Hacking SSBB Mod ISO Builder

Should ProjectM Full Set and Wifi-Safe versions share same GameID or have different GameIDs?

• Total voters

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Heads up - you can use your 3.02 ISO and upgrade to 3.5, just change RSBE01 near the top to RSBEPM!

not advisable, why would you want to do this? you may corrupt more than do any good yeah it might play but certain aspects have been changed so it's best to always use an original copy to mod

Isabol1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When using your builder, the game came out relatively ok, except for the training room stage
is that an error of the builder? (The platforms don't work)

RSBEPM-87.png

Larsenv

Dr. Wii, Ph.D
Trophies
Website
larsenv.xyz
XP
Country
United States
sure no problem ... wasn't sure, which one was the correct one, as both exist :/
so you are saying WM is the correct one or just a personal preferance?
Yeah, I like that ID better.
(attached file has now PW changed to WM)

edit: also, I would like to know... should I start adding different ProjectM mods to the file again? (3.02 mods...) or wait for these mods to get 3.5 releases and then add them?
Sure

D

Deleted User

need some kind of error report - make a screenshot :-) (and if you want a quick response, make it fast, it is nearly 4 AM here right now, damn time to go to bed XD )

what I think ... when it won't build you an iso, then because it doesn't have the files to do so
if it doesn't have the files, then it didn't extract them
so something is wrong with your original smash iso (wrong location, no space on hdd to extract or scrubbed iso)

here's an album of the before-during-and after http://imgur.com/a/Vn0nh

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
any idea where i can find one

well, you can make a backup of your original Super Smash Bros. Brawl disc, that you surely own, right? o___o
we aren't allowed to link to illegal/copyrighted files here, but I am sure, a quick google search of "super smash bros brawl ntsc iso" would bring up something ;-)
a completely unscrubbed 1:1 backup of the disc should be 7.92 GB in size, just so you know, you got the right file... if you can't find that, I think there are some other backups floating around, having a size of roughly 6.9 GB, I would assume they should also work, but those, that are scrubbed down to something around 5 GB won't be recognized as valid by WIT

D

Deleted User

well, you can make a backup of your original Super Smash Bros. Brawl disc, that you surely own, right? o___o
we aren't allowed to link to illegal/copyrighted files here, but I am sure, a quick google search of "super smash bros brawl ntsc iso" would bring up something ;-)
a completely unscrubbed 1:1 backup of the disc should be 7.92 GB in size, just so you know, you got the right file... if you can't find that, I think there are some other backups floating around, having a size of roughly 6.9 GB, I would assume they should also work, but those, that are scrubbed down to something around 5 GB won't be recognized as valid by WIT

i have it just not at college

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Dont forget about the 4GB scrubbed copy that is floating around it has only one video for the story mode and the O partition is removed which contains all the VC titles along with being scrubbed

Ersan

Trophies
Website
www.ersan.us
XP
Country
United States
GorTesK I used your updated builder for 3.5 and everything seems to work except all-star mode. When attempting to use all-star mode the game just crashes. I tested it using the standard gecko loader on top of brawl and it worked fine but in the ISO it doesn't.

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
GorTesK I used your updated builder for 3.5 and everything seems to work except all-star mode. When attempting to use all-star mode the game just crashes. I tested it using the standard gecko loader on top of brawl and it worked fine but in the ISO it doesn't.

I'm getting ready for work right now, when I get home, I will test it and report back
anyone else experiencing the same issue?

Edit: okay, I managed to start up the game real quick and all stare mode seems to work for me just fine... sure, you did everything right?
need to get to work now... I will check back from work later for your reply

Edit2: obviously, don't have my WiiU with me at work, but I got a laptop here, so I fired up my .iso and checked again ... all seems to work fine, where and when exactly does it crash for you and which "All-Star Mode" do you mean?
this one
aD4aJUI.png
or this one?
rRdWQCW.png
both work for me

eskimoform

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive tried several builds with serveral isos for 3.5 and my one consistent problem is a freeze in subspace when pokemon trainer first appears. i made sure my latest build was using a completely unscrubbed iso.

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ive tried several builds with serveral isos and my one consistent problem is a freeze in subspace when pokemon trainer first appears. i made sure my latest build was using a completely unscrubbed iso.

pokemon trainer has been split into 3 different characters making that section unplayable, if you use the same save slot as the original brawl you can bypass this

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
that is something that should have been fixed in 3.5, replacing it with squirtle in game and mewtwo on the screen. i should simply be able to play through it.
did you read this? maybe, something here applies to you and causes your freezes? I didn't test subspace emissary myself, I can test it in a couple of hours after work
The Subspace Emissary

SSE is now playable, but has several avoidable glitches.
-SSE now uses normal attributes
-Before entering SSE, some codes need to be initialized by starting a regular match first. Most notably, Dark Ice Climbers in The Great Maze will crash if you don't.
-Certain reflection, such as Ganon's, don't work.
-The turbo item sometimes gives both the turbo and curry effect
-Certain Physics codes, such as being able to wall jump on the same wall twice, are not active in SSE
-Galleom and Duon use Mewtwo's and Roy's soundbanks respectively.

-Pokémon Trainer related glitches:
--Pokémon Trainer is listed as Mewtwo in the menu.
--Squirtle can't switch to other Pokémon.
--Using a costume over the default Pokémon slots (particularly Squirtle) can put the player over the memory limit and crash.
--If Kirby is in your party when you fight Dark Pokémon Trainer in The Great Maze or if Pokémon Trainer is in your party when you fight Kirby in The Great Maze or the Midair Stadium, the game will crash.
--In 2 player SSE, if Player 2 is Pokémon Trainer, Player 1 cannot interact with doors properly.
--Dying as Pokémon Trainer in certain fights can cause crashes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: yes? Interesting way to get Hi