Steam's Lunar New Year Sale kicks off today

KaqQEXp.png

If you've been waiting for some PC game sales, Valve has you covered, as Steam has just started its annual Lunar New Year sale, which celebrates the year of the dog. The sale will last from Feb. 15 through Feb. 19, and will offer a multitude of discounts for games like Pyre, Rocket League, Nioh, Borderlands, Hollow Knight, Watch_Dogs 2, and more. Other, more recent games, like Cuphead, Crossing Souls, and Harvest Moon: Light of Hope do have discounts, but only at a 10-15% off rate. Valve also has changed how wishlists work, by adding filters and new sorting options. If you're interested in the sale, you can check it out and search all the games that are on sale at the link below.

:arrow: Steam

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Meh, as always.

"Discounts" that are either the same as what has been available elsewhere for a while (retail, other storefronts etc) or worse. I miss the days you could be excited for a steam sale.

Reactions: Minox

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Chary you should have said there was a moving banner. I would have clicked sooner. :P

Also there is another one you forgot. They have rush wearing vr goggles.... oh no, are they trying to say mega man vr game could be coming!? :blink:

banner_controller_english.jpg

Reactions: Xzi

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Meh, as always.

"Discounts" that are either the same as what has been available elsewhere for a while (retail, other storefronts etc) or worse. I miss the days you could be excited for a steam sale.

I don't know where you live but I never get -50% to -75% sales where I live. Hell, there's never any sales on video games where I live and PS3 (or PS4, I can't remember) used to cost 120$

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Meh, as always.

It's not the worst recent Steam sale, but it certainly makes me remember the days where Steam would literally overload at the flash sale reset at noon, and everyone's buying everything cuz it's all 90% off. I really miss that business model they had. I used to have alarms set, stay up all night, get hyped, just for sales. It was a good time.

Reactions: DarthDub

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hah, I went to the Okami page, curious about the specs, and see the recommended specs is an i7. Uhhh, what? this game came out like 10 years ago!

Also, Secret of Mana was a recommended game from the Okami page, and it has mixed reviews. I see Square fucked up that game, lol.

Oh, and if anyone wants to see a huge "WTF", go look at the latest news from the Sega devs on the Valkyria Chronicles steam page.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/294860/Valkyria_Chronicles/

Last edited by Viri,

DarthDub

Amateur Hacker
Trophies
Website
www.gaiaonline.com
XP
Country
United States
It's not the worst recent Steam sale, but it certainly makes me remember the days where Steam would literally overload at the flash sale reset at noon, and everyone's buying everything cuz it's all 90% off. I really miss that business model they had. I used to have alarms set, stay up all night, get hyped, just for sales. It was a good time.
I bet your wallet was weeping, huh? Also, Rush wearing VR goggles? I hope they don't RUSH out Mega Man 11.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know where you live but I never get -50% to -75% sales where I live. Hell, there's never any sales on video games where I live and PS3 (or PS4, I can't remember) used to cost 120$

UK where retailers constantly undercut each other. Retail games for pc are just from wherever, come with a steam code so all good. Lowest price steam has ever offered on the surge as an example is £17, retail physical was £15 well before that and is steam code. Even for console games, I can't remember the last time I paid over £40 for a game (judging by psn prices, retail is suppose to be something stupid like £49.99-£59.99).

But for PC and not grabbing physical copies, even other storefronts that you can buy from wherever you are, are better.

Resident evil 7 gold edition, £30 lowest on steam. Was £19 on cdkeys when they had it.
Evil within 2, steam £20. Cdkeys £15 + pre-order dlc
Prey cheapest it's been is £15. Cdkeys had for £12 + bonus dlc.
Wolfeinstien 2 is £20, cdkeys is £15.

Thats's all just one retailer.

Nioh is £30, gmg pretty much had it for that not long ago in their last sale.

Wait for steam sales to come around and don't match what has already been offered for months on other storefronts.

A better time. Makes sense, pub might want to do 75% off for a day, but not 75% for the whole sale. Shame as it was much better (at least for people buying :D ).

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Hah, I went to the Okami page, curious about the specs, and see the recommended specs is an i7. Uhhh, what? this game came out like 10 years ago!

Also, Secret of Mana was a recommended game from the Okami page, and it has mixed reviews. I see Square fucked up that game, lol.

Oh, and if anyone wants to see a huge "WTF", go look at the latest news from the Sega devs on the Valkyria Chronicles steam page.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/294860/Valkyria_Chronicles/
The i7-3770 was launched 6 years ago, so it's normal since it's a remake. i7 are not necessarily better than i5 or i3, it really depends on the generation and other stuff. And the news on Valkyria Chronicles was a "teaser" for puyo puyo tetris

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It could be worst, like Nintendo eshop where hardly any game is worth the discount they are advertising %10-30% the majority of the games, and most of them already low price defeating the use of that percentage. Rocket league $20, but save JUST $5 this week. $60 game save $10, $5 %50 off... save $2.50.

I figured some people would appreciate steam sales, playstation store has flash sales on some weekends like steam does. The difference in steam vs playstation is that some better discounts are for playstation plus.... which you have to pay for anyway already taking some money off the purchase. Least they have coupon codes, I doubt steam has such things like that. :unsure:

Reactions: CallmeBerto

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I miss when games were like 90% off. I remember buying Dungeon Defenders for 99 cents, and the dlc for like 20 cents each.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.