Star Fox Zero delayed to Spring 2016

star-fox-zero-header.jpg

Today, Shigeru Miyamoto announced that the release date for the Wii U title will be pushed back. Miyamoto says the game could technically be released at this point, but he wants to spend more time polishing the gameplay and cutscenes. Is it a wise choice to delay one of the Wii U's few big holiday titles?

:arrow: Source

yoyoyo69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't even expect the NX to be a console in the traditional sense of the word. From what I understand it's supposed to be sold alongside the 3DS and the Wii U.

This is what the biggest rumours suggested. Seems most likely the way they're delaying the big hitters.

Not entirely sure how it will tie in / enhance with Wii U

Hyperstar96

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know.

I'm honestly not expecting the NX to be released until late 2016, maybe early 2017.
Agreed. Assuming it is a traditional console, I think late 2017 at the earliest would be best. That would give Wii U a five-year life span (common for Nintendo consoles, maybe a little generous for Wii U). And let's face it: Sony and Microsoft won't release their next consoles until late 2018 at the earliest (late 2019 would be more likely) since they both really want to make sure their consoles are long lasting if PS3/360 are any indication. Unless NX is late 2017 (latest case) and everything else is late 2018 (earliest case), NX will throw off the generation system that consoles have always used, meaning they had better take the time to make it good enough to justify that.
I don't even expect the NX to be a console in the traditional sense of the word. From what I understand it's supposed to be sold alongside the 3DS and the Wii U.
On the other hand, if this is the case, then for all we know Nintendo could only be calling the NX a third pillar in the sense that the DS was a third pillar. They can use the reasoning as an excuse to fall back to their other systems if it's a flop, but NX is definitely meant to be the successor of Wii U and maybe 3DS. That's my two cents, anyway.

EddCase

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hmmm, well, looks like I'll be playing even more of Star Fox: Event Horizon to get my SF fix for a while. I'm not gonna complain though, SFEH is shaping up to be an excellent game and I always welcome more polish in a first-party Nintendo title.
Wow, Star Fox: Event Horizon looks epic, downloading the demo now.

Reactions: Arecaidian Fox

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To those that wanted this game delayed, thank you so bloody much. :rolleyes: Some holiday this is gonna be.

So we have Yoshi's Woolly World...and Xenoblade...but other than that....LAME.

Uhhh yeah, sure, okay XD :lol:
Holiday? Yoshi is in October. I'd hardly call that holiday. All we have left is Animal Crossing, Mario Tennis, Xenoblade and Devil's Third. -Maybe Devil's Third might actually sell a few copies now. LMFAO!

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holiday? Yoshi is in October. I'd hardly call that holiday. All we have left is Animal Crossing, Mario Tennis, Xenoblade and Devil's Third. -Maybe Devil's Third might actually sell a few copies now. LMFAO!

Yoshi? Pfft, that game doesn't interest me, like, at all. Xenoblade is the other one, Devils Turd can suck it; that game was overhyped.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I hope it's because of those horrible motion controls. I'll never play the game if they don't add the option to remove them completely.

Yeah, just like the DS was supposed to be the "third pillar". If a console sells, Nintendo will just switch to it and that's it.

Reactions: HaloEffect17

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yeah, just like the DS was supposed to be the "third pillar". If a console sells, Nintendo will just switch to it and that's it.
With the same breath you have to say "like the Virtual Boy was a third pillar and failed miserably". In fact, I'd argue that the whole "DS being a third pillar" hooplaloo was all smoke and mirrors anyways - it was natively compatible with GBA games and it was a natural progression of the hardware design judging by the SP, bar the touchscreen which was an experiment. The GBA Micro was never an actual continuation of the Game Boy line to me, rather just a vanity item for collectors. Things were different with the Virtual Boy which was something "new" from the ground up. Anywho, my point is that I get the feeling they want to try something new without burning bridges behind them - if it's adopted by the masses, great, they'll head that direction, if not, they have their older brands to cushion them.

FusionGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do people really think the NX will be released before late 2016?

The state of the Wii U tells me it will.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

pikmin 4 and Genbei iroku (Fire Emblem tensei) for near the end of 2015.

Where'd you hear 2015? It's release year and platform haven't been announced yet.

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What the hell are they doing with their time? Scratching their butt?
..it seems all they do is updating their consoles and reporting their games for later.. total lazy year for SmallN...

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What the hell are they doing with their time? Scratching their butt?
..it seems all they do is updating their consoles and reporting their games for later.. total lazy year for SmallN...
If they want to add more polish, be it more streamlined code, better visuals, whatever, it is welcome. I'd rather wait a few more months and get a good game versus a decent or even broken one now.

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If they want to add more polish, be it more streamlined code, better visuals, whatever, it is welcome. I'd rather wait a few more months and get a good game versus a decent or even broken one now.
I agree, read correctly what i.ve wrote.. i'm not saying they should not, i'm saying they waste their time :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My therapy chair is padded