Streaming From Your PSP To Your PC.

Discussion in 'PSP - Tutorials & FAQs' started by Rydian, May 3, 2011.

May 3, 2011

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Message Count:
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    1 - It plays from the PSP normally, which is why you need an audio cable hooked to the mic jack to record it.

2 - What do you mean?

3 - I don't know about LME, I use PRO, and I don't know if it works on the E1000 (it's got cut-back hardware so if USB access is gimped somehow I would not be surprised), but this is pretty much it.

• Newcomer

slmpika New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    I just tried this out today, and it works great, especially since it allows me to use an external gamepad (no more claw). However, there are a few quirks I noticed. In FF4:Complete Collection, the After Years movie freezes at "Square Enix Presents". The FF4 movie plays, but will freeze in the middle. Pressing X will exit the movie and return to the game, though, so it doesn't really break anything. Is there a fix for this? Also, I was wondering if there were any way to add an upscaling filter, through some other software, to smooth out the picture a little. Catalyst Control Center doesn't affect this application.

Edit: I did some more searching and came across this topic. I downloaded the 0.20a version, and it fixes the FF4 problem I mentioned. However, there may be the same problem with 6.60-ProB10 that existed with the original v0.19, since I only see a black screen on my computer (the WAITING in the top-right corner disappears, so I know it is working). Also, there are posts by AndyPandy stating that he managed to add scaling filters to the program.

Edit2: I tried the original v0.19 and it does not have any of the issues that neur0n's version does. However, as you stated it does not work for 6.60PRO-B10 (VSH does, but GAME does not). I'll probably try 6.60LME to see if I get better results.

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Message Count:
    United States
    For the first, I wouldn't know other than disabling other plugins or an update to RJL (which appears to not exist).

For the second, no clue, though it does appear to be a hardware-accelerated diplay as FRAPS picks up on it so maybe some third-party tools can force it... though texture filtering is likely the setting you'll want to force.
    • Newcomer

slmpika New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    I install 6.60LME, but it didn't make a difference. However, my controller does not work anymore. The program still recognizes my input, but it is not being sent to the psp. I uninstalled and reinstalled both cfw's separately and together, but cannot find a solution. This is very strange and I don't think it was caused by the 6.60LME. Has anyone had this problem?
    This was also a problem with the official v0.19 release. I hadn't used my controller with this version until this point, so I didn't notice it until now. Switching back to the neur0n's v0.19 worked, but of course with all the bugs that come along with it.

However, I did find that restarting RemoteJoyLite when switching between GAME and VSH would ~75% of the time would make the video work again, as it only stops working when switching between the two. Restarting the PSP and opening RemoteJoyLite while in GAME mode will resolve this issue 100% of the time.

I finally got it working as close to perfect as is possible:
    v0.19 for 6.6x cfw, using 6.60Pro-B10 with M33 driver as UMD ISO MODE. All crashes are gone and every game that I've tried works. There are still some minor slowdowns, but that's due to the limited power of the PSP. I would still like to see some filtering, though.
    • Newcomer

slmpika New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    There is a new googlecode project that adds some functionality to RemoteJoyLite (like AA). Check it out here. I needed to add and rename some dll's to get it to work, though. I will write a guide on how to compile and run this soon.

Guide - None of the workarounds are necessary anymore.
    • Newcomer

m00tzman New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    First off, this guide is very well written and intuitive, so thanks for posting this!
    Second off, I seem to have a problem with dseo13b. I realize the file needs to be run as adiministrator, the problem is for me, it's not running even when I try to run as an admin. Now the file is immoveable and I'm not able to delete it. Anyone have any clue what's going on, or how I can solve this? (Also, if this question should be moved elsewhere, please let me know)

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Message Count:
    United States
    Sounds like it's still running (which is why explorer has it locked), kill it with the task manager and then run as admin.

Dotmore New Member

Message Count:
    Netherlands
    xp driver gives me win32/dh AVG virus popup

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Message Count:
    United States
    Yeah that's just AVG's heuristics throwing a bitchfit because the program modifies the system a bit.

Dotmore New Member

Message Count:
    Netherlands
    after ''ignoring'' AVG and turning off the protection shield, opening the installer grants me the epic message: The current language is not supported by the device driver installation wizzard. Contact the vendor that provided you this package.

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Message Count:
    United States
    Well you can try hooking up the PSP in the stream mode, and then give it the included driver files when it tells you it can't install and asks you for drivers.

Dotmore New Member

Message Count:
    Netherlands
    The new hardware detected popup doesnt occur anymore.

Dotmore New Member

Message Count:
    Netherlands
    I cant select the install file via new hardware detected.

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Message Count:
    United States
    Might have to go uninstall it (tel ldevice manager to show hidden and disconnected devices).

Dotmore New Member

Message Count:
    Netherlands
    Got it working now. but after loading Birth by sleep ( Streaming worked untill the intro ended ) the psp and streamer go black.

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Message Count:
    United States
    What CFW? Tried disabling all over GAME plugins?

Dotmore New Member

Message Count:
    Netherlands
    Cfw 6.60b Its the first plugin i ever used.

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Message Count:
    United States
    Go to the system settings and tell us what it says the firmware version is.

Dotmore New Member

Message Count:
    Netherlands
    Cfw: 6.60 pro b10

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Message Count:
    United States
    Screenshot /seplugins/ on the memory stick just in case there's other stuff there?

Is the copy of BBS patched or clean?