Hacking Sulotion to fix a brick? (160-0103)

Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
I wanna know how they gained access to the system menu when CBHC prevents it.

With no signs of a hard mod I wonder what tools they have. It'd be great to get our hands on that
Nintendo, being Nintendo, has access to Nintendo's private keys and whatnot. As far as we can tell, they used these keys to make a special boot1 image that passes the sigchecks (since it's signed by Nintendo) which they then flash onto an SD card. From there, some fancy tomfoolery with factory hardware and maybe the CMOS battery makes boot0 read that SD card (with process has been named "MCP Recovery") and then Nintendo's recovery environment runs.

Reactions: Pachee

TheTechGenius

</Web Dev>
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo, being Nintendo, has access to Nintendo's private keys and whatnot. As far as we can tell, they used these keys to make a special boot1 image that passes the sigchecks (since it's signed by Nintendo) which they then flash onto an SD card. From there, some fancy tomfoolery with factory hardware and maybe the CMOS battery makes boot0 read that SD card (with process has been named "MCP Recovery") and then Nintendo's recovery environment runs.
We need a custom recovery for the WiiU! That would be awesome. Lol

Pachee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i got it back from nintendo, they didnt opened the system or at least i dont see any signs of it.
but because the homebrew channel which still was on the "home-menu" they wont repair or fix it, simply cuz it contains illegal software which isnt developed or tested by nintendo.

so my wiiu adventures end here..

Topic may be closed!
Thank you for reporting it back.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
In that case, wouldn't they just access a special recovery home menu, not the original one?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1