Hacking Stupid question about moving save file from 2 Micro SD cards

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just keep in mind that if the old SD card has your emuNAND and it's been updated to a version that's NOT 8.0, you might wanna use the emuNAND Extractor Tool (I think that's what it's called) to extract your emuNAND partition from the old card and inject it into the new card so you can keep the emuNAND version when upgrading to the bigger card. If you don't care or if your emuNAND is either 4.x or 8.0, then just start from scratch and make a new emuNAND while copying over your saves manually.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Just keep in mind that if the old SD card has your emuNAND and it's been updated to a version that's NOT 8.0, you might wanna use the emuNAND Extractor Tool (I think that's what it's called) to extract your emuNAND partition from the old card and inject it into the new card so you can keep the emuNAND version when upgrading to the bigger card. If you don't care or if your emuNAND is either 4.x or 8.0, then just start from scratch and make a new emuNAND while copying over your saves manually.

hmm thanks for helping but the guy is talking about micro sd cards, not the normal 3ds sd card :) (so he won't even need to remove his sd card from the 3ds, since he is only moving his roms to a bigger micro sd card)

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Actually, some games saves on the roms itself.
Shouldn't matter if you're copying the roms over from one micro sd card to another but just a point of interest.

sure, but as you say, we didn't have to point out those games here :)

-and i think mt card saves on the micro sd, whilst gateway on the big sd.

either way, if you copy EVERYTHING from the first micro sd to the new one, you will be ok :)

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm thanks for helping but the guy is talking about micro sd cards, not the normal 3ds sd card :) (so he won't even need to remove his sd card from the 3ds, since he is only moving his roms to a bigger micro sd card)

I love it when people fail to specify which SD they're referring to.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol