Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think I've figured it out!

I replaced ROOT/sound/smashbros_sound.brsar with the same file from the Japanese iso. I tested it by playing with Ike. His voice was in japanese
biggrin.gif

Ghostly

Trophies
XP
Country
abc99 said:
Sonikku said:
paOol said:
Sonikku said:
Well, I got the US iso and I tried replacing the _ja files with the _en files. It worked, mostly. Because a few files were bigger than the original. So unless there is a way to replace those files with bigger ones, the game won't be fully English using this method.

what parts were in english and what parts werent?
would it be easier to modify the US ISO and just replace the voices?

Maybe it is. I'll try it when I get back from school

Good luck on your project. If you want to make a patch for your new iso to share with us, try xdelta. I made a 9mb dvd9 -> dvd5 SSBB (U) patch with this app.

xdelta:
http://code.google.com/p/xdelta/wiki/CommandLineSyntax

Where can I find this DVD9 to 5 patch?
biggrin.gif

Sonikku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
awofadeju said:
So is it possible 2 convert jap brawl into english because i dnt really want 2 loose my save data and start playing the english version

You can do it by replacing the ???_ja.??? files with the ???_en.??? files from the english version. Btu since some _en files are bigger than the _ja files, It'll only be 80% or so in english

abc99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sonikku said:
Do it like it's said here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=78029

but before step 6, replace ROOT/sound/smashbros_sound.brsar with ROOT/sound/smashbros_sound.brsar from the Japanese iso. That should do the trick.

Thanks for this info.

I replaced this file, but can't really tell the difference. Is there an easy way to tell if the J voices are in place? Pit's forward windmill attack has a distintive 'yee-yee-yee' found that MIGHT sound different with the J audio file, but I can't tell.

Sonikku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
just try Pit's D-Pad Right Taunt. In japanese he says "mada mada" or something, while in english its something completely different.

Another thing, which cannot be avoided, is that the announcer also uses japanese names. bowser is called koopa in japanese, so in the character select screen, just click on him, and if the announcer says koopa (and not bowser) you did it right.

but the best way to try out if it works are still the Taunts.
wink.gif

MarcoZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Or maybe a lot less. Someone just needs to know how to extract all the audio from that file and then repack it with modded tracks.

StacMaster-S

Trophies
Website
www.halolz.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm interested to see where this stuff goes... the U.S. voices really bother me that's for sure... I would be more than willing to try resigning another ISO to see if it works.

Did we actually get any solid verification that replacing that one file updates the voices?

sushireed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Akdul said:
Replacing all the files from the sound directory (except the strm dir - which contains music files) works great.

so what you're talking about is taking the jap sound files and overwriting the english ones... as opposed to taking the USA text files and overwriting the jap ones on the NTSC-J iso (i.e. what people did who had a jap wii but wanted an english Super Mario Galaxy... they just used Trucha and overwrote the japanese text files with the NTSC-U english ones)??

Either way, if you get it working, let us know! Good luck

Sonikku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
just replacing ROOT/sound/smashbros_sound.brsar worked fine for me.
I havent had any problems with the game because of it. And all of the voices are in japanese.

I don't know about the movies though, I have the DVD5 version

slimfady

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Sonikku said:
I think I've figured it out!

I replaced ROOT/sound/smashbros_sound.brsar with the same file from the Japanese iso. I tested it by playing with Ike. His voice was in japanese
biggrin.gif

That's exactly what i did. It works perfect!!
I did it for the sake of getting DeDeDe's announcer jap voice back
rolleyes.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte