ROM Hack Sumikko Gurashi - Here You Settle Down [FAN TRANSLATION]

RandomKid150

Translator
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anyone that could help me open and edit these files? I don't know how to open them. I'm sure they contain the item names and the panel names, which still need to be translated.

Attachments

• Sumikko Bins.zip
    6.8 KB · Views: 272
D

Deleted User

I will eventually. :D
Right now I'm working on the other things, Research Diary, Photo Studio, Memory Theater, etc.
Trust me, there are a lot of graphics to translate with this one.
Version 7 coming SOON™
Take your time. It's already really awsome that you're doing this. I wish that one day we will have every single game officially translated.

Reactions: RandomKid150

Gow supremo

I am playing my 2ds
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello. I'm currently working on a translation for Sumikko Gurashi - Here You Settle Down. It's kind of like a pet simulator kind of thing, but with cuter animals.View attachment 42002
I will update this thread when I translate more of it.

DOWNLOADS:
Version 7 Patch --> Here

WHAT YOU NEED
:
A CIA of the game. [Don't ask me where to get it. Just google it.]
The Patch
xdelta and xdeltaUI [You can get both these files from here.]
Hans [Should have came with the starter pack.]
Homebrew Launcher.cia [Download from here if you don't have it]

PATCHING:
1. Place your CIA and the Patch into the xdeltaUI folder.
2. Open xdeltaUI and press "Open" next to Patch and select the patch file.
3. Press "Open" next to Source File and select the CIA file.
4. Press the "..." next to Output File and call it 00152A00.romfs
5. Press Patch and let it do it's thing!
6. The resulting file should be 169,040 KB big or somewhere around there.
7. Go to your SD card and place the .ROMFS in to the Hans folder. If you don't have one, make a new folder on the root of your SD card and call it hans.
8. Boot into your Emunand and install the Game, [If you don't have it installed yet.] and also install the Homebrew Launcher.cia using your desired installer.
9. Go to the Homebrew Launcher through Emunand and open Hans. Select "Sumikko Gurashi" and press A.
10. When Hans is loaded, go down to where it says "Romfs -> SD" and change it to "Yes."
11. Go down to "OK" and press A.
12. If you did everything right, the game should load!

WHATS NEW:
Only Graphics of Memory Theater Translated*
Only Graphics of Research Diary Translated*
The entire Photo Studio is translated (Except System Text)*
More graphics translated
More titles translated

*There are .bin files that contains Text that NEEDS to be translated, like the shop item names, the panel names, Memory Theater names, etc. But the problem is, I don't know how to open these .bin files. I can't really translate the game 100% if I can't open these files. I linked these files on page 2 of this thread if you want to take a crack at them.

WHATS BEEN TRANSLATED
:
Loading Screen Logo is translated
Mood Gauge is translated
"Next", "Close", etc. Buttons are translated.
"Outside", "Presents", "Shop". etc. Icons are translated.
"Skip" icon is translated
Bottom Screen during cut scenes is translated
Mini-game results are translated
Amount of money icon translated
Some more graphics here and there
Translated more of the buttons.
Some labels are translated.
The company text when you boot the game is translated
"Fun" menu is translated.
Most of the Text in the game is Readable!
The whole Main Menu is now translated!
New game and Continue Game menu is translated.
Some graphics here and there are translated.
Diagnosis Test is translated.
All mini-game graphics translated. [Except certain buttons]
Some graphics translated here and there.
Most of the text.
Some of the buttons.
All "Outside" graphics have been translated.

PROGRESS
:
85% Completed

SCREENSHOTS:
http://imgur.com/a/DS7Kc

Special Thanks to @ObsidianB for helping me figure out the tools! :D

BTW, Sumikko Gurashi means "Creatures in the corner," but I like Sumikko Gurashi better.
I have a probelem: i have a rom .3ds an rom .cia patched v4 with trasnlation but the patch dont found on .cia patched. You will not have a xeopards for this game? but it does not work descryt9 on my 2ds. The error is in superior screen black and inferior sreen red two times and back a homebrew launcher.
You will not have a xeopards for this game or solution for me error? or alternative a descryt9?
Thanks

Last edited by Gow supremo,

RandomKid150

Translator
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a probelem: i have a rom .3ds an rom .cia patched v4 with trasnlation but the patch dont found on .cia patched. You will not have a xeopards for this game? but it does not work descryt9 on my 2ds. The error is in superior screen black and inferior sreen red two times and back a homebrew launcher.
You will not have a xeopards for this game or solution for me error? or alternative a descryt9?
Thanks
No... I don't have the xeopards for the game. Can't you just follow the tutorial in the Main Post? Or go on "that ISO site" and download a CIA there?

ImCarlosGG

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Nice! I'm downloading this when it's finished, keep that nice work! BTW, are you going to translate other games? People like you are needed here :).

Thanks
What did you say man? I didn't understand even half of your "question".

Gow supremo

I am playing my 2ds
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Nice! I'm downloading this when it's finished, keep that nice work! BTW, are you going to translate other games? People like you are needed here :).

Tengo la rom en .3ds pero mi consola no genere xorpad porque no funciona descript9, tambien tengo la cia parcheada v4 pero no la pueda parchear a la ultima version entonques queria saber si alguien tenia los xorpads del juego o una alternativa a descript9 para luma emu 11.0.0-33E

ImCarlosGG

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Tengo la rom en .3ds pero mi consola no genere xorpad porque no funciona descript9, tambien tengo la cia parcheada v4 pero no la pueda parchear a la ultima version entonques queria saber si alguien tenia los xorpads del juego o una alternativa a descript9 para luma emu 11.0.0-33E
Intenta instalar otra versión de Decrypt9. Por qué no puedes parchear el CIA a la última versión? A lo mejor puede ser un error del CFW, ni idea, porque soy un noob, intenta usar otro si eso. Si nada funciona espera a una respuesta mejor. E intenta no hablar en español en este foro.

(Sorry for that, I will translate it to english..)

Try to install another version of Decrypt9. Why can't you patch the CIA to the last version? Maybe it can be a CFW error, I dunno cause I'm noob, try other one if nothing works or just wait to a better answer. And please, don't speak Spanish here, it's an English forum.

Last edited by ImCarlosGG,

RandomKid150

Translator
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I don't know any other games to translate right now. I'm more focused on finishing this project before working on another one.

vsevolod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Wow thanks for this! I was just browsing for info on the game and stumbled on this thread, not even close to hoping for a translation! Keep up the good work!

Reactions: RandomKid150

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s