Hacking Still no way around region locked DLC?

Kazkari

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just wondering if anyone has come up with an exploit for DLC? I have a Euro account but I've bought afew American games since they have physical editions but I use them on my Euro account since its my primary.

But I was wondering is there a way of downloading the American DLC and switching to my Euro account and having it still work?

Like could I alter the values of the identical Euro DLC to read as American to work with the game for example?

Btw I mean free DLC ect, like I bought an Atelier game recently but I found out the JPN voice acting isn't on the cart but its free to download.

Last edited by Kazkari,

TehCupcakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If we were able to do that, there would be DLC piracy. Being able to modify the properties of the DLC (including region) implies decrypting/exploiting important processes that validate Vita content. That hasn't been done. So no, there's no way around it.

Anyway, it's not really that they're intentionally "region locked", it's a simple matter of compatibility. When a game gets localized, it sometimes has different features and the underlying code has differences. Thus, even though DLC appears the same to the user 99% of the time, DLC made for the European version may not be compatible with the NA version of the game. Especially if the localizations are done by different studios, it wouldn't be safe for Sony to assume one will be compatible with the other. Thus, the only logical solution was for them to tie digital content to regions, including DLC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs