OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If I'm going to get a PSP soon, it's going to be the one that comes with Battlefront Renegade Squadron. That is a Slim, right? Do we know for sure if that edition of the PSP is infact flashable?

I don't really care for most homebrew on the PSP save for the emulators. Just playing the ISOs and Emulators would make me happy. If the Star Wars Edition PSP can do those, then to me it's considered sold.

Seccom Masada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't see why it'd be different, it wasn't released that far apart from the other Lite package, was it? And I could've sworn I'd seen Star Wars 3.71-2's on ebay, if that's any indication.

EDIT: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_P..._configurations

Also, same here; if it can run S/NES/PS1/P, then I could care less about the rest of it.

Oh, and nethack.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The Wiki on the Slim said:
Eventually the M33 team was able to release custom firmware that was compatible with the new PSP Slim & Lites.

Okay, that answers my question. How difficult/tricky is it to do?

Well do you know someone with a phat psp running custom firmware?
Yes, my friend Matt. He had no idea what to do so I actually set it up for him myself. Is it pretty much the same exact procedure?

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ ^

Somewhat. It's still very simple to do.

Make a Pandahttp://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=75901

and then...

Use it to flash CFW onto Slimhttp://pspupdates.qj.net/Lounger-s-M33-installation-guide-by-for-PSP-Slim/pg/49/aid/102187
http://pspupdates.qj.net/Lounger-s-M33-installation-guide-by-for-PSP-Slim/pg/49/aid/102187

^ Those are what I used to flash a couple Slims
wink.gif

Great choice BTW, I waited until the Star Wars Edition PSP came out to buy one for myself, as well, should be nabbing it soon. Sho pwetty
wub.gif

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Will three batteries be involved in the end, The Slim's, the Normal's, and the Pandora? Or is one going to permenantly become the Pandora? Can you not just use the Pandora battery like normal?

Could someone clarify the Pandora Battery thing, please?

**Oh my god...57 steps? Seriously?
ohmy.gif

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Will three batteries be involved in the end, The Slim's, the Normal's, and the Pandora? Or is one going to permenantly become the Pandora? Can you not just use the Pandora battery like normal?

Could someone clarify the Pandora Battery thing, please?

**Oh my god...57 steps? Seriously?Â
ohmy.gif

Last I checked, it wasn't that hard
tongue.gif

I got a slim actually a few hours before the hax came out for it. Mind you, I already had a Pandora Battery and MemStick... Just had to copy 1 file to my memstick, run the app on the Phat PSP which converted Pandora to read on the Slim, inserted in Slim, pressed X, and BAM. Done
smile.gif

There are many GUI based programs to make a Pandora Battery, so no worries
smile.gif

You can use the Pandora Battery as normal with a special IPL on the memory stick. Heck, you can always revert the Pandora Battery back to it's original state.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Using the Pandora Battery as a real battery with the IPL (What's this?), that wouldn't damage the battery or the handheld in the long run would it?

Also, I'm still confused. Do I have to use a battery from a fat PSP?

Hiratai

I'm like *tick* *tick*
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Using the Pandora Battery as a real battery with the IPL (What's this?), that wouldn't damage the battery or the handheld in the long run would it?

Also, I'm still confused. Do I have to use a battery from a fat PSP?

Sorry, lemme explain: IPL stands for Initial Program Load -- A custom one was developed for Pandora batteries. Yes, you will need to use the battery from the Phat one, as slim batteries do not work.

What happens when you make a Pandora Battery, is the software writes a custom serial number to the battery: 0xFFFFFFFF -- This will ALWAYS trigger service mode. With the custom IPL that was developed, if it is on your memory stick, instead of booting into service mode, it will boot as a regular battery.

No, this will not damage the handheld or battery. It's just bypassing a serial check
smile.gif

shadowboy

:D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
^Like 30 bucks. Or you could get the datel battery, but those bastards stole the code for it from the pandora crew (Noobz, I believe) so screw them.

Seccom Masada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Didn't Sony start making non-pandora compatible batteries as of late? I imagine this would include new fat PSP batteries if they want to cover their bases.

Also, the Datel Max Power Tool's seem to be MIA, i.e. not in stock anywhere that I've looked, at least. Discontinued? EDIT: Apparently not, Divineo just shipped mine. Whatever.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Didn't Sony start making non-pandora compatible batteries as of late? I imagine this would include new fat PSP batteries if they want to cover their bases.

Also, the Datel Max Power Tool's seem to be MIA, i.e. not in stock anywhere that I've looked, at least. Discontinued?
Oh yippee, so I'm probably gonna have a hard time finding a compatable battery in a store, then?
frown.gif

*Oh wait. I can use my friend's fat battery temporarly just to flash it, then just turn it back to normal for him and switch to the Slim's Original Battery, right?

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay then I just have to force my friend over the day I get it! Alrightie then! Thanks for the help, everyone!

Now one last request. Earlier in this topic someone referenced there was a Graphical GUI/Program to make a battery into a Pandora on it's own? Care to point it my way?

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never came across a GUI, but creating it manually is incredibly simple.

As for the extra phat battery, you don't really need one. You can simply revert any phat battery (that has been Panda'd) back to it's normal, original state after using it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.