Hardware Succesfull wireless charge mod on N3Ds XL =)

Dennis G

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The charging mod itself is surprisingly simple, there's only two solder points on the board, and they're both on the charger jack, which is easily accessible as soon as the rear cover is removed (not the battery cover, the board cover). Any cell phone repair shop in your area could install this for you, as it doesn't require any special knowledge of the 3DS at all, just decent soldering skill.
that's for a 2ds though, the 3ds does not have much space, you have to remove some stuff from the plastic and sand stuff down to make space for the coil.

ksanislo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's for a 2ds though, the 3ds does not have much space, you have to remove some stuff from the plastic and sand stuff down to make space for the coil.
I didn't need to with mine... I shaved .5mm off the long sides of the receiver coil (just plastic at the edges, didn't touch the wire coil) and then folded the Qi receiver's microcontroller and supporting circuitry back over to rest above the coil itself, and a bit of trimming on the ground plane of the Qi receiver to clear the ribbon cable for the left bumper buttons and a bit of kapton tape to keep things electrically isolated, and it all fit in nicely to the same place you put yours, without any mods to the case itself.

Jack Daniels

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @realtimesave, hi