Hardware Strange issue regarding hardmod and nand restores

Eruandou

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hello GBATemp community! Today a client came by asking for a hardmod after bricking his console, because he had entirely changed his Secure info. The console was booting into the BSOD (with error 00F800FE 00000000 00000000 00000200 00000000). He had a NAND backup and also an Emunand on his SD card. After performing the hardmod and writing back the nand backups, it still stares at the BSOD, same error. I checked the backups in case they were corrupt, using the .sha given by Decrypt9 each time you create a backup. It seems okay.
Any ideas on what to check? I've already checked all soldering related things I could think of :/

Eruandou

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Positive them backups belong to that console?
yes, absolutely! I made a backup after hardmodding it, and the NCSD header were exactly the same, as was most of the NAND (except for some parts, which I assume were changed because of the SecureInfo injection)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
if the nand backups are from another console it should issue a B (lue)SOD, if the match the console it should be a black screen of death,

did you take a nand backup of the bricked nand too so you can 100% rule out a nand mix up

also was the emunand backup just a backup copy or did you extract it yourself, if you can, try make a backup yourself of the emunand on the sd using emunand tool and try restoring that

Eruandou

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
if the nand backups are from another console it should issue a B (lue)SOD, if the match the console it should be a black screen of death,

did you take a nand backup of the bricked nand too so you can 100% rule out a nand mix up

also was the emunand backup just a backup copy or did you extract it yourself, if you can, try make a backup yourself of the emunand on the sd using emunand tool and try restoring that
Yep, I took a NAND backup with win32 disk imager, and compared the NCSD headers to try and see if they were from the same console, and they were x.x

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.