Gaming Steins;Gate coming to PS3/Vita. 2015 EU/NA

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
You can keep your Zero Escape, Danganronpa and other inferior Visual Novels as Steins;Gate is being released in NA/EU by PQube. No news on physical version.

Ab43u2C.png

http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/steins-gate-ps-vita-ps3-coming-2015/
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Official-SteinsGate-Community/1478769512405701
https://twitter.com/pqubegames

Reactions: Sakitoshi

Gruntzer

Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
thank you for supporting visual novels coming over to the west oh my godness you needn't be so kind

sorry for double posting internet lagged on me, as i said i didn't know that there is a PS3 edition, i will use e3 flasher to play the jap backup :)

El Psy Congroo

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What's that? Link seems to be broken.

Purchase link for the English PC game. You need to enter a birth date first for age restriction reasons. Seriously though, Steins;Gate is really excellent. Probably is indeed better than Zero Escape and Danganronpa.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you wanna be really technical, Steins;Gate has already been out for years on the PS3 and Vita; it's just the first English release on those consoles. There's also been an official release on the PC in English. Frankly I can't understand the desire to play VNs on a home console when a PC port is available, but a proper English portable version is excellent. Steins;Gate is excellent. Hell, I'll buy it again just in the hopes that it shows that people really do want good sci-fi VNs.

I highly doubt steinsgate is superior to Zero escape and danganronpa.

Up in the air as far as Zero Escape goes (although IMO, at least better than most of 999), but no question it beats either Danganronpa game, great as they both were. It's less gameplay and more text, though; a true VN in the sense that the only 'gameplay' is choosing responses to things. If you can't get into things that are 'too anime' (although the art style for this game is pretty good stuff), or if you're going to unduly whine about the treatment of
transgender persons
regardless of context or portrayal, this may not be the game/story for you.

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
If you wanna be really technical, Steins;Gate has already been out for years on the PS3 and Vita; it's just the first English release on those consoles. There's also been an official release on the PC in English. Frankly I can't understand the desire to play VNs on a home console when a PC port is available, but a proper English portable version is excellent. Steins;Gate is excellent. Hell, I'll buy it again just in the hopes that it shows that people really do want good sci-fi VNs.
If you want to be really technical, this thread is about the English release for PS3/Vita.

Also
623672851.jpg

Reactions: Skelletonike

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Maybe the Japanese think semicolons make words look more "fantasy-ish" the same way JRR Tolkien used diaresis and apostrophes in everything?

The entire "series" has a ; in the middle of the name. There's Chaos;Head (which also has weird capitalization and things), Steins;Gate and Robotics;Notes. Maybe one more, not sure about that.

Essometer

Needs data
Trophies
Website
none.de
XP
Country
Germany
You can keep your Zero Escape, Danganronpa and other inferior Visual Novels as Steins;Gate is being released in NA/EU by PQube.

No, just no. Those three are all awesome VNs in their genre. And I have to say it´s a shame that so few VNs are actually translated and release on a commercially level.

While I read the fan translated version and bought the JAST version, this will still be a day 1 for me. Steins;Gate is just so good. Let´s hope that this will lead to other VN translations, because there
are still many undiscovered gems out there.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess I need to watch the anime now.

I wouldn't bother; it's basically just the VN condensed some and without the alternate endings, from my understanding.

I guess if you don't have a laptop and/or your desk chair is terrible console VNs are a reasonable alternative. I was stuck with CRT TVs until mid-2012, whereas I was on my third personal laptop by that time; I pretty much gave up on console games post-2010 if any large amount of text was involved because reading it was flat-out impossible, but if you've got an uncomfortable computer setup and a good HDTV, go for it.

earlynovfan

Delusional
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the PC Port 18+ meaning it contains uncensored material, or just mainly for cursing and darker themes? I honestly know very little about Steins;Gate and the universe so I'd love to try it out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended