Hacking Successfully dumped WiiU EMMC nand with hardmod.

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to hear you couldn't get it working yet. It probably is the card reader that is giving you the trouble.

I just got the Transcend TS-RDP8K in the mail. I'm enjoying a nice long dump as we speak. Windows didn't nag me about formatting but I think that's normal for Win 10. Either that or it's my autoplay settings. Also it worked on the first go without complaining about any issue locking the volume. I'm using dotNet Disk Imager though. I heard it is more reliable than Win32 Disk Imager. It's dumping at 5.36 MB/s. After this I will try taking a dump in Linux and compare the MD5s.

362001-IMG_20170131_170043.jpg

362000-IMG_20170131_170053.jpg

Last edited by DocAmes1980,

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Great to hear you got it working :)

I never got the volume lock error on win10 either, only ever with win7. I'll give dotNet Disk Imager a try and see if there is any difference.
Dont forget if you connect up the other dat lines too the read rate will go up to 18MB/sec and write rate 10MB/sec.

On another note I've got my teensy all set up to try to dump the TSOP next. Only thing left to do is the tricky job of soldering connecting wires to the motherboard. I've been ill the last couple of days do I don't feel up to the soldering job yet, not looking forward to it at all. Wish I had a decent magnifying glass!!

Here's the teensy I've set up.
teensy setup1.jpg

I'll post my results when I've give it a try. Fingers crossed.

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great to hear you got it working :)

I never got the volume lock error on win10 either, only ever with win7. I'll give dotNet Disk Imager a try and see if there is any difference.
Dont forget if you connect up the other dat lines too the read rate will go up to 18MB/sec and write rate 10MB/sec.

On another note I've got my teensy all set up to try to dump the TSOP next. Only thing left to do is the tricky job of soldering connecting wires to the motherboard. I've been ill the last couple of days do I don't feel up to the soldering job yet, not looking forward to it at all. Wish I had a decent magnifying glass!!

Here's the teensy I've set up.
View attachment 76924

I'll post my results when I've give it a try. Fingers crossed.

Wow, that's a smart looking rig. It's very temping to go deeper but I think I'm going to leave well enough alone for now. Maybe I'll try the TSOP later. To be honest, soldering to those small ass test points was really pushing the limits of my soldering skills. Maybe I'll let you do all the heavy lifting then I'll decide when you post your results since I'll have a better idea what I'm getting into. :) Thanks for your help and for being the canary flying in to the mine tunnel.

Reactions: Kappcy and Madridi

Tommy084

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
LOVE THIS :)
Going to try this some day, have a bricked wiiu, teensy and a sd adapter from the hardmod 3ds days and backups from dimoks's nand extractor.

Last edited by Tommy084,

Tommy084

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm not sure that those baks are flashable....
He could even modify the backup without decrypting,etc... (I think it's a CBH brick)
smea did it.

Hmm maybe so, thought op said that the hashes matches.
But maybe i can dump and edit it and write it back....
The brick was by editing the cbhc files and build an .elf with no errors, installed with no errors, did not delete anything, next boot = black screen
Probly by confusing the cbhc boot progres :)

Last edited by Tommy084,

C0mm4nd_

Aspirant Wii U homebrew dev :P
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Italy
Hmm maybe so, thought op said that the hashes matches.
But maybe i can dump and edit it and write it back....
The brick was by editing the cbhc files and build an .elf with no errors, installed with no errors, did not delete anything, next boot = black screen
Probly by confusing the cbhc boot progres :)
Wait... can you press "HOME" on that black screen?

Reactions: Tommy084

Tommy084

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Wait... can you press "HOME" on that black screen?
Hehe no trust me nothing works!
Not even the hidden HBL shortcut inside cbhc, by holding a combo to force it....

FTPiiU doesn't work? Maybe it might work.

It freeze when it should show the menu, the pad also lost. Turning it of and on gives me a message that i have to be closer to the wiiu :)

Last edited by Tommy084,

Tommy084

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
And you have an OTP dump right?
Yes, but dont know how to decrypt with it... Do you?
Anyways going to write the rednand dump back to nand, just to see what is going to happening :P
I have a other unit, so i dont mind if it get worst.

D

Deleted User

Anyways going to write the rednand dump back to nand, just to see what is going to happening :P
redNAND might work but it still would get redirected to SDCard, right?

C0mm4nd_

Aspirant Wii U homebrew dev :P
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Italy
Read the OTP page on wiiubrew for getting the key pos and with OpenSSL you could try to decrypt the NAND bak with the key from OTP

Reactions: Tommy084

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1