Hacking SSBB Mod ISO Builder

Should ProjectM Full Set and Wifi-Safe versions share same GameID or have different GameIDs?

• Total voters

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
not if the original game calls for fighters\poketrainer\ which isn't used in PM

I think that's why it states, you need to do a normal match first for some cheats to apply (changing the call for fighters\poketrainer\ to something else)
I can't test it right now, but maybe can you or someone else test, if you can play subspace emissary completely while making sure to follow this?

The Subspace Emissary

SSE is now playable, but has several avoidable glitches.
-SSE now uses normal attributes
-Before entering SSE, some codes need to be initialized by starting a regular match first. Most notably, Dark Ice Climbers in The Great Maze will crash if you don't.
-Certain reflection, such as Ganon's, don't work.
-The turbo item sometimes gives both the turbo and curry effect
-Certain Physics codes, such as being able to wall jump on the same wall twice, are not active in SSE
-Galleom and Duon use Mewtwo's and Roy's soundbanks respectively.

-Pokémon Trainer related glitches:
--Pokémon Trainer is listed as Mewtwo in the menu.
--Squirtle can't switch to other Pokémon.
--Using a costume over the default Pokémon slots (particularly Squirtle) can put the player over the memory limit and crash.
--If Kirby is in your party when you fight Dark Pokémon Trainer in The Great Maze or if Pokémon Trainer is in your party when you fight Kirby in The Great Maze or the Midair Stadium, the game will crash.
--In 2 player SSE, if Player 2 is Pokémon Trainer, Player 1 cannot interact with doors properly.
--Dying as Pokémon Trainer in certain fights can cause crashes.

Edit: I added compatibility to Project M Patt Edition 3.5-01 to the batch file, I will attach the file here, but you can also get it from the first post, I edited it in :-)
also added some new checks, so that it will now tell you, if you are using an invalid and scrubbed .iso

Attachments

• Build_ISO.rar
    6.1 KB · Views: 686

eskimoform

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you read this? maybe, something here applies to you and causes your freezes? I didn't test subspace emissary myself, I can test it in a couple of hours after work

Yeah, ive made sure to start a vs game first and im not using any costumes. I can only assume something about building an iso is causing it to use more memory, but it would be nice to have someone else try it.

edit: also yes my file checks out as unscrubbed.

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah, ive made sure to start a vs game first and im not using any costumes. I can only assume something about building an iso is causing it to use more memory, but it would be nice to have someone else try it.

edit: also yes my file checks out as unscrubbed.

does it work normaly, when you don't use the pre-build iso, but load it from sd instead?
also, did you check, if you have any older projectm files on sd, maybe they are interfering? (in the private folder)

eskimoform

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
clearing private didnt help, and i really dont have the means to test it with just the sd, the problem seems to be with squirtle, but i have no costumes for him im sure its passing the memory limit because of him.

edit: just tried something weird, i copied the gct and renamed it rsbepm and ran it through ocarina but it didnt change a thing. i could try some more hooktypes but i only tried axnextframe, ill try a few others and see if i get anything different.

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
clearing private didnt help, and i really dont have the means to test it with just the sd, the problem seems to be with squirtle, but i have no costumes for him im sure its passing the memory limit because of him.

edit: just tried something weird, i copied the gct and renamed it rsbepm and ran it through ocarina but it didnt change a thing. i could try some more hooktypes but i only tried axnextframe, ill try a few others and see if i get anything different.

was out all day/night with buddies, tomorrow is a national holiday for us, so basically I was having a nice friday evening out with my friends today, so I couldn't give any real help today.
first thing tomorrow morning, I will start up my iso on my WiiU and test that subspace emissary and report back to you

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RSBEPM Project M & RSBEBM Brawl Minus & RSBEBP Brawl Plus & RSBEBB Balanced Brawl with custom sound

2qk81fc.jpg

14llfyg.jpg

icspdf.jpg

29ztuux.jpg

Can be downloaded via Wiiflow
or manually:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/101209384/RSBEPM.bnr
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/101209384/RSBEBM.bnr
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/101209384/RSBEBP.bnr
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/101209384/RSBEBB.bnr

All done
Enjoy :)

I tried building a iso of ProjectM v3.5 with this banner file https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/101209384/RSBEPM.bnr and when its all done put iso on hdd boot up gx all i get is a black screen insted of the banner playing what could be wrong?

toddtj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I just wanted to say thanks for the work on this. This program is very smooth and simple to use and I really appreciate it existing. A few days ago I made myself a PM 3.5 wbfs file and I'm very happy with it! No glitches, as far as I can tell.

Unrelated to that, I have a question regarding the limitations of this program. I've seen it said here that BrawlEX is incompatible with this process because it looks for files on the SD and would need to be specifically reworked to look for them on the disc; That makes sense. Does this also mean that cBliss and the SSS expansion codes are incompatible? It seems like they'd have the same problem but I'm not actually sure how they work. Has anyone experimented with this?

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I have a question regarding the limitations of this program. I've seen it said here that BrawlEX is incompatible with this process because it looks for files on the SD and would need to be specifically reworked to look for them on the disc; That makes sense. Does this also mean that cBliss and the SSS expansion codes are incompatible? It seems like they'd have the same problem but I'm not actually sure how they work. Has anyone experimented with this?
I don't know about those codes specifically, but if the code is written to always look for files on the SD, then they will fail. However, if they're written to look on the disc and be automatically redirected to the SD by the File Replacement Code, then they'll work.

I suppose someone with decent ASM skills could fix the codes to look on the disc. It may be as simple as deleting a few lines. I could probably do it myself if I cared enough. BrawlEX in particular bugs me since I love Minus.

toddtj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know about those codes specifically, but if the code is written to always look for files on the SD, then they will fail. However, if they're written to look on the disc and be automatically redirected to the SD by the File Replacement Code, then they'll work.

I suppose someone with decent ASM skills could fix the codes to look on the disc. It may be as simple as deleting a few lines. I could probably do it myself if I cared enough. BrawlEX in particular bugs me since I love Minus.
Ah! Okay, that makes a lot of sense! This means there is a chance, at least, and that's good. Both those codes are older so perhaps they are reliant on the File Replacement Code. You've given me everything I need to start looking into it, thank you!

Lievix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm new here and I don't know if this has alredy been asked before,
Can I use this to play Project M 3.5 on a PAL wii? (I alredy have a NTSC iso and I own a PAL copy)
Also is this compatible with other brawl hacks? Like BrawlEx and derivants?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I use this to play Project M 3.5 on a PAL wii? (I alredy have a NTSC iso and I own a PAL copy)

U eed to use that ntsc iso via usb loading if u want to play project m 3.5

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you can play NTSC PM on a PAL Wii.
But you should also be aware that the PM devs announced that they're making a PAL release.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol