Homebrew Sudokuhax help

drogulus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I found my old DSi, and much to my surprise it had Sudoku on it and was running firmware version 1.4U. I exported Sudoku to an SD card, applied the patch from hackmii, but when I try to copy the patched file back to system memory I get a message "This software cannot be copied."

Any idea what could be causing this? I have repeatedly checked my firmware version in the settings screen and confirmed that I'm running 1.4U, which should be low enough for sudokuhax to work. From what I can gather, it was the 1.4.2 update which prevented copying sudokuhax to internal memory... So everything should work on 1.4U.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
So I found my old DSi, and much to my surprise it had Sudoku on it and was running firmware version 1.4U. I exported Sudoku to an SD card, applied the patch from hackmii, but when I try to copy the patched file back to system memory I get a message "This software cannot be copied."

Any idea what could be causing this? I have repeatedly checked my firmware version in the settings screen and confirmed that I'm running 1.4U, which should be low enough for sudokuhax to work. From what I can gather, it was the 1.4.2 update which prevented copying sudokuhax to internal memory... So everything should work on 1.4U.
I don't know, but look at yellow8's wording here:
"Likewise for obtaining the updated Sudokuhax, you must be on 1.4.1 and have the original Sudoku version."

That wording seems to mean you need exactly 1.4.1 to work. I could be wrong.

drogulus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know, but look at yellow8's wording here:
"Likewise for obtaining the updated Sudokuhax, you must be on 1.4.1 and have the original Sudoku version."

That wording seems to mean you need exactly 1.4.1 to work. I could be wrong.

Yeah, I noticed that. I was considering updating my DSi to 1.4.1 just in case that was the issue, but I wasn't sure if the DSi updates incrementally or applies all new updates at once. In other words: if I were to initiate an update from version 1.4U, would it take me to 1.4.1 or to the most current version?

Regardless, yellow8 responded quite quickly to my email about this, so I suppose I'll get my answer soon. Still, any advice would be helpful.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah, I noticed that. I was considering updating my DSi to 1.4.1 just in case that was the issue, but I wasn't sure if the DSi updates incrementally or applies all new updates at once. In other words: if I were to initiate an update from version 1.4U, would it take me to 1.4.1 or to the most current version?

Regardless, yellow8 responded quite quickly to my email about this, so I suppose I'll get my answer soon. Still, any advice would be helpful.
Don't update your DSi through the system settings. It will update to 1.4.5.

drogulus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't update your DSi through the system settings. It will update to 1.4.5.

Alright, thanks for clarifying that.

Yellow asked for my original and modified .bin files, so maybe he will find something to help, but I suspect that sudokuhax v1.1 might be incompatible with DSi v1.4 for some reason. There should be a way to get it to work though, since I'm 2 updates behind 1.4.2 which is when Nintendo explicitly prevented copying dsiwarehax to system memory.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yellow asked for my original and modified .bin files, so maybe he will find something to help, but I suspect that sudokuhax v1.1 might be incompatible with DSi v1.4 for some reason. There should be a way to get it to work though, since I'm 2 updates behind 1.4.2 which is when Nintendo explicitly prevented copying dsiwarehax to system memory.
Probably it's just a problem with different adresses that trigger the exploit/ other things. But I don't know very much about the technical part of hacking.

drogulus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE: Apparently there was an issue on the server-side of the injection tool. Yellow8 fixed the issue, and I'll confirm it works once I get home from work.

ipwndeveloper

Trophies
Website
gb4iphone.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
To help you get started here is a list of stuff that works quite well:
Emulators:
DSx86: 268 PC emulator, works quite well. Windows 1-3.0a, Wolf3D and most other old DOS games. similar to DOSBOX PC
GameYob: GB/GBC Emulator, Near Perfect and ARGV exit to menu support back to hbmenu, without powercycle
LOLSNES: WIP SNES emulator, works in DSi Mode as of latest revision
NESDS: Fantastic NES emulator for DSi, 100% speed most cases and compatibility
Grape: Apple ][ Emulator, source code only, needs to be compiled
Games:
DSCraft: Minecraft port to the DS
DSDOOM- Port of DOOM to the DS
DualHexen-90's port of a good game.

Program Loaders:
HB Menu: Official loader by the drunkencoders and wintermute
DSi Homebrew Channel: Good gui, themed for DSi. based on HBMenu source. only works with 2gb cards or less. ):

Other:
FEOS: Unix-like operating system for ds, many programs. Command line based (think dslinux), music via maxmod and nitrotracker, file manager, image viewer, lua, sql, etc.

Most things compiled with DevkitARM r40+ work. If it supports ARGV it should work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: I have it in my hands