OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update
=====

I manually extracted ctrnand and then figuring out nand structure. (https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/Flash_Filesystem)
So I extract partial fat16 binary (between 0x2CA00-0x2F410000 of ctrnand), and mounted with OSFmount.
And copy files to back it up, and extracting CTR-FAT16 header by using a hex editior before i format it.
After the format it to regular FAT16 system, copy original files back to it, and fix the header by the original one. That makes new nand-fat-system.
And I manually inject it to nand, and restore it. After the console reboot, menu shows up. So It's working, but after few tries to update, i knew that there was no difference.
Still same condition. 2.1.0 boot fine, after update not working.

So, concluded in one line -

NAND FILE CORRUPTION isn't the reason.

Update 2
======

I check the sysnand NATIVE_FIRM version for a just in case.
I was guessing if the NATIVE_FIRM version is conflicted or corrupted that cause like this.

I use the decrypt9 to NCCH FIRM Decrypter, and it extracted as NATIVE_FIRM v3553.
When I check via here (https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/FIRM), It a correct version.

So, NATIVE_FIRM version corruption isn't the reason.

Update 3
======

*** It didn't uninstall the a9lh, actually ****

FINALLY... I overwrite the original 2.1.0 nand without a9lh protection.
So I uninstalled A9lh for sake. Luckily, it is still on 2.1.0-4U and booted.
I try to install a9lh for once again, but it just show me a error when I try to install it.

Error: otp.bin doesn't exist and can't be dumped

WHAT THE??? Isn't this firmware(2.1.0) is can dump otp?
So stuck on 2.1.0 same, but no a9lh, and can't install a9lh...
Have anyone ever see weird console like this?????

Update 4
======

After few tries, I knew that a9lh didn't uninstalled.
Don't care about update 3 text.
The original nand backup that I made up, has a9lh setuped FIRM.
So It can't be unistalled it by restoring the nand file for now.:P
(Maybe that is the reason that I can't dump OTP for case 3.
And also it means.. I CAN'T UNINSTALL THE A9LH, by using a nand restore.)

Begin again...
=========

So I'm in first back now.
hey guys... Any suggestion?

Situation summary again.
----------------------------
- a9lh 2.1.0-4U 2DS without NAND backup. (Can use payload binary. decrypt9, godmode9 etc)
- Can't update to higher firmware whatever I takes, how many tries.
(Ctrtransfer, cartridge update, system update all of them cause a black screen or error).
- CTRNAND FAT16 defraggment -> it doesn't help
- Already test with other advanced CFW like CakesCFW, corbenik. --> Also it doesn't help
- Have read all or understand of caution, brick situation, basic troubleshooting, basic thing. (SD Card Change, Binary Location, System Configure, Extdata Confliction ETC)
(so don't ask it to me about them PLEASE. I can't say I'm an export but at least I'm not an ass-idiot!)

Some suspected situation
================
- CTRNAND corruption? (I'd found infinite loop folder inside ctrnand, I suspected this but even if I renew the FAT16 system again, situation is same. Noting changed)
- Manual system update always failed at 60-70%. (maybe NATIVE_FIRM protection cause this?)
- Some cartridge update shows me an error ver 6.x/8.x, other just black screen ver 4.x (It cause by NATIVE_FIRM protection?)
- I can't get a OTP for now (is this normal in a9lhed 2.1.0 nand?)
- Region Free / Signature patch doesn't work even if I use luma3DS (It doesn't support on 2.1.0? is this normal?)

Last edited by marine5422,
Reactions: Quantumcat

marine5422

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried injecting FBI, and installing a sysupdater cia, and trying to update that way?

As I already wrote article, it seems that signature patch doesn't working. So the H&S injection doesn't work either. (After the injection, app boot as black screen, after reboot app just disappeared). It's very similar with virgin console h&s injection symptom.
I really don't understand that why Region Free/Signature Patch isn't working even on Luma3DS. (Because of 2.1.0 sysnand?)

Last edited by marine5422,

marine5422

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, normally boot in 4.2.0-4U, and manual system update to 4.5.0-10U is just okay.
but still cartridge update to 6.2.0-10U is black screen error on boot. "Error blurblur~ visit site"
And somewhat weird, CTRNAND available space is really small (6~20mb),
That caused a sysupdater break during the update setup.

Situation is much better than the first. but still stuck in 2.x~4.x. I should figure out more.

CodyMitchel2

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried this months ago and thought I bricked my N3DS. Turns out it was only the CTRNAND mount error screen. I fixed it by restoring 9.2 and then updating back to 11.2 and I still had Luma3DS.

Last edited by CodyMitchel2,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: (cocks 12 gauge with virginity-maintaining intent) +1