Tutorial  Updated

Stealth patching with ABGX360 [updated 2022]

IMPORTANT NOTICE!

2022: New fork of ABGX, please read the thread and other linked threads in this thread VERY carefully.

ABGX has been moved to a new a new host.
I urge you to read this first!​

Since patching with ABGX doesn't only patch the Topology data, it also checks for disc integrity, tampering, video padding, game hashes and more.
I've decided to make this thread to help others setting up ABGX and correctly verifying their backups.

First of all, install ABGX360 by downloading it here (you only need the ABGX appropriate for your OS)
Mirror link here.

After you installed it, launch the ABGX360 GUI and you will be greeted by a screen.
MpVYqEV.jpg

Next, click on "Options" and tick these boxes.
Ev7BjCs.jpg

Next, click on "Autofix" and tick these boxes.
aFEGaHN.jpg

Next, click on "Misc" and tick these boxes.
s1vqgGb.jpg

You'll need to select the corresponding region for ABGX with your console.
Most games are region free but some are region bound.
This will check what region it is or if it's region free.

And to finish setting it up, click on "File" and save the settings as default.
This will ensure you the settings are loaded each time you start ABGX.
KLjMujd.jpg

To load an ISO to check it for stealth, click on the little folder and load your ISO.
Kv6DOTD.jpg

After you selected the ISO, click on launch and sit back a few minutes.
A command line window will pop up and ABGX will be checking everything in the ISO for integrity/stealth and topology data.
lWWsqhm.jpg

The 2 red areas are the most important.
The first one is about the Topology data.
This is VITAL for assuring Stealth on XBLive.
If you don't have your topology data in place then you will be flagged!
ABGX will download this automatically from the server if it's missing/corrupt.

The second red area is about SplitVid.
SplitVid is an old method used to ensure Stealth on XBLive with the old iXtreme 1.4 firmwares.
This might show up yellow but you can ignore it as it's no longer needed ;]

If everything comes up green in ABGX then you've got a correctly patched ISO.
If you're unsure of it, run it again and wait till everything is green.

Newly released ISO's (leaked before release date) will be UNSAFE for XBLive!
ABGX doesn't have a CRC verification in it's data base so please wait until they can be verified!
If you can't wait to play the game then EVERYTHING will be on YOUR RESPONSIBILITY!
MS is known to ban people from playing games pre-release!
So if you care about XBLive then wait until the game is verified.

After you've checked your ISO's with ABGX, you'll be clear to proceed with burning it on a disc or copying it to the HDD for your ODDE.

Last edited by DinohScene,

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
No one knows.
Could be today, could be in a year, could be never.
Bans can occur at any time.

Yes.
However you need to copy your saves to the new console and redownload your gamertag.
Or sync your saves with the cloud and redownload them on the new console.
Xkey has to be reinstalled on the new one and the DVD drive has to be dumped again.

Yes and no.
TU's won't be downloaded and the dashboard must be downloaded from xbox.com.

Best is to RGH the banned console.
Far better solution then to keep it banned ;p

nunski

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Assuming you do not care about playing on Xbox Live or about being banned.. what type of errors in AGBX360 should you be concerned with?

LoggerMan

Trophies
XP
Country
Has there been any major updates to this guide since it was created? I haven't been having any problems, my xkey works like a dream, with Live and everything.

SAXJONZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@DinoScene, thanks for your help even though, to most, this scene may be already dead. It's challenging to find information all these years later and links to download stuff like this abgx to check your isos. I couldn't get my key to read the hard drive for two reasons and it was because someone on one of the videos I watched and somewhere else that I read said the the games folder had to be all lower case. I actually tried it both ways but when I left it to sit for 30 minutes the key updated from the drive and recognized my isos in the game folder. I am trying to find this program to check my iso's and it seems most of the links are dead. Do you know if this is still working and where I can find to download it? Thanks for the tut and all of the stuff you have contributed over the years.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@DinoScene, thanks for your help even though, to most, this scene may be already dead. It's challenging to find information all these years later and links to download stuff like this abgx to check your isos. I couldn't get my key to read the hard drive for two reasons and it was because someone on one of the videos I watched and somewhere else that I read said the the games folder had to be all lower case. I actually tried it both ways but when I left it to sit for 30 minutes the key updated from the drive and recognized my isos in the game folder. I am trying to find this program to check my iso's and it seems most of the links are dead. Do you know if this is still working and where I can find to download it? Thanks for the tut and all of the stuff you have contributed over the years.

Edit: I found the file and downloaded it, still working on getting it to install.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Mirror link in the OP should still be functional.
I urge you to properly read the entire tutorial, especially since ABGX hasn't been updated in a long time and requires a tiny work around to function properly again.

Reactions: SAXJONZ

SAXJONZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to download it and got it to work, exciting, tried to patch a Pal game to NTSB and while it listed both pal and NTSB it didn’t work. How to change region code is next challenge.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over