daniilS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello,

My friend recently asked me to update her R4 card because she couldn't use it after the last 3DS firmware update. When I was at home, I took a closer look at the card, and was surprised because I hadn't seen such a model before. On the front, it looked exactly like the 2014 R4i SDHC Dual-Core made by www.r4isdhc.in, but it also had a link to www.r4isdhc.com on it. Not minding the second, I went to the .in site and downloaded the update file. Everything worked fine, and when I started it up after, it told me I needed to update the kernel. I downloaded the one from the .in site, put it on the card, and started it up again. This time, after the "loading...", the top screen went white and the bottom screen black. Only the icons were shown, so no text. When attempting to launch a game, everything stopped responding and I had to press home.
So, then I tried the kernel from the .com site, but then the card refused to start up altogether.

So my question is, what kind of card is this and where do I get the correct kernel?

Here are some pictures:
dot_in_kernel.jpg
outside.jpg
pcb.jpg

elmoemo

Trophies
XP
Country
Have you tried using the file from the .in site and using wood fw and overwrite if files are the same on the card, I do that with ordinary ndsl so not sure if itll work with 3ds

D

Deleted-236924

Semantics, but that looks more like an AK2 clone rebranded as a R4 to me.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you might have borked the cart's FPGA with the update just enough so the menu will load but crashes on loading a ROM. There might be a way to force an update though by holding a trigger while booting up.

DLDI probably isn't a problem since it loads the menu graphics and icons.

daniilS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think you might have borked the cart's FPGA with the update just enough so the menu will load but crashes on loading a ROM. There might be a way to force an update though by holding a trigger while booting up.

DLDI probably isn't a problem since it loads the menu graphics and icons.

I have considered that, but the FPGA can't be broken through a kernel update on the micro SD, can it? Because like I mentioned before, it looked okay before I replaced those files.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM