Hacking Still running RX tools. Where do CIA files go?

hxcmusic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I'm still running RX tools on my XL. It's been a long time since I've put any CIA files on my SD card, just trying to remember where they go, and possibly how to get them on there.

Any help would be awesome, Thanks

D

Deleted User

Stop using rxtools,its not safe to use anymore since it lacks firm protection,its not compatible with sun/moon and its become obsolete.

Download the latest release of luma from github (just google it),make 2 folders on the root of your sd card,one called luma and inside the Luma folder a folder called payloads.Put the luma.3dsx file in a folder(should already be in one) then into the 3ds folder.All you need to then is drag and drop the arm9loaderhax.bin into the root of your sd card and boot luma through your hbl.Only takes 5 minutes.

When your ready you can switch to a9lh with this guide https://plailect.github.io/Guide/ Be shure to read everything first before following it and download all the required files in the guide needed.

hxcmusic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys. Initially I Installed SMMaker CIA using FBI on RXTools But I got a black screen and reboot. I updated to Luma 6.6 using the tutorial posted. I updated Emu to 11.2.0-35U. But that black screen reboot is still happening. Than I found this on reddit:

Yeah, they have to reboot to get into extended ram mode, so if you're using a CFW setup that doesn't have reboot patches, or support for rebooting into extended ram mode, these games will fail every time.
This applies to Luma3DS installed to CTRNAND, but with an SD card without an arm9loaderhax.bin on it in the slot as well.

I have the a9lh.bin on the root of the sd card. Do I have to switch to a9lh to run that CIA?

Thanks

Reactions: Deleted User

GBAFail

Smell my finger.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys. Initially I Installed SMMaker CIA using FBI on RXTools But I got a black screen and reboot. I updated to Luma 6.6 using the tutorial posted. I updated Emu to 11.2.0-35U. But that black screen reboot is still happening. Than I found this on reddit:

Yeah, they have to reboot to get into extended ram mode, so if you're using a CFW setup that doesn't have reboot patches, or support for rebooting into extended ram mode, these games will fail every time.
This applies to Luma3DS installed to CTRNAND, but with an SD card without an arm9loaderhax.bin on it in the slot as well.

I have the a9lh.bin on the root of the sd card. Do I have to switch to a9lh to run that CIA?

Thanks
IDK, just intsall a9lh anyway. It's worth it. SYSNAND CFW is the way to go.

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ab8GtuPdrUQ