enjoy the game. That's why I'm 100% dedicated to making sure that this game is translated, I've been waiting 7 yrs for this game (since I beat #2) and I will not accept anyone abandoning this project. I've got a talent for hacking, if you abandon this, I will find you and slap some sense into ya. (Heads up, I'm from the south so I mean it)

Great ambition you have there! The only problem is that you find that programming software you learn in school isn't gaming related and even more so related to GBA games. Even for me who did programming modules before find all these makes not much sense. You could give them a hand if you could, but I found myself totally useless to help them.

Reactions: Pablitox

Pablitox

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Great ambition you have there! The only problem is that you find that programming software you learn in school isn't gaming related and even more so related to GBA games. Even for me who did programming modules before find all these makes not much sense. You could give them a hand if you could, but I found myself totally useless to help them.

Yo xscx, how's it going?

He's right though, you better learn directly ASM hacking, here's a page to start with the basics: http://www.coranac.com/tonc/text/toc.htm there are others more though, that was just an example.

It's not like ITT won't help (assembly is a pretty damn important part of ASM hacking after all) but you will do better learning directly.

Reactions: XswordcraftX

Pablitox

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hope this site helps with the translation, not sure if it will, but most of the English translation is at this site. Just not in coding though. Although the problem with this site is that not the entire game has been translated to english.

http://swordcraftfuntimes.blogspot.com/search/label/Day 1

That won't be neessary (or well, it will as we need some proofreaders) but thanks :).

That being said, there are still some good news about the hacking front, and it's that Aent made some good progress. If they let me, I'll put a picture here.

Reactions: XswordcraftX

Rejna

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi guys,

I just wanted to tell you that I'm cheering up for your project. I really like this series and when I've found out that someone is trying to translate it, I was thrilled. I'd love to help, but I bumped into some obstacles. I looked into Ritchburn's code, I understand what it does (I don't know how, but whatever :)), but I still can't grasp how dialogue inserting is working. I tried to analyse this process step by step by reading hexes etc, but I couldn't find it consistent. Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to seeing this project done.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I could have sworn that there was a megathread about this elsewhere that had the translation completed, but they were proofreading and doing other things... What ever happened to that thread?

Pablitox

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
This project is taking way too long.

Pic related:

liKOZcm.jpg

Seriously though, it IS a quite long process, full of little things that makes it difficult. Even though the translation is ready (and it has been for ages) the game has been quite difficult to hack, as it included a long list of to-do, that were luckily solved (mostly) by our only awesome romhacker (Kudos to Aent for this). protip: posting a comment about it won't speed up the progress.

I could have sworn that there was a megathread about this elsewhere that had the translation completed, but they were proofreading and doing other things... What ever happened to that thread?

Yeah, the project has been moved to that page. There's proof that everything's working out, so it's a matter of time.

megafilipe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good luck guys. I really liked the first and second one, the people who finish the 3rd with a fan translation will be my heroes :P

Pablitox

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Well, now that I'm a bit free (finally!) I'll make a good progress post about what's been going on in this project since I left (and joined back....yeahI'm like that).

The project moved into the Golden Sun romhacking community, that's were we meet our currently romhacker Aent, which has been making a lot of steps in the translation. Remember that, even when the script was finished, the project lacked a very important part: the romhacking! There were no working tools to insert the script (and those that did work ahd very limited uses). This is were Aent comes in. They:

• Found the opcodes to start with the inserter.
  • Made a script dumper as to dump the script+ hex locations and other useful info. (it's available for public download at GS romhacking community).
  • Could make 1 byte read possible, that means script size is not a problem anymore.
  • locate and build tools around PSI3 segments, so the script does not cause bugs or freezes.
  • Is currently working on a script (in testing phase, as some things need to be done.
And here's proof of work (there's more to come too :yaynds:).

CBcZhFy.png
leuWgim.png

The way the words are showed are because the game was changed to 1 byte reading, so a vwf will help us show it a bit better.

Proofreading, another important part in the translation of this project, has been in the works too thaks to Leaf from the same community. It's a very important part of the translation because, as the script was translated by multiple users, there were some inconsistencies (mainly in place's names and such). I think that we shall look forward to a good proofreading once the script has been finally inserted in the game, as some parts are kinda stiff (mainly those related to previous concepts of the swordcraft story 1 and 2, also to provide correct context in which the line is being said). Kudos to them for the great help too! Saturos and the people of the GS community deserve a good mention too, they were very helpful. Also blackdog61 who was working a bit earlier and is our main advisor.

So that means this project is still going! And I will say it again, just in case you guys forget about it: trimming is NO LONGER necessary.

Credits and kudos to Aent and leaf for the great job!
:lol:

cheers!;)

Edit:

Could you give me a link of the latest version?

Sure, it's here https://github.com/wangds

EdenLegaia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Keep up the good work. If it's still alive and progressing, then it's way better than it've been some months ago. That enough is a good reason to wait a little longer.
Many thanks to you and those who're working on the game!

DarkZeroWarrior

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm in full support. Even made this jsut to say that. If there is any way i can help i will gladly help. if i for any reason can not, then full support to those of you working on this.

TeguhImanWijayaS

Trophies
XP
hallo.,.
guys,.,.,can you uplode the swordcraft 3 patched??I dont know how to use the sncsm3 and always failure,.,even I use ups patcher.,.,it always failure.,.,pleasee help me guys

Pablitox

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hey there, avoid double/triple posting, seriously. Also I can't post roms, it's again the rules. so you'll hav to do it on your own.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @NinStar, Who's whipping who?