Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
hyper-fighting-1.jpg

Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting for the Nintendo Virtual Boy has been completed and released. The final game includes Arcade, Survival, Training, and even a 2-player verses mode. The 2-player mode utilizes the yet-to-be-released link cable, which is currently in development, and requires 2 Virtual Boy consoles. 12 characters have made it into the game, including many of our favorites. Special moves, digitized sound, and 3D stereoscopic backgrounds help to complete what is being called one of the best "homebrew" titles to reach the Virtual Boy. The game is currently trading hands between private collectors and due to copyright issues will not see a public release. While there is hope that a ROM may surface, it will be too large to function on the FlashBoy and FlashBoy+. For more information be sure to check out the links below.

:arrow: Hyper Fighting Review
:arrow: Source

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
SO glad this got finished! I know the demo was making everyone antsy for a final release for a long while.

Last I checked, this game only runs on real hardware, though, because no emulators currently play it properly.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
It wasn't really necessary.

Pip'

It is the 1st fighter of its kind on the Virtual Boy. It was also extremely well made and is a treat to play. What wasn't necessary was months of fucking flappy bird clones.

-another world

Charli

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Every time I hear some news about the Virtual Boy I wonder if there's an emulator for the Oculus Rift in development. Does Mednafen maybe plan VR support? It would be great to be able to experience the Virtual Boy games in proper 3D for people that don't own a Virtual Boy.

The game looks amazing by the way! Incredible that the Virtual Boy has such a dedicated homebrew scene.

Vipera

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is the 1st fighter of its kind on the Virtual Boy. It was also extremely well made and is a treat to play. What wasn't necessary was months of fucking flappy bird clones.

-another world
The difference is that this game was made purely out of fans, flappy bird clones were easy money-grabbing. And even if this game is going to be sold for a profit then fuck it, it's still better than the mobile videogame market.

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would love to get the Full Version and a Emulator that could run it. All I get is this with Mednafen and I cant Map the Controls to my Controller.
HF Result.jpg
HF Result.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: +1