OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jamstruth said:
Sterl500 said:
Jaems said:
Does the connector at the top allow for GBA-GCN link?
And how is the framerate compared to original games?

Thanks.

If I still had that GC -> GBA link and Pokemon box GC utility, I could test it... but alas I do not. :/

Does it perform normal link cable functions with a real GBA? If it does it will probably to the GC-GBA link
Well I have to admit, I have several things to test. These may take several days (I have to go to work in a few).

1: GBA - GBA Connection (My friend has a legit GBA & Cable that may ba able to do this)
2: Test a couple of higher end games, and attempt to make a game compatibility list.
3: ??????????
4: Profit!!

arielp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
gbasp.gif
As Promised, Just Arrived today from DX

here is the macro shot of the screen, for you to see the "stretching" effect as the native screen of the CLONE GBA is 320x240 and the originalGBA screen is 240×160

This is the Original GBA resolution (DSi with iPlayer GBA Emulator). 1:1 pixel
dsc05333p.jpg

This is the CLONE GBA resolution , there IS stretching but if you hold the clone +- 50cm from your eyes, not noticable
dsc05334n.jpg

LEFT: Original GBA, RIGHT: CLONE GBA , a bit different body texture,
dsc05328l.jpg

TOP LEFT: Original GBA (No Backlight), BOTTOM LEFT: CLONE GBA (default brightness, not changeable), RIGHT: DSi (Highest Brightness)
dsc05338s.jpg

Highlights:

- No Slowdown 1:1 speed
- Good Built Quality, Great Screen Quality
- Lighter than the GBA Original
- Drag n Drop ROM via USB, Chargeable via USB and included Charger.
- Realtime Save, Realtime Guide, Soft-Reset (ingame hold SELECT and press R button)

Jaems

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow! Thanks for the screens!
It truly is impressive for a clone.

By chance, can you check if it still allows for GCN connectivity?

arielp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
interesting find,

my gba emulator iplayer failed to load super monkey ball, with some kind error ('3 lines of text' error)

funny that this clone also reproduce the same error,

v-rally 3 also the same, both iplayer and clone cannot display alpha blending properly (cloud and car-dust)

this makes me wonder, is this based on same 'emulator' / vba maybe? this proves that this is emulation, not 1:1 hardware, but aside of that.. the speed is the same as original.

arielp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
IMPORTANT (i forgot to mention this in my previous post)

BE CAREFUL of VIRUS in the 2GB Storage, luckily my AV detected and remove it immediately upon first connecting the GBA to my PC,
is in the autorun.inf, seems it was on malformed state (trojan, forget to note the trojan name)

just be careful, you've been warned...

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
arielp said:
IMPORTANT (i forgot to mention this in my previous post)

BE CAREFUL of VIRUS in the 2GB Storage, luckily my AV detected and remove it immediately upon first connecting the GBA to my PC,
is in the autorun.inf, seems it was on malformed state (trojan, forget to note the trojan name)

just be careful, you've been warned...
Funny, I never noticed it.
blink.gif
I think my anti virus caught it.

Comrade Cough

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sterl500 said:
Comrade Cough said:
It could be a false positive.
What?

The trojan could be a false positive. Link (A fairly bad example.)

Also, not as widely soaked in to the public consciousness. Anti-Virus programs, and the like (Symantec, Eset, etc.) some times add perfectly fine tools and programs to the 'Virus/Malware/Trojan' list, like any other company they are not immune to being bribed by content providers. (Like if my NOD32 detected another competing AV, and labeled it a 'threat'. A threat to whom? My system, or their buisness?)

Ravager90

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
definatly some nice review
smile.gif
Can someone explain me how it's possible to run Mario Super Circuit on a DSi ? Just saw that picture where all the 3 devices were shown, still wondering how you managed to get that GBA game running on your simple DSi
rolleyes.gif

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Ravager90 said:
smile.gif
Can someone explain me how it's possible to run Mario Super Circuit on a DSi ? Just saw that picture where all the 3 devices were shown, still wondering how you managed to get that GBA game running on your simple DSi
rolleyes.gif

THere is a GBA Emulator for the iPlayer flashcart. It's only possible on the iPlayer due to extra RAM and CPU power housed in the cart itself.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Comrade Cough said:
Sterl500 said:
Comrade Cough said:
It could be a false positive.
What?

The trojan could be a false positive. Link (A fairly bad example.)

Also, not as widely soaked in to the public consciousness. Anti-Virus programs, and the like (Symantec, Eset, etc.) some times add perfectly fine tools and programs to the 'Virus/Malware/Trojan' list, like any other company they are not immune to being bribed by content providers. (Like if my NOD32 detected another competing AV, and labeled it a 'threat'. A threat to whom? My system, or their buisness?)
You learn something new everyday.
biggrin.gif
Thanks.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What the heck this thing is cool! i almost wish it was out 8 years ago when i wanted a GBA so my parents would have gotten me one of these instead
tongue.gif

D

Deleted-236924

Ravager90 said:
rolleyes.gif
Alright... But the picture of the DSi shows an emulator menu at the bottom.

arielp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Ravager90 said:
smile.gif
rolleyes.gif

Jamstruth said:
QUOTE(Ravager90 @ Apr 4 2010, 07:25 AM) definatly some nice review
smile.gif
rolleyes.gif

THere is a GBA Emulator for the iPlayer flashcart. It's only possible on the iPlayer due to extra RAM and CPU power housed in the cart itself.

Correct, i am using my iPlayer GBA Emulator, currently exclusive for iPlayer flashcart only. (soon to SCDSTWO)

thaddius

Charmander is not pleased.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I got mine in the mail today and I have a few things to add.

You can't put the GBA in a receptive mode (holding start+select when booting or booting without a game inserted). This means:
-Gamecube to Gameboy connectivity does not work.
-Ereader to Gameboy connectivity does not work.

Based on those results I'm going to guess that GBA to GBA connectivity doesn't work either, but I haven't tested that so keep that in mind.

Also seeing as how it reads\writes the save file from the built-in storage and not the cartridge, it makes sense the games with stuff built-into a real GBA cart won't work. Like:
-WarioWare: Twisted's tilt and vibration function does not work.
-Yoshi's Toysy Turvey\Universal Gravitation's tilt function does not work.
-Drill Dozer's vibration function does not work.

I can only assume this means that Boktai's light sensing doesn't work either, but all of these games are playable with patches, save for Drill Dozer which works fine without patches, you just have to live without the rumble feedback.

I also tried some of my flash cards in it and my EZF Advance, XGFlash, XGFlash 2 Turbo and my G6 did not work. I also happen to have a couple of pirate pokemon games and none of those worked either. I know other people said this, but I'm just reiterating it. This last point is kind of moot though because you won't need flash carts or pirate carts at all. I'm thinking I'm going to put my DS rumble pak in the GBA slot of this thing merely as a dust cover. It's not like I'm using that anyway...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 9:02 am here