Star Wars Battlefront releases November 17th for PC, PS4 & Xbox One

chavosaur

Chavo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Que the blasting Lucas orchestra, Star Wars battlefront is on its way to our galaxy!​
EA has finally shed some light on its upcoming Star Wars title, with an avid mindset of having the game come out this holiday 2015. There is a high chance that the game will be released in conjunction with Star Wars: The Force Awakens, releasing December of this year.​
EA has also confirmed more light will be shed on the project at the upcoming Star Wars celebration in Anaheim California, April 16 to 19th.​

"We could not think of a better or more appropriate place to debut the game officially for the first time than the premier event that celebrates the Star Wars universe and the legions of fans who have fallen in love with it," EA announced on their site.

"Star Wars: Battlefront 3" is a first person shooter video game, which is actually EA Digital Illusions CE's take on what the "Battlefront" series should be. Two previous versions of the game were developed by other developers, namely Free Radical Design, Pandemic Studios and Rebellion Developments. In May 2013, EA signed an exclusive deal with Disney for rights to develop certain Star Wars games.

:arrow: Source

The game is most likely going to run on DICE's frostbite 3 engine, the exact same engine used in the Battlefield franchise.

Needless to say, I am very excited for the release of the next Battlefront game. In conjunction with The Force Awakens this coming holiday, I think Star Wars fans alike will have a lot to keep them busy this season!

Reactions: Margen67 and XDel
D

Deleted User

Holiday 2015 isn't news, they said the same thing at E3 last year.

I sure hope they wont fuck up this one, prolly first fps i've been actually waiting for in years.
Same here, I used to be a hardcore FPS fan but there's been nothing good over the past few years. I actually built my PC anticipating this, though I'm thinking of downgrading my PC and getting an Xbox One as I'm not happywith the current state of PC gaming. But I'm worried they will shaft visual quality in favor of an unnecessary framerate on XB1 like most companies seem to do these days.
This part concerns me though: "EA Digital Illusions CE's take on what the "Battlefront" series should be."
I wasn't a fan of EA's take of Mass Effect nor am I a fan of their other shooters.

Ashtonx

n0l1f3
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Moving from pc to xbone sounds like a downgrade indeed. I can understand people who get ps, since sony usually has some nice exclusives but xbone ?

D

Deleted User

I can understand people who get ps, since sony usually has some nice exclusives
As of Budokai 3's multiplat remaster that is no longer true.
I can't see any reason to buy a Sony console, Dragon Ball games are always multiplat now (the only real reason Budokai 3 didn't get a GC release was due to disc size) and play much better with an Xbox controller, in addition to better versions of Dragon Ball games there's Halo, Perfect Dark, Conker and a more stable and secure online service on Xbox.

Ashtonx

n0l1f3
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
As of Budokai 3's multiplat remaster that is no longer true.
I can't see any reason to buy a Sony console, Dragon Ball games are always multiplat now (the only real reason Budokai 3 didn't get a GC release was due to disc size) and play much better with an Xbox controller, in addition to better versions of Dragon Ball games there's Halo, Perfect Dark, Conker and a more stable and secure online service on Xbox.

To think i lived to times when people describe microsoft product as secure.. i must be getting old.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
SWBF_NewsMedia_Header_Desktop_1920.jpg

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder how this will do. One one hand, The old ones were really good, and this one is made my Dice, who handled the battlefield games very very well. However, on the other, I hope I am not just looking at this through rose colored glasses.

Reactions: nxwing

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over