Hacking SSSB JAP and SSSB US Save games?

arthurkok2

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Is there any word on getting the Jap version save game to work on the US version?! I unlocked all the characters and it sucks (well not really, the game's fun) to have to play it again.?

Thx!

Prophet

Resident Black Militant
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This might be quite easy to do. But I'd need to see a clean US and JAP save. The ones that are created before anything is unlocked or any matches are even played. From there a compare would be quite simple, and should highlight what part of the saves are different based purely on region. I'd go create the saves but i'm not sure how many people this would actually prove useful for.
unsure.gif
I for one never played anything but VS with the jap version.

MystikEkoez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uhh.. Last time I checked, you can't transfer Brawl's game saves, much less modifying them. Besides, I got the game at Sunday 12AM and unlocked all the characters already.

MystikEkoez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Subspace Emissary was the way I unlocked all the characters. Played on Hard, the boss was a beast. Tried to back up on an SD card, and the data for Brawl specifically cannot be copied.

DarkCamui

Trophies
XP
Country
Some people are just dumb lol. The save files are regionbased so for example SSBB JAP, SSBB USA and SSBB PAL which will be out in Australia and Europe so no.

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
geez people.. every game has a gamecode, and a region code. Therefore it will -NOT- read the JAP savegame in the US game. You cannot copy the savegame, therefore not edit it. Then why are you all still askin the same thing over n over
tongue.gif

Like Deofusion, why would it work if jap -> ntsc doesn't work? is australia special?
tongue.gif
(by the way all australian games are PAL, i.e. the same as UK copies)

deoFusion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
manias said:
geez people.. every game has a gamecode, and a region code. Therefore it will -NOT- read the JAP savegame in the US game. You cannot copy the savegame, therefore not edit it. Then why are you all still askin the same thing over n over
tongue.gif

Like Deofusion, why would it work if jap -> ntsc doesn't work?

I didn't know that the save files themselves were region coded. I figured that the reason why JAP saves wouldn't be compatible was due to being from a different language game. So I though that US saves might work with an Australian copy as they are both English. I'm guessing in theory, it would be possible to convert the save to PAL (Australia/UK)?

manias said:
is australia special?
tongue.gif

Yes, indeed.

QUOTE(manias @ Mar 11 2008, 09:19 PM)
(by the way all australian games are PAL, i.e. the same as UK copies)

I already know this.

Last edited by deoFusion,

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
no, it is not possible to convert the save, as we cannot get it off of the wii
tongue.gif
cannot copy it
And language isn't the problem, it's the region.. in the savegame file it's just code, not japanese or english. So they have to link to that specific game, usually some number with U E or J (us, europe, japan).. something along those lines

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte