Star Wars Battlefront II Details and Release Date Revealed

2.jpg

Today at Star Wars Celebration, EA and Lucasfilm Ltd. revealed details and the release date of Star Wars Battlefront II.The game will release on November 17, 2017 worldwide for PS4, Xbox One and PC.

The single player campaign will deliver a new story based in the Star Wars universe, taking place 30 years between the destruction of Death Star II and through the rise of the First Order. The story introduces Iden Versio, the leader of Inferno Squad, an elite special forces unit of the Galactic Empire, who are equally lethal on the ground and in space. In addition to Iden, players will also encounter and play as other icons in the like of Luke Skywalker and Kylo Ren during the campaign.

Battlefront II can also be played in multiplayer, with modes supporting up to 40 players and taking fans through iconic locations from all three eras: prequel, classic and new trilogy, including new in-game locations such as Yavin 4’s jungle canopies, the spaceport town of Mos Eisley, and Starkiller Base. Players can choose from an array of land and air vehicles and master their own hero’s journey, with customizable character progression across heroes, villains, troopers and starfighters.

The highly requested galactic-scale space combat will also feature in the game, allowing players to drop into the cockpit of the galaxy’s iconic ships, weave between asteroid fields and fly through imperial dockyards in high stakes dogfights.

Pre-orders will get bonus content inspired by the upcoming Star Wars™: The Last Jedi™. Players looking to get into the game earlier can do so with the Star Wars Battlefront II: Elite Trooper Deluxe Edition starting on November 14th, or through the Play First Trials on EA Access and Origin Access‡ starting November 9th.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

Reactions: Deleted-379826

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
While I have my share of disagreements on things this guy says he does lay the groundwork for how I approach star wars

I also missed the battlefront title back when.

When my brother got a PS4 he ended up with a copy of the ea battlefront and it kind of bored me like most other games, though the dying every 2 seconds thing did not endear me to it at all. I am sort of tempted to go back now I am more used to battlefield 4 but I doubt it will be anything amazing so it would almost be an intellectual exercise instead.

As far as this is concerned I have previously covered my general approach to games is to consider the potential -- who cares if disney channel tie in game for live action show of the moment is crap, they all are? If something with potential to be really good comes up short then that is a different matter. With this in mind this almost feels like one of those smaller devs sees Call of Duty's money and thinks they will have a pop at things, stuff I have learned does not have much potential really so meh. Which is amusing given how much money will probably be pumped into this.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Glad I wasn't the only one with that problem lol
I watched the death crawl on the screen at one point and it seemed most people were, that or they got lost somewhere and saw absolutely nothing for minutes at a time. I am not sure what to place the blame on though. At least when I play battlefield it seems to be because I poked my head out of cover just that little bit too much for a better shot and caught the eye of a passing tank, or because my team all are there for the heroic death thing rather than working as a team and doing better.

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The Good:
- More offline content aka Campaign mode additionally to that stupid horde mode that you can play in splitscreen (splitscreen is consoles only for whatever reason)
- Campaign mode is from Empire's perspective, a nice change of pace since the majority of these sidestories were always about Rebels
- Space battles (one of my fav things from the original Battlefront 2)
- All Era's, prequels AND new Trillogy stuff. Also on the Cover image you can see CIS ships so yeah they're going all in on the Era department
- Classes return
- NO F*CKING SEASONPASS AT ALL. THIS IS MADNESS! CHAOS EVERYWHERE, CATS AND DOGS LIVING TOGETHER, COWS CAN FLY, WHAT IS HAPPENING!

The Bad:
- Biggest game modes are still limited to 40 people and space battles are limited to 24 people. I expect Space battles to lack that element where you would land with a carrier in the enemy hangar to infiltrate it and destroy from the inside. Also manning Canons on the main ship wont be a thing. I wonder if we will have to choose our ships from the hangar at all or if you will just spawn randomly in space. Anyhow spacebattle mode is probably under-cooked but they could adress it in a future update.
- Since there is no season pass there are multiple indications that there will be a Overwatch-like loot crate microtransaction system. This wouldn't be bad by itself if character progression wasn't tied to it, which it seems is the case. Of course you can skip all that noise with some characters if you pay the deluxe edition & preorder the game.
- Still no information whenever Bots & the Galactic Conquest game mode is a thing. It would be a nice addition to the offline portion of the game, especially if it has splitscreen.

Overall I'm impressed with the reveal of this game. As someone who didn't buy the first reboot of battlefront due to lack of content, lack of features & the existence of a 50$ season pass I'm very optimistic about this one.
Especially since they're now not trying to mimic movie canon and are dipping into the new expanded universe. I'd still be cautious because well it's EA.

Last edited by CathyRina,
Reactions: Ridge

Most-Wanted

3D OLED TV'S /o/
Trophies
XP
Country
So they made the first one the most expensive Beta trial in existence, instead of paying people to beta test the game and fix/create tons of content they get people to Pay them instead..

rad3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty firmly against installing Origin on my PC. Sometimes games tempt me, but so far I haven't really felt let down by my no Origin policy. The first new Battlefront game they came out with gave me some pretty intense impulsively want to buy feels, but having sat on those feels a while, I'm pretty happy I didn't waste my time and money. This time it feels easier, it'll be just like last time, but part 2.

Last edited by rad3ds,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night