Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness launch trailer

Ahead of its release next week, Square Enix today released the official launch trailer for its epic sci-fi adventure - STAR OCEAN: Integrity And Faithlessness.

The latest instalment in the STAR OCEAN series, STAR OCEAN: Integrity and Faithlessness, is an epic adventure that introduces seamless transitions between gameplay and dynamic cut scenes. The popular real-time action battle system from previous titles in the series has been overhauled - with improved game mechanics and action sequences for a truly uninterrupted and immersive in-game narrative.
STAR OCEAN: Integrity and Faithlessness will be released in Europe and PAL territories on 1st July 2016 exclusively for the PlayStation 4. The game will be available with English and French in-game text only.

:arrow:Star Ocean Official Site

GuyInDogSuit

Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.
Trophies
Website
www.sniffglueworshipsatan.com
XP
Country
United States
Release date is 6/28/2016 for the North America's "Day One Edition."
The Collector's Edition box set will be $109 USD and includes in-game DLC featuring useful items and selectable battle BGMs by Motoi Sakaruba from the Star Ocean and Valkyrie Profile series, as well as a steelbook, an artbook, art cards, a Pangalactic Federation ID card, and a 16-track OST sampler.

As we already know, 7/1/2016 is the EU's release date. However, it appears that they do not have a base "Day One Edition." Yet. Though I see no Limited Edition for the NA, either. So, there's that.
The UK version will be £84.99 for the CE box set. It has the same items. There is a "Limited Edition" as well, though it contains only the game and DLC in a steelbook.

You can order the Collector's Edition box set ONLY on the Square-Enix store. Not sure about the Limited Edition.

North America SE Store Page
European Union SE Store Page

Meteor7

Guess where this thumb goes.
Trophies
a fit of spasms and accidental black magic
XP
Country
United States

I think this guy did a good job analyzing the game (Japanese release). From what he said, it seems like this game turned out pretty bare-bones and rushed. I'd be a bit wary of getting it day-one, even though he did end up recommending it. The problems with the combat he mentioned turned me off to the game, even though I was excited before (and am one of the people who actually likes SO4.)

Last edited by Meteor7,

GuyInDogSuit

Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.
Trophies
Website
www.sniffglueworshipsatan.com
XP
Country
United States
It looks so bad. I'm eager to play it. It's a pity I still don't have a PS4, but one of these days perhaps.
I'm hoping we'll see a PC and Xbox One release sometime down the line. I agree, it does look kinda bad considering it's a latest-gen game. Problem is, they're sticking to the style that it started with, which is anime. Trash anime, at that. I've seen PS3 games handle that style much better.

Sakurabas music and this graphics are killing the game I'm afraid.

Still tasting the 4th game, which was a shame.
I do like some of his tracks, though they take on an odd variety of styles in most of the games. I haven't played through Dark Souls yet (still working on Witcher 3 and Fallout 4), but I do remember liking some of the stuff from early SO and the Tales of series.
The graphics really aren't much of an improvement over The Last Hope. I never did play that one (sold my Xbox 360 when I was in dire straits, and my PS3 broke down).

I think this guy did a good job analyzing the game (Japanese release). From what he said, it seems like this game turned out pretty bare-bones and rushed. I'd be a bit wary of getting it day-one, even though he did end up recommending it. The problems with the combat he mentioned turned me off to the game, even though I was excited before (and am one of the people who actually likes SO4.)

Question is, were there any patches released since this video? It's possible they've improved the game since then. What I find interesting is that the official site boasts seamless gameplay, with no swirl or screen changes before battles, which is a vast change from the previous games. I'm guessing visible enemies on the map?

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Star Ocean has basically just become a mediocre Tales of clone. The music really doesn't help in this case. It's great, but it's also literally just a Tales of soundtrack.

Too bad cuz the classic Star Ocean games were pretty fun.

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I do like some of his tracks, though they take on an odd variety of styles in most of the games. I haven't played through Dark Souls yet (still working on Witcher 3 and Fallout 4), but I do remember liking some of the stuff from early SO and the Tales of series.

Star Ocean has basically just become a mediocre Tales of clone. The music really doesn't help in this case. It's great, but it's also literally just a Tales of soundtrack.
The problem with the music is, that it's been used far to often. Tales of, Eternal Sonata, Baten Kaitos, Star Ocean .. the list goes on.

I can literally tell in the first 2 seconds that it is Sakuraba.

Taken out of my short term memory.

Reactions: netovsk

sneef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem with the music is, that it's been used far to often. Tales of, Eternal Sonata, Baten Kaitos, Star Ocean .. the list goes on.

I can literally tell in the first 2 seconds that it is Sakuraba.

Taken out of my short term memory.

Very good post! lol... I felt like it was all too familiar, but I've never heard sakuraba's work from these different projects juxtaposed like that before.. UNBELIEVABLE how he stays within such a narrow creative field, relying on the same dynamic and style for all these different projects. funny thing is, I always had that feeling like something was too 'generic' when playing baten kaitos and also tales of vesperia, but couldn't figure out what the issue was.. the games looked good for their time, and had all the elements I'd usually be excited about.. now i'm thinking the soundtrack was just too reminiscent of others, and subconsciously, I was turned off by that.

man... i typed all that 4 or 5 days ago.. meant to post it, but got interrupted. I just opened my laptop to find it still unposted, days later.. oops

Reactions: Bimmel

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.