Steam "You have exceeded the number of allowed recovery attempts. Please try again later."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyap

HTML Noob
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
So I wanted to log into steam but I haven't used it in a while and can't remember my password
I clicked on "I can't sign in" and continued from there
Then it told me that I need to wait for a code to be delivered to my email but I was impatient and stupidly clicked "resend email" multiple times. Now it says this:
You have exceeded the number of allowed recovery attempts. Please try again later.
Is there anything I can do other than wait? and if not, how long do I have to wait for?

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately patience is key with Steam emails - depending on server load they can be delayed for minutes or even hours. I'd guess within 6-8 hours tops you can try again; you could also contact Steam support, but I don't know if they could help or how quickly they'd respond.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You do exactly what it tells you to - you try again later. Either that or you contact Steam support, but that may end up taking much much longer and you might not even get a satisfactory solution.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Nyap

HTML Noob
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I'll try contacting steam support, maybe i'll be lucky and they'll actually help for once and in a good amount of time
It's weird, because I have this one password floating around in my head that I have strong memories of being my steam password, yet it doesn't work when I try it

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So I wanted to log into steam but I haven't used it in a while and can't remember my password
I clicked on "I can't sign in" and continued from there
Then it told me that I need to wait for a code to be delivered to my email but I was impatient and stupidly clicked "resend email" multiple times. Now it says this:

Is there anything I can do other than wait? and if not, how long do I have to wait for?
You won't get the email any quicker by resending it multiple times. Just wait for the email to arrive.

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just wait a few hours. I know for a fact that the login limit (the max amount of failed attempts) causes you to be locked out for 30 minutes (that includes rebooting an already logged in session). I accidentically left my arm on the up key while watching YouTube and it somehow triggered ASF's mobile authenticator weirdness and I was locked out for 30 minutes.

I guess that this is similar, unless they locked your account, in which case... good luck with Steam support because they're known for being a pain in the butt and use bots rather than humans to deal with issues which might cause your issue to be confused with something else. (Although if you ever used a credit card or paysafe card on Steam, verification is a breeze when they ask for it: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2268-EAFZ-9762 .)

Nyap

HTML Noob
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
You won't get the email any quicker by resending it multiple times. Just wait for the email to arrive.
i know that, just me being dumb xD

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

hooray works now
w28380X.png

now I just have to wait

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You have to hack into the mainframe and steal their ram.

or just wait. I dunno why people see "please wait" and freak out. I mean you even know exactly why it said that.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse