Smartpal

The Guitar Guy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Translating the J rom worked perfectly, thanks for all the hard work guys!
bow.gif

Tokkobot

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Translation is working nicely and font fix is great too, but I got a question about action replay codes. I know the game ID changes when you edit the game (currently I have "YG4J-93091946" with translation and font fix) so I changed that and tested the japanese infinite health code. At first it seems to work but in reality the health still drains, it just doesn't display it. Characters faint with full health!
So has anyone found a way to translate JP versions codes to the undubbed one?

Katsuhiko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I found out why Suikoden is not working on Acekard 2.

The fault is gd_debugfont_jp.nftr.

I ran some tests using the undub for japanese version.

I compared what files are different and had some multiple hits.

After a few test files i created i found the font file that keeps the Acekard from booting.
When i replaced it with the japanese one, my EUR undub bootet but hangs after language selection.

I will run some further tests because if i take the japanese translation the gui and some parts are not translated.
(Arm9 file got the Gui and name parts for naming the character)

-

I believe its the best to use the usa version for Acekard user, or someone skilled can fix the gd_debugfont_jp.nftr problem.

The Savegames are not compatible between jpn / usa / eur version.

wollmonster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Like some other people I've got the problem that it freezes after the language selection, there's only a black screen.
wacko.gif
I've downloaded the undubbed version (but the file itself shouldn't be the problem, I already tried two different downloads which should work according to other people). I'm not sure if it's because I have a macbook, but I can't even follow the instructions in the first post... the different sound files etc. don't appear, so I have no choice but to download it directly. Once I unzip it it's only the .nds game itself in a folder. I don't think the card's the problem either, since it's DS One and not Acekard. Does anyone know what the problem could be? I'm pretty new to everything, usually the games work perfectly. I've got FF4 undub running without a problem... it'd be a real pity if Tierkreis didn't work, because the english dub annoys me a looot.
hate2.gif

So thanks in advance, I hope somebody can help
moogle.gif

blarutoballz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wollmonster said:
Like some other people I've got the problem that it freezes after the language selection, there's only a black screen.
wacko.gif
I've downloaded the undubbed version (but the file itself shouldn't be the problem, I already tried two different downloads which should work according to other people). I'm not sure if it's because I have a macbook, but I can't even follow the instructions in the first post... the different sound files etc. don't appear, so I have no choice but to download it directly. Once I unzip it it's only the .nds game itself in a folder. I don't think the card's the problem either, since it's DS One and not Acekard. Does anyone know what the problem could be? I'm pretty new to everything, usually the games work perfectly. I've got FF4 undub running without a problem... it'd be a real pity if Tierkreis didn't work, because the english dub annoys me a looot.
hate2.gif

moogle.gif

okay all you have to do is get both roms.JP and US versions. not the Eur. Extract both of the games. Next you use Dsbuff or DsLazy to unpack both of the games/roms.after you have done that go to your JP unpacked folder and go into the data folder.next go into the rom folder. then open up your US folder to the same spot. then go back to your JP one drag the ds_data_vow.sdat sound_data.sdat and the movie folder into the US one.It will prompt you if you wanna copy over it. click yes.after you have done that close both folders or whatever and just pack up the US folder. There you go thats what i did and everything was in JP.well not everything. only the talking and the movie parts.

blarutoballz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
arapozo said:
cry.gif
I'm another acekard user with the same problem.
Could you post a little more detailed instructions? Thanks.

yeah me too i use an acekard 2. okay all you have to do is get both roms.JP and US versions. not the Eur. Extract both of the games. Next you use Dsbuff or DsLazy to unpack both of the games/roms.after you have done that go to your JP unpacked folder and go into the data folder.next go into the rom folder. then open up your US folder to the same spot. then go back to your JP one drag the ds_data_vow.sdat sound_data.sdat and the movie folder into the US one.It will prompt you if you wanna copy over it. click yes.after you have done that close both folders or whatever and just pack up the US folder. There you go thats what i did and everything was in JP.well not everything. only the talking and the movie parts.

blarutoballz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
arapozo said:
Do the movies have English subtitles after that?
Also, what about the out of sync mentioned on the first post?

trust me..everything is in english except the voices.thats the only thing thats gonna be translated.its also in sync or nsync.just try it out and see what happens. i didnt get far in the game i got to the fiirst battle and quit.

wollmonster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
blarutoballz said:
wollmonster said:
wacko.gif
hate2.gif

moogle.gif

okay all you have to do is get both roms.JP and US versions. not the Eur. Extract both of the games. Next you use Dsbuff or DsLazy to unpack both of the games/roms.after you have done that go to your JP unpacked folder and go into the data folder.next go into the rom folder. then open up your US folder to the same spot. then go back to your JP one drag the ds_data_vow.sdat sound_data.sdat and the movie folder into the US one.It will prompt you if you wanna copy over it. click yes.after you have done that close both folders or whatever and just pack up the US folder. There you go thats what i did and everything was in JP.well not everything. only the talking and the movie parts.

Thanks for the answer, but the problem is that I have Mac OS. DSBuff and DSLazy won't work here. =/ I'm getting desperate with this stupid problem, I tried updating the firmware, different downloads of the Undub version, with and without a savefile, etc. but all I get is a black screen. X__X
I don't know why the FF4 undub version worked and Tierkreis doesn't, those were both downloads and the Tierkreis one was tested by many users and it worked.

blarutoballz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wollmonster said:
blarutoballz said:
wollmonster said:
wacko.gif
hate2.gif

moogle.gif

Thanks for the answer, but the problem is that I have Mac OS. DSBuff and DSLazy won't work here. =/ I'm getting desperate with this stupid problem, I tried updating the firmware, different downloads of the Undub version, with and without a savefile, etc. but all I get is a black screen. X__X
I don't know why the FF4 undub http://fileuploadedout.filefront.com/1239745283-23fc7ea9126821f4013d1edceac47c4e//version worked and Tierkreis doesn't, those were both downloads and the Tierkreis one was tested by many users and it worked.

try the one that i did here

http://fileuploadedout.filefront.com/12397...d1edceac47c4e//

if this one doesnt work then i suggest you to go to a friends house and do it on their computer if the have xp or vista.

Kerian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
arapozo said:
Do the movies have English subtitles after that?
Also, what about the out of sync mentioned on the first post?
just follow the guides and youll be fine.

Zifnab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If i want to translate the JP base rom with english texts, does it HAVE to be with the EUR version of the game, or can i use the NA version instead?

At the moment i have the NA version, and i don't need to use the EUR version, it would save alot of hassle getting it. Would there be any difference if one rom was used instead of the other?

If i do the translation method, do i have to fix the sync problem with Tsol's method?
And which font text is more preferred? Gukid or AshenPheonix

Anyways, i know it's a lot of questions and i really appreciate all the effort that has been put into this.
Thanks for everything.

blarutoballz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zifnab said:
If i want to translate the JP base rom with english texts, does it HAVE to be with the EUR version of the game, or can i use the NA version instead?

At the moment i have the NA version, and i don't need to use the EUR version, it would save alot of hassle getting it. Would there be any difference if one rom was used instead of the other?

If i do the translation method, do i have to fix the sync problem with Tsol's method?
And which font text is more preferred? Gukid or AshenPheonix

Anyways, i know it's a lot of questions and i really appreciate all the effort that has been put into this.
Thanks for everything.

the NA version works best and the eur doesnt becasue you can only do it to the movie parts. but the NA you can change all the voices and movie parts and stuff. but i dont know about the off sync part bacuase i havent gotten far in the game. but there shouldnt be any problems. the JP and NA are the same right just that they added the voice and stuff unlike the EUR which they added new stuff to it.

wollmonster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
blarutoballz: Thanks for the link, but are you sure it's the right one? I registered and logged in but when I click on it it only says "Your file has been uploaded!
Want to share your files with your friends?
Link them to: http://files.filefront.com/"
What's the file named or what's your nick? Maybe I can find it if the link doesn't work =/

(I actually sent you a PM already, but I'm not sure if you wouldn't notice it faster this way... xD I sometimes miss out PMs...)

blarutoballz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wollmonster said:
blarutoballz: Thanks for the link, but are you sure it's the right one? I registered and logged in but when I click on it it only says "Your file has been uploaded!
Want to share your files with your friends?
Link them to: http://files.filefront.com/"
What's the file named or what's your nick? Maybe I can find it if the link doesn't work =/

(I actually sent you a PM already, but I'm not sure if you wouldn't notice it faster this way... xD I sometimes miss out PMs...)

i have the best solution. first step is put dsbuff or lazy in a flahdrive and put both the US and JP roms in the flashdrive also then go to a friends house and do it there. i find it the easiet way to solve the problem.

P.S. it takes me like 3 hours to upload something like 200MB like the other time for the file that didnt work.

Van_Tastic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
Hi !

Since we have the choice between undubing the EUR version and translating the JAP one, which one is the best ?
And how do we unpack ROMs ?

Thanks in advance
wink.gif

P.S : Sorry if the questions have been posted before, I don't have the courage to read all the 22 pages ^^

The_JetSetBeat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Van_Tastic said:
Hi !

Since we have the choice between undubing the EUR version and translating the JAP one, which one is the best ?
And how do we unpack ROMs ?

Thanks in advance
wink.gif

P.S : Sorry if the questions have been posted before, I don't have the courage to read all the 22 pages ^^

I'm typically not a big fan of the whole elitist approach that many find on messageboards of this nature, but seriously.....a little bit of "footwork" on your part isn't going to kill you. When you're dealing with things like ROM's, hacking, etc., you can't always expect someone to spoon feed you just because YOU don't feel like even trying to find the answers on your own.
rolleyes.gif

Van_Tastic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
Okay I've found how to unpack roms, but I still don't understand the difference between undubing the EUR version and translating the jap version, can you please respond at least to that question ?
smile.gif

lachinay

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
it's completely different - the opposite, actually. In one case you are swapping sound files, in the other you leave the audio alone and substitute texts.

Usually undubbers go the first way (very simple, sometimes trivial on DS); in this case there was another problem, namely, the EUR (and US I think) versions not having battle sounds, which made the second more attractive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.