Hacking Stuck on 2.1.0 after ctrtransfer-a9lh, Weirdo brick

Infidel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I'll try it now.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

(Well.. It seems that you really didn't carefully read...)
As I wrote in article, I already do 9.2 ctrtransfer, but It just show me a black screen.
So I did cartridge update for an alternation, but it doesn't work either anyway.

[To be a clarify the situation, I didn't do try follow the ORDER what i wrote.
It just some of my tries list. I randomly do everything what I wrote, so don't confuse that.]
When you did the 9.2 transfer and it blackscreened was arm9loaderhax.bin on the root of your sd card? Did you try to boot without a sd card?

Reactions: HyperT

justln

Trophies
XP
Country
Follow the region changing guide
https://3ds.guide/region-changing

Once you have a9lh it won't auto change region, you need to manaually fix the region yourself once the ctrtransfer is finished......not sure if this is your issue, but with a shot ^_^

I'm understand that what you mention, but why is not working either on 2.1.0-4U to 9.2.0-20U ctrtransfer too? Isn't it same region that not needed to change (for now)?
If I get latest firmware with a9lh, it's easy to region changing, install title manually and inject secure_info_A, And Done.
so it not a problem i would think, but what I feel curiosity is form 2.1.0-4U to 3.0U~11.3U firmware update (by manually, cartridge, internet) isn't working for now.
I'm feeling really awkward and weird about this.

Why don't you just follow his tip? AFAIK if you didn't use Godmode to change the region, it black screens until you do it.

You should have told us you are starting with a Korean console and region changing it, that could have saved a lot of headaches.

Last edited by justln,

marine5422

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you did the 9.2 transfer and it blackscreened was arm9loaderhax.bin on the root of your sd card? Did you try to boot without a sd card?

It was there, I'm not a newbie in cfw.

Why don't you just follow his tip? AFAIK if you didn't use Godmode to change the region, it black screens until you do it.

You should have told us you are starting with a Korean console and region changing it, that could have saved a lot of headaches.

Tehnically, changing a secure_info_A 0x100 byte change is, same as that inject secure_info_A from korean region, so maybe the same.

justln

Trophies
XP
Country

Tehnically, changing a secure_info_A 0x100 byte change is, same as that inject secure_info_A from korean region, so maybe the same.
Then you can just not follow what we suggested and stick to a black screen 2DS.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP

If your injecting the secureinfo after the ctrtransfer your probably injecting the Korean secure info and causing the brick yourself, it may also be that the normal ctrtransfer is automatically injecting the original backup Korean secureinfo once it finishes and causing the issue, make 100% sure that the final secureinfo being used matches the ctrtransfer image you use, unless you make your own, afaik there is no publicly shared Korean one so your probably going to 9.2 US so you need a US secure info file, not a Korean one

marine5422

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then you can just not follow what we suggested and stick to a black screen 2DS.

Alright, I'll try.
Just to clarify, this 2DS doesn't stick in black screen. It just stick to 2.1.0-4U (that working).
When I fail to update method, I always roll back to 2.1.0-4U by using hourglass9.

If your injecting the secureinfo after the ctrtransfer your probably injecting the Korean secure info and causing the brick yourself, it may also be that the normal ctrtransfer is automatically injecting the original backup Korean secureinfo once it finishes and causing the issue, make 100% sure that the final secureinfo being used matches the ctrtransfer image you use, unless you make your own, afaik there is no publicly shared Korean one so your probably going to 9.2 US so you need a US secure info file, not a Korean one

I mean, I only using a secureinfo_A(korea region) when I transfered to Korean ctrnandtransfer that I already made.
I didn't used secureinfo_A, when I transfered to another region (like 9.2.0U)

Last edited by marine5422,

marine5422

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll upload the decrypt9 log that when I do a ctrtransfer to 9.2.0-20U just right before.
Maybe it could be verify that some hint.

Restore 2.1.0U nand then 9.2.0U Ctrtransfer log
https://mega.nz/#!lxIBxCSK!fwz9vmMU7pGdfuSgl5nGgOKsV_vVCDxnpW8sR8UsQaM

http://imgur.com/a/b1WfR

And this is the image that when the restored 2.1.0 (First)
after the 9.2.0-20U (USA region) Ctrtransfer, Using a godmode9 to view SecureInfoA (Second)
Secureinfo_A is correct in USA region, but It's still black screen.

marine5422

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I had followed ctrtransfer/region change guide that you mention several times. but still no luck.
Secureinfo_A is not important for now, because of this 2.1.0-4U condition I'm not insterested going back to korean firmware for moment.
I just wants to get a higher fimeware of USA region, not going back to korean region. So It just not related problem for now.

To speck other people who read this, I'm not interested in for korean ctrtransfer or secureinfo_A for now.
and I don't think that could be a problem now either. (and doesn't wants to make this situation more headache)
So don't mention about korean region blur blur, It not a main problem.
(I already know that about 3ds system as well, that I already left in this article,
and I know that If the secure_info_A doesn't match with system nand title region, could be a brick or black screen that I know, so don't mention about that)

This a9lhed 2ds is just stuck on 2.1.0-4U (USA region) without nand backup, And I just wants to get a higher firmware (3.0~11.3) that same region (USA, not a KOREAN REGION).
And but somewhat weird, when I try to updated or ctrtransfered aren't working either (whatever I do - ctrtransfer, cartridge update, manual update; doesn't work)
THAT IS THE MAIN POINT.
So I left this article who someone interesting in this situation.
If anyone know about this or having same weird situation like me. Please share info with here.

OldSchoolTech

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Did you get as far as putting the arm9loaderhax.bin on your ctrnand and have you tried installing another version of a9lh before doing the 9.2 ctrtransfer? Worth a try if you didn't. If you already tried that sorry to waste your time.

marine5422

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another try today:

////////////
2.1.0-4U (USA) -> Ctrtransfer to 2.1.0-4J (Japan)

well, unlike the same region transfer complete, it didn't work. weird...
In my theory, something being odd situation in a9lh setuped native-firm, maybe corrupted. I'm really confuse now.

Okay, I have quick one question that is really, really important.
Is there any difference except the native firm replacement between a9lh system ctrtransfer and non-a9lh(virgin) system ctrtransfer?
I wonder if it okay that I would have hardmod and uninstall the a9lh then, cartridge updated to 4.x
(with a9lh working, 4.x firm cartridge updated doesn't work)

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The nand backup was replaced with a backup of the 2.1 nand. So restoring it is not possible.
.-. That's how you get ants. I can say removing A9LH right now might be the worst option. Right now you have a brick recovery. You remove that, then you are fucked

marine5422

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before you uninstall a9lh try updating using a different CFW. There could be something weird with your NAND that Luma doesn't like.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/corbenik-another-cfw-for-advanced-users-with-bytecode-patches.429612/

Just remember to enable firm protection before updating.

Testing now, thank you for informing to me.

Doing the first downgrade it makes a NAND backup. You should be able to restore from that NAND

Already 3 or more different condition(the original one, reseted, after ctrtransfered, which is all 2.1.0-4U) backup made up, for just in case.

marine5422

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried with other cfw like corenik, cakesCFW, but still won't work.
Whatever I choose the option, it just a black screen.
Tried with other 3ds, but that console fully works. Only this console(2DS) does not work.
Should I give up now?

(Test with emunand 2.1 / 9.2)

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you have a working 2.1 NAND. Try making that into an emuNAND using emuNAND9. Then try updating the emuNAND with the 9.2 transfer. I also suggest sticking with Luma3DS with this so you don't have to keep flipping between firmware.bin files.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."