Streamer 'The Mexican Runner' sets world record as the first person to beat all 714 NES games

Capture.JPG

This is the man to beat!

Piotr Delgado Kusielczuk, known as “The Mexican Runner” on Twitch, has set a new milestone by being the first person in the world to beat all 714 NES games! And he accomplished this feat without using any cheats, a Game Genie, or even stage-select codes!

His NES Mania started in May 28th 2014 with Whomp 'Emon after his friends jokingly suggested to him to complete all NES games from A-Z and ended yesterday, February 26th 2017, with Super Mario 3.

All in all, it took him 3,435 hours to finish the 714 games, which included all 679 titles released in North America and 35 PAL exclusives. While some games were quickly completed, others that didn't have a dedicated "ending" were played until the game began looping or there was simply no other way to progress.

The patience and dedication invested by "The Mexican Runner" is surely admirable. And being a world's first, his achievement is surely going to inspire others to undertake such endeavors, so it probably won't be long before we hear about those!

:arrow: SOURCE

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did he beat action 52's 52 games and the original cheethamen 2 cart? i bet not. He needs to do that with no emulators no modifications and no game genie, nothing buy the carts and a nes. Oh and some nes games have not ending like tiger heli that game just loops.

Last edited by Captain_N,

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde? Are all his playthroughs recorded and online? I'd like to see some of them. Congratulations to him.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
He did finish silver surfer? Come on seriously?

There are only 700+ games in the nes? Does he plan to get the Japanese games? Most of all have a translation...

Daggot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did he beat action 52's 52 games and the original cheethamen 2 cart? i bet not. He needs to do that with no emulators no modifications and no game genie, nothing buy the carts and a nes. Oh and some nes games have not ending like tiger heli that game just loops.
Apparently he played every game to completion and he played games without an ending until they looped a few times or the game would no longer allow the player to progress.

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
It's not really impressive. If people threw money at me on Twitch to play NES games all day, i'd do it too. Hell i'll clear SNES, N64, PS1, you name it. I'll do it for money.
That's really big talk. Willing to put your money where your mouth is?

Here's a bet:
- You get $20 (CAD canadian or USD american, your choice) via paypal if you win this bet, or I get $20 (USD/CAD your choice) via paypal if you lose it.
- You must finish one licensed NES release of my choice. Not famicom-only, not pirate, not hack etc. Clean ROMs or official cartridges only, so no trainers, translations, nor hacked versions. For example Bayou Billy is okay, but not Fire Emblem 1 nor Little Red Hood. "Finishing" a game will work by the same criteria as The Mexican Runner used.
- If you accept the bet, I will name the game within exactly two (2) days of your acceptance by your choice of transmission, if reasonable. SMS is difficult outside of USA and Europe for me, but email, whatsapp, facebook, gbatemp direct message, twitter, are doable. You must include this info in the acceptance.
- You will have two (2) months exactly from when I name the game to complete the challenge.
- You must live stream all of your attempts on the streaming platform of your choice.
- You must notify me via gbatemp private message when you have completed the challenge and I can watch your run.
- I must be able to verify the run myself. I must do this within two (2) weeks of you notifying me that I can watch your run.
- Emulators are fine, but absolutely no slow down, save states, cheats, rewind, etc. The gameplay must be functionally identical to playing on a real system / cartridge unaided.
- If any of these rules are broken, the party caught breaking a rule 'loses' the bet. For example, if I fail to name a game within 48 hours of you accepting the bet, I lose. If you are caught cheating or are unable to provide footage of the run, you lose. If both parties break rules, the bet is nullified.

I formally issue the challenge. Lots of rules but I'm trying to avoid a "lol i beat it on my NES but didnt record, here is a photo now pay up" kind of situation. It is not legally binding but I am good for it and honor bound. Mr. @Hells Malice , Do you accept?

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's really big talk. Willing to put your money where your mouth is?

Here's a bet:
- You get $20 (CAD canadian or USD american, your choice) via paypal if you win this bet, or I get $20 (USD/CAD your choice) via paypal if you lose it.
- You must finish one licensed NES release of my choice. Not famicom-only, not pirate, not hack etc. Clean ROMs or official cartridges only, so no trainers, translations, nor hacked versions. For example Bayou Billy is okay, but not Fire Emblem 1 nor Little Red Hood. "Finishing" a game will work by the same criteria as The Mexican Runner used.
- If you accept the bet, I will name the game within exactly two (2) days of your acceptance by your choice of transmission, if reasonable. SMS is difficult outside of USA and Europe for me, but email, whatsapp, facebook, gbatemp direct message, twitter, are doable. You must include this info in the acceptance.
- You will have two (2) months exactly from when I name the game to complete the challenge.
- You must live stream all of your attempts on the streaming platform of your choice.
- You must notify me via gbatemp private message when you have completed the challenge and I can watch your run.
- I must be able to verify the run myself. I must do this within two (2) weeks of you notifying me that I can watch your run.
- Emulators are fine, but absolutely no slow down, save states, cheats, rewind, etc. The gameplay must be functionally identical to playing on a real system / cartridge unaided.
- If any of these rules are broken, the party caught breaking a rule 'loses' the bet. For example, if I fail to name a game within 48 hours of you accepting the bet, I lose. If you are caught cheating or are unable to provide footage of the run, you lose. If both parties break rules, the bet is nullified.

I formally issue the challenge. Lots of rules but I'm trying to avoid a "lol i beat it on my NES but didnt record, here is a photo now pay up" kind of situation. It is not legally binding but I am good for it and honor bound. Mr. @Hells Malice , Do you accept?

I'm intrigued but also conflicted about this. Mostly because of timing. I'm not a man to back down from a challenge...especially such a well written one. But it's also right in time for Black Desert's new class tomorrow, and Breath of the Wild on friday. As a giant nerd and gamer, quite a busy time.
I'm also conflicted because there are so many trap NES titles that are just pure tedium more than difficult. TMR got money thrown at him constantly while grinding shit games, so, y'know. Some incentive.

But eeeeeh fuck it. It's just my pride, honor, integrity and money on the line. I accept. You've challenged my honor good sir.
If you're serious, drop me a PM on here. Probably the easiest method of communication with minimum hassle.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE