Hacking SSBB green text error

RooM

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone, i have a green text error when i try to run DVD9 version.

Wii : 3.1E with wiikey 1.9g
Burner: Nec 7170S
Media : Verbatim DVD+R DL 2.4x ( made in India : Spindle )

Here it is:
SSBBerror1.JPG

Help me please ... i wasted 3 fucking discs trying to burn with 2.4x, regionfrii set to PAL and 4x ...
Thank you all.

edit: I run DVD5 version and had no crashes so far. I updated 100% with DVD5 version.
When i swap it still doesn't work.

RooM

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I bought 10 at first but do verbatim WORK? I mean ... :/

edit: updated first post.

I run DVD5 version and had no crashes so far. I updated 100% with DVD5 version.
When i swap it still doesn't work.

emirof

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I haven't got it to work with Verbatim DVD+R DL 2.4x . I don't think those disks are good for the wii to recognize. Try TDK or some other brand.

RooM

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Basic Japanese translates the first like to "The disc cannot be read." There's way too much kanji on the bottom line though.

It's fairly obvious, but at least it doesn't say "You can't run copies"

kingofkingz24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here are directions to get a succesful DVD9 copy of Super Smash Brothers Brawl to Work!

If you havent already, burn the DVD5 version, patch it with regionfrii or brickblocker doesnt matter.
(make sure your config disk is set to region override)
Insert the game and let it update 100% , make sure the game works!(2 japanese duplicate channels will appear)

Burn the DVD9 version, no need to patch with anything.

Insert the disk and it will automatically play.! thats it. NOT complicated at ALL!!

NTSC wii with Wiikey 1.9g
Toshiba DL Burner
Memorex DL disk+r 8x
Imgburn 4x

RooM

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Here are directions to get a succesful DVD9 copy of Super Smash Brothers Brawl to Work!

If you havent already, burn the DVD5 version, patch it with regionfrii or brickblocker doesnt matter.
(make sure your config disk is set to region override)
Insert the game and let it update 100% , make sure the game works!(2 japanese duplicate channels will appear)

Burn the DVD9 version, no need to patch with anything.

Insert the disk and it will automatically play.! thats it. NOT complicated at ALL!!

NTSC wii with Wiikey 1.9g
Toshiba DL Burner
Memorex DL disk+r 8x
Imgburn 4x

I have updated 100% with DVD5 version ... still. Gonna test the 1x burned ver now.
My config disk is set to region override but everytime i load it, it displays 'off'. I read here that it was normal so...

edit: Does not work. Should i try Memorex media ? :/

kingofkingz24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
make sure when yoiu set the region overide you reset the console from the config disk menu. try memorex and imgburn.
RooMdoes your DVD 5 version work?

RooM

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
make sure when yoiu set the region overide you reset the console from the config disk menu. try memorex and imgburn.
RooMdoes your DVD 5 version work?

It is written in first post. I have read here about people experiencing problems with the DVD5 version ( not mentionning videos crash ) and i've NEVER had any problems with it. No framerate problems, no crash, no bug, nothing.

Verbatim DL DVD are not working correctly on the Wii
wink.gif

Damn... I've just updated my burner's firmware but i can't fine changelog ... i'll see about that.
Shuny, i can't find TDK, is Memorex good? Philips? Sony ? ( expensive :/ ).
Better buy 8x, 4x or 2.5x ( 2,5x makes me doubt about the quality )?
Thanks
wink.gif
Don't wanna buy again for nothing :

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Made in India verbatim dl are awful for anything , not just wii. They are total crap. Only get the made in Singapore verbatim +r dl , unless you like throwing your money away , which your pretty much doing with the made in India crap.

RooM

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Made in India verbatim dl are awful for anything , not just wii. They are total crap. Only get the made in Singapore verbatim +r dl , unless you like throwing your money away , which your pretty much doing with the made in India crap.

Oh and you mr.smart think you can see "made in singapore" over the net or in "stock shops" ?
sleep.gif

Oen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GREEN SCREEN FIX!!!

(Maybe...)

Depending on what green screen you mean. I have discovered during VS matches that I get the green screen kind of randomly. From what I have found is that the game is trying to load music from the second layer.

To fix simply eject the disc and put it back in, as soon as the disc reads the game should start again (but you won't hear background music right away, this is why I believe my theory). To make this fix last, go to the options and turn down all the tracks (except the first one) in the music options.

I haven't gotten a green screen recently, but I am sure there could be other reasons.

I hope this helps, and like I said this is my theory to fixing the problem.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Oh and you mr.smart think you can see "made in singapore" over the net or in "stock shops" ?
sleep.gif

Yes , yes you can. http://svp.co.uk/product/verbatim_(24x)_do..._r_(95166)_3718

"We've been sure to source only the stock that was manufactured in Verbatims Singapore factory, their premier factory for Double Layer production"

Oh well would you look at that , verbatim double layer specified as made in Singapore
ohmy.gif
. So yes you can check over the net as some shops list them , failing that email and ask , or failing that buy the 8X which are all made in Singapore.

Stock shop?. I assume by that you mean shop you walk into and buy , in which case there is nothing stopping you picking up the spindle and looking where it is made before buying.

RooM

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

sleep.gif

Yes , yes you can. http://svp.co.uk/product/verbatim_(24x)_do..._r_(95166)_3718

"We've been sure to source only the stock that was manufactured in Verbatims Singapore factory, their premier factory for Double Layer production"

Oh well would you look at that , verbatim double layer specified as made in Singapore
ohmy.gif
. So yes you can check over the net as some shops list them , failing that email and ask , or failing that buy the 8X which are all made in Singapore.

Stock shop?. I assume by that you mean shop you walk into and buy , in which case there is nothing stopping you picking up the spindle and looking where it is made before buying.

I live in France, i don't know if there are such things unfortunately. And for the stock shops i mean a shop where they only have stock: you ask for a product they bring you from the stock and they don't give a damn about india or singapore made :/
Anyway, you do think i love losing money? I'm fucking upset about it ...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water