Story wise, is there a reason Link has his Master Sword and Champions tunic taken from him?

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by RemixDeluxe, May 5, 2017.

1. V0ltr0n

V0ltr0n GBAtemp Fan

Jan 5, 2016
    United States
    Master sword isnt the best sword? Thats just not right. *cough* biggoron sword *cough*

2. RemixDeluxe
    OP

RemixDeluxe GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    Biggoron Sword is in the game via amiibo.

Master Sword has a base attack of 30, when surrounded by calamity you get 60 attack. Even if it had 60 base attack its still terrible and not worth it. I can easily get myself an arsenal of Lynel weapons ranging from 80-100 attack (yes I own a 100 attack single hand sword). That's just the lynel class, there is also the Royal Guard and elemental weapons which not only do additional damage based on enemy type and terrain but is resourceful for shrine puzzles.

However if we step away from melee weapons there are bows that can far outdamage what you can do with any sword in the right situation like my lynel bow 30x5 (that's 150 attack from a single shot) and that's just from regular arrows.

I hope this is more than enough to show you how pointless the Master Sword is. If I could put it in my house as a show piece I would just to save the space in my inventory for better stuff.

V0ltr0n likes this.
  3. owek1

owek1 Master Sword Wielder

Aug 16, 2016
    been thinking, it's probably best the sword was taken to the forest since it is nearly impossible to even access it since the Lost Woods is enchanted and whoever is not meant to find the sword or Deku Tree will get lost in the woods forever. Ganon might steal it if it was with Link in the Shrine. Good thinking on Zelda's part..

4. Seliph

Seliph Scion of Light/Orphan

Jul 11, 2016
    United States
    Somewhere in Jugdral
    Because you don't want to wake up in some weird water stuff with a wet ass tunic

5. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    how come the tunic wasn't in one of the chests when you wake up only a shitty shirt than? :P

6. DarthDub

DarthDub Amateur Hacker

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    Your mom's basement.
    The Master Sword has its own slot.

7. RemixDeluxe
    OP

RemixDeluxe GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    I forgot about that. Thank you.

Makes sense since it matches up perfectly with the Hetsu slot upgrades.

8. fedehda

fedehda GBAtemp Regular

Mar 7, 2017
    Argentina
    At your current screen. And in heaven
    Because Link doesn't remember anything. So, going over there with the Champion's Tunic would it mean that he would be an easy target in the beginning of the game

9. LoDeus

LoDeus Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 2, 2016
    Belgium
    Maybe the champion tunic was in the chest but 100 years just degraded it a bit?
    In that time, Paya, already loving Link, decided to create another one just for him, just in case, and because she is shy, gave it to Impa

Last edited by LoDeus, May 11, 2017
  10. Yil

Yil GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 19, 2014
    Canada
    In various religion, the only way a person is the prophcized one is they accomplish thing specifically matched that of the prophocy. If they failed, then they are not the one prophcised.
    Game vice I would say Zelda made the tunic after Link's fall.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Also the master sword is most useful for dealing with trees and wild animals.

11. Bladexdsl

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    yeah it just needed a wash

12. ZoneBlaze

ZoneBlaze GBAtemp Regular

Aug 14, 2014
    United States
    Spoilers:
    Zelda knew the shrine of resurrection would mess with Link's memory. Until he had grown back to becoming a capable swordsman, he shouldn't try to force himself to face Ganon. The Great Deku Tree also says something along the lines of requiring inner strength in order to wield the sword that seals darkness(Master Sword). Again, meaning that Link would need to prove himself ready to fight Ganon before he could wield the sword and wear the tunic(Although, you could face Ganon without the sword...).

13. Bladexdsl

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    btw what's with this shitty shrine of resurrection? it takes 100 years to heal when the Dragonball Z Rejuvenation Chamber and goa'uld sarcophagus can do it in a day? CMON!

14. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    not good thinking at all imo lol, if ganon found the shrine of resurection he could just kill link and be done with it why would it just steal the sword? :P

owek1 likes this.
  15. owek1

owek1 Master Sword Wielder

Aug 16, 2016
    Link could just be reborn while the Master Sword if it's gone or in the wrong hands, no number of Links is powerful enough to "defeat" him..tho in this game any weapon will do :rofl:

16. Alkéryn

Alkéryn Master of cookies ~

Mar 15, 2015
    France
    Albategnius, Moon
    1 Master sword was broken
    2 it is clearly said that the sword don't accept an owner that isn't strong enough wich link isn't when he wake up since he didn't recovered all his strenght (which is said multiple times both by zelda and the deku tree)
    thus the reason why you need to clear shrines to gain your strenght back and be able to hold it again

whateverg1012 likes this.