StarCraft: Remastered announced

After months of rumors and potential leaks, Blizzard has finally announced that their classic title from 1998, StarCraft, will be getting a remaster. Releasing this summer, StarCraft: Remastered will offer a complete graphical overhaul, widescreen support for up to 4K resolution, and a re-recorded soundtrack as well as redone voice acting. Content from the Brood War expansion will be included too, alongside LAN and online play options. The game will launch on Mac and Windows sometime this Summer.

Pingpong

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Looks like a good graphics update, but I was done with this game in y2k. A guy I know still plays these starcraft games but I don't get it. I've done everything in the game and it just got old.

VitaType

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks to the art style the game was already ugly was it was first released.
The only good thing I see about that remaster is that there will be alot of multiplayer going on again (thanks to te incoming steam hype ;)).
Beside that it really isn't a game that needs a remaster. It's still nice to play (just play 1-2hours to get used to it).
On the other hand I know some people who played it already many years ago only in window mode, because they disliked the large pixels on there CRT screens in fullscreen mode...
But speaking of RTS, where is our Warcraft 4 and Age of Empires 4 (and no AoE3Mobile and AoEO don't count)? :D

wow im rdy to play:) soo nice next is c&c1 reremasterd
And Red Alert 2.

Last edited by VitaType,

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well ill still be playing the original. I'm not re-buying the game. I'm surprised they are leaving lan mode. Will it even be a disc release? i bet not. I have my original discs and even the box lol.For lan mode i just mount the iso off my server. much easier that way since there was no copy protection.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want Warcraft to get the same treatment. Warcraft and Warcraft 2 are in need of an HD overhaul like Age of Empires 2 HD and even Warcraft 3 would look great with some HD touchups also.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.