Hacking Starfox update disabled acekard2i

d0m1n10n

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
Hi all

Have just purchased starfox, it forced an update on me and now my Acekard2i has stopped working, anyone else encounter this problem?

ta

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
Starfox 3D forces updates?

Well, you'll have to update the firmware, easiest way to do that is to get a DS Lite, or a DSi that your Acekard works on, and apply the DSi Firmware patch.

If you want, you can use FlashcartHelper (in my signature), and that will download the patch for you, all you have to do is put it on your MicroSD and run it on your Acekard. Just select "DSi Firmware Fixes", then "Acekard 2i", and it'll walk you through it.

azariaspice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't had any problems with mine, and Star Fox didn't force a patch on me. You must not have been up-to-date then. They must make you update if there's a newer version of the firmware when a game comes out. Smooth move Nintendo....

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
azariaspice said:
I haven't had any problems with mine, and Star Fox didn't force a patch on me. You must not have been up-to-date then. They must make you update if there's a newer version of the firmware when a game comes out. Smooth move Nintendo....

Updates packed with a game should be expected from now on.
wink.gif

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
Yeah it's no different than Wii or PSP or PS3. Never update officially, wait for the cracked/spoofed update

d0m1n10n

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
I now have the acekard working on my dslite using your app (cool) what do i need to do know to get it working on the 3ds?

thanks

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
synce said:
Yeah it's no different than Wii or PSP or PS3. Never update officially, wait for the cracked/spoofed update
Since there are none of those for the 3DS.... simply wait for an update for your flashcart to be released before updating.

lestatbytes

leaving without a trace..
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
FIX94 said:
Oh no nintendo now updates via games too! I already hated it on the wii...

didn't encounter any force update with mine..

3DS @early stage,... Nintendo will do anything to secure it, but ofc those are usually temporary since there's lots of 733t ready to take on whatever Big N throws at em. its just a matter of time or it takes time depends on their dedication/spare time,.

so its really not a good idea to update if u don't know what ur gonna miss, most haxor/scener prolly gonna messed with v2.1.0-4
so ill stick with it.

i wonder if some1 already tried/trying to build a down-grader tho its too early, just like the ps3 scene,. neways
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    they be like which lite firefox exe pls
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Wut.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    GM all
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    butt
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    douche
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Touché.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Push it :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Talk about propaganda.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    California has already banned those additives BTW.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Psi has been banned in the state of California.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I am the cancer!!! lol
    Yayyy got arcade games on the Pi working lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
    Now to spend 6 months deleting all the garbage lol
    Mame should be two sets one for preservation of everything and one set for people who just want to play and enjoy the old old ganes
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Mame should be two sets one for preservation of everything and one set for people who just want...