Gaming SteamWorld Dig 2 Firmware Requirements?

moneychild

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What firmware is needed to play “Streamworld Dig 2”?

I asked this because “projectOCTOPATH TRAVELER” demo required the latest firmware to play so I was woundering if dig would require the same also.

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What does it really matter, I mean in 2months, 5months, 7months there will be a game far more desirable than Steamworld with a much higher FW requirement.

People asking about the FW on games right now are never going to have the patience to stick on low FW seeing as they are unlikely to ever be able to play a post 3.0.0 game ever on 3.0.0.

PS4 and Vita have proved that.

D

Deleted User

If you want to play the game without updating play it on PC. Your other option is to wait until we can spoof the Switch's system version. It will happen sooner or later.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
game only lasts 12 hours anyway can finish it in a day i was going to get it on the switch but i tried it on the pc 1st good thing too. I'll just torrent it :P

Last edited by Bladexdsl,

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you want to play the game without updating play it on PC. Your other option is to wait until we can spoof the Switch's system version. It will happen sooner or later.
In laymans terms spoofing the FW version is likely to never be an option without bypassing the lv0 FW check which would burn efuses and brick your Switch, not to mention the addition of any keys post 3.0.1. It would require a lv0 hack of both a 3.0.0 and 3.0.1+ system for each and every FW version the games demand.

Long story short you won't be playing 3.0.1+ games on a 3.0.0 console for years, most likely never and even if you could there would need to be a hack for the games FW version available so you would be better off using the newer hacked FW.

Gaming on a 3.0.0 system is a pipe dream comparable to homebrew on a 3.0.1 system. Is it impossible no, is it likely absolutely not.

Gnarmagon

Noob <3
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
game only lasts 12 hours anyway can finish it in a day i was going to get it on the switch but i tried it on the pc 1st good thing too. I'll just torrent it :P
Are you sure that you finished it ?
I mean I played 2 Days non stop and I am still not entirely finished ....

D

Deleted User

In laymans terms spoofing the FW version is likely to never be an option without bypassing the lv0 FW check which would burn efuses and brick your Switch, not to mention the addition of any keys post 3.0.1. It would require a lv0 hack of both a 3.0.0 and 3.0.1+ system for each and every FW version the games demand.

Long story short you won't be playing 3.0.1+ games on a 3.0.0 console for years, most likely never and even if you could there would need to be a hack for the games FW version available so you would be better off using the newer hacked FW.

Gaming on a 3.0.0 system is a pipe dream comparable to homebrew on a 3.0.1 system. Is it impossible no, is it likely absolutely not.
So you're saying that my 2.30 Switch is only good for homebrew? I had assumed that in time we would be able to spoof the firmware and access online services like on the 3DS and Wii U. If all I want is homebrew I already have a laptop for that.

I'll wait a while longer for more information to come out but if what you say is true then I'll probably update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end